AJ and the Queen is a Netflix original series created by RuPaul and Michael Patrick King starring RuPaul herself. It premiered on Netflix internationally on January 10, 2020, and consists of 10 episodes.
AJ and the Queen follows "Ruby Red, a bigger-than-life but down-on-her-luck drag queen who travels across America from club to club in a rundown 1990’s R/V with her unlikely sidekick AJ, an ostensibly orphaned, tough-talking, scrappy, 11-year-old stowaway. As these two misfits, one tall, one small, travel from city to city, Ruby’s message of love and acceptance winds up touching people and changing their lives for the better." 
- RuPaul as Robert Lincoln Lee/Ruby Red - 10/10
- Izzy G. as AJ - 10/10
- Michael-Leon Wooley as Louis Bell/Coco Butter - 10/10
- Josh Segarra as Hector Ramirez/Damian Sanchez - 9/10
- Tia Carrere as Lady Danger - 9/10
- Katerina Tannenbaum as Brianna Douglas - 10/10
- Matthew Wilkas as Officer Patrick Kennedy - 7/10
- Jo Farkas as Mrs. Sweeney - 3/10
- Shawana Carter as Tianna - 3/10
- Valentina - 1/10
- Mayhem Miller - 1/10
- Bianca Del Rio - 1/10
- Eureka O'Hara - 1/10
- Victoria "Porkchop" Parker - 1/10
- Alexis Mateo - 1/10
- Manila Luzon - 1/10
- Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - 1/10
- Jinkx Monsoon as Edie- 1/10
- Katya Zamolodchikova as Magda - 1/10
- Jaymes Mansfield - 1/10
- Chad Michaels as Brian Gerrity - 1/10
- Mariah Balenciaga - 1/10
- Kennedy Davenport - 1/10
- Jade Jolie - 1/10
- Ongina - 1/10
- Latrice Royale as Fabergé Legs - 1/10
- Monique Heart as Miss Terri Tory - 1/10
- Ginger Minj as Tommy/Fanny Pack - 1/10
- Trinity The Tuck as Danielle Dupri- 1/10
- Jujubee as Lee Saint Lee - 1/10
- Pandora Boxx - 1/10
- Mario Cantone as Alma Joy - 1/10
- Kay Sedia - 1/10
- Dahlia Sin - 1/10
- Adrienne Barbeau as Helen - 1/10
- Marc Singer as Bob - 1/10
- Jane Krakowski as as Beth Barnes Beagle - 1/10
- Bridget Everett - 1/10
- Tim Bagley as Lloyd Johnson - 1/10
- Laura Bell Bundy - 1/10
- Kevin Daniels as Darrell - 1/10
- Michael Cyril Creighton as Christian - 1/10
- Lorraine Bracco as Herself - 1/10
- Mary Kay Place as Hospital Administrator - 1/10
- John Rubinstein as Doctor - 1/10
- On May 11, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The series is set to be written and executive produced by RuPaul and Michael Patrick King both of whom also created the show. Production companies involved with the series include MPK Productions and Warner Bros. Television.  
- Alongside the series order announcement, it was confirmed that RuPaul would star in the series.
- On July 17, 2018, a casting breakdown released to talent agencies was published online. It revealed the names of four new characters, Louis, Hector/Damian Sanchez, Lady Danger, and Brianna, and included character descriptions as well.
- On September 20, 2018, it was announced that Josh Segarra, Michael-Leon Wooley, Katerina Tannenbaum, and Tia Carrere had been cast in starring roles.
- On October 16, 2018, it was reported that Izzy G. had been cast in the lead role of the titular AJ.
- On January 18, 2019, it was announced that Matthew Wilkas had joined the cast in a recurring capacity.
- On August 14, 2019 it was confirmed on Rupaul and Michelle Visage's podcast that Adrienne Barbeau would be making an appearance. 
- On December 3, 2019, it was also revealed that 22 queens from past seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race would be appearing alongside Ru.
- On December 4, 2019, it was also revealed through one of the trailers for the show that 30 Rock and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt star Jane Krakowski will appear on the show. 
- On January 21, 2020 Latrice Royale gave an interview in which she revealed that RuPaul personally asked her to join the drag icon’s new Netflix series, AJ and the Queen, as a creative consultant.
- She mentions how she,“ was in the writer's room with six writers, RuPaul, and the rest of the team conceptualizing and forming these stories.”
- On March 6, 2020, RuPaul broke the news in a tweet, where he confirmed that Netflix had canceled the series after one season. 
Season 1 (2020)
BTS & Interviews
- The names of the episodes are after American cities that AJ and Robert Lincoln Lee/Ruby Red find themselves in each given episode.