A'keria Chanel Davenport is the stage name of Gregory D'Wayne, a drag queen, performer, the 2017-2018 holder of the "Miss Black Universe" title, as well as one of the Season 11 contestants of "RuPaul's Drag Race".
A'keria's drag mother is Armani Nicole Davenport, the drag daughter of Kelexis Davenport, whose other daughters include past contestants Sahara Davenport and Kennedy Davenport, as well as Silky O'Hara Munro (drag grandmother of Ra'Jah O'Hara), Deja Davenport (drag mother of Honey Davenport and drag grand mother to Monét X Change) and Chevelle Brooks (drag mother of Jiggly Caliente).
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 6, 9)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 6)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 6)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 3, 7)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
From the legendary "House of Davenport", A'keria's slick shiny look makes you sit up and pay attention. The current reigning "Miss Black Universe", this super accomplished pageant drag queen is doing the Davenports proud with her signature aesthetic: "fit, fashion, mug and body". Expect big hair, big attitude and big results from this competitor.
"Oh yes, it's me: Miss A'keria D-A-V-E-N-P-O-R, and as you can see, I'm the motherfucking T."
- "Get. Out. Get out!" (referring to Brooke Lynn Hytes)
- "I don't know about y'all, but a couple of us is getting Elvis." (referring to Soju's entrance look)
- "Whas goin' on?"
- "Oh, you a big bitch, I got to get you twice!" (to Silky Ganache in Episode 2's maxi challenge, the "Good God Girl, Get Out!" sketch)
- "About 5 years ago, I watched that movie 'Sparkle' that she starred in." (referring to the singer Mariah Carey and the movie "Glitter", on Episode 3's maxi challenge, the "Diva Workship" sketch)
- "LIAR CAREY!" (to Plastique Tiara during the "Diva Worship" sketch)
- "I don't know where this is leading to. It's just a snake wrapped across her head..." (referring to Brooke Lynn Hytes "MILF Eleganza" look creative process)
- "I want whatever she's on."
- "My best advice is: slap that ass and get a free pass."
- "It'd be no golden showers here as of right now." (as Tiffany Haddish in the "Snatch Game at Sea")
- "At least the rowls were cohesive." (referring to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo and Plastique Tiara sketch in Episode 9's maxi challenge, the "L.A.D.P." sketch)
- "TWERKIN' IS A BLESSIN'! TWERKIN' IS A BLESSIN' BABY!" (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "Girl, I can't even fart."
- "I think the chicken had more air time than Shuga did." (referring to Shuga Cain and her "L.A.D.P." sketch with Silky Ganache)
- "If all else fails, go Asian." (referring to Plastique Tiara switching into her Asian accent during the “L.A.D.P” sketch)
- "I'm confused as hell and lost as a Billy Goat."
- "Girl, Fish turned into a demon!" (referring to Plastique Tiara after she had a demon accent)
- Even though it was not the intention, A'keria Chanel Davenport's name is a pun on the phrase "I carry a Chanel";
- A'keria is, tied with Honey Davenport and Ra'Jah O'Hara, as the 4th contestant from the "House of Davenport" to appear on "RuPaul's Drag Race", the 1st being Sahara Davenport, the 2nd being Kennedy Davenport, and the 3rd being Monét X Change.
- She's 1 of the 3 Season 11 contestants to feature a brand in her name, the other 2 being Mercedes Iman Diamond and Ariel Versace;
- Her favourite past-contestant is Season 9 winner Sasha Velour;
- She is the first-ever Davenport to reach the finale on her original season.
- She was paired with Kimora Blac for Episode 1's mini-challenge, a photoshoot
- She did most of her Season 11 looks;
- She was a part of the first-ever six-way lip-sync against Honey Davenport, Plastique Tiara, Ra'Jah O'Hara, Scarlet Envy, and Shuga Cain.
- She is the only participant from the lip-syncs to reach the finale.
- She had been raising her nephew prior to the show, this is revealed in the Podcast on Episode 12. She is the fifth father to come out of drag race with Tyra Sanchez, Nicole Paige Brooks, Mrs. Kasha Davis, and Tempest DuJour.
- A'keria is the first Davenport to make it to the finale in a regular season and the third overall, after Kennedy Davenport in All Stars 3 and Monét X Change in All Stars 4.
- A'keria was in Taylor Swift's music video for You Need to Calm Down
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|