Her drag name simply began as "Acid", and "Betty" came from her love of 1950s pin-up model, Bettie Page.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||3 (Eps. 1, 2, 3)|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 5)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 5|
On The Show
Betty is often seen stirring drama throughout her run on the show, for example in the episode New Wave Queens, when Team Dragometry (Chi Chi DeVayne, Derrick Barry and Naysha Lopez) are conflicted in their decisions for their group, Acid suggests ideas which are a clear attempt to put them in the bottom.
She came high in the first three challenges of the season and safe in the fourth episode, however, during Snatch Game, her impersonation of Nancy Grace fell flat and she had to lip sync for her life. She lost out to Naomi Smalls and was therefore eliminated in eighth place.
"No need to adjust your TV sets. This acid trip is alllll real!"
- "Bob is a comedian, which means she tells 300 jokes and four of them are funny."
- "This is a mess I can't wait to see."
- "O M baby Jesus!"
- "Yeah! Fuck you Thorgy!"
- "When that bus comes on by, I'm gonna throw her first." (referring to Chi Chi DeVayne)
- "I do freaky drag... the drag scene should not be homogenized, and not everyone should look the same."
- "Acid Betty, out!" (Upon elimination)
- "Bitch that's it, that's the tea."
"Ladies, you have been touched by fierceness! Now werq it out! - Bob, ♥ you! See jew in new york. - Thorgy you are amazeballz! - Acid Betty [censored] 💋"
- At 37 (at the time), she was season eight's oldest queen.
- In her "Meet the Queens" video, Betty said she would choose to be best friends with Season 3 winner, Raja because she is a "bitch".
- She cites Leigh Bowery as one of her influences.
- Betty was given what many fans call "the bitch edit" during her run on the show.
- In her entrance Betty is using a can of smoke as a spray can, as used in Hairspray on Broadway.
- Acid Betty met Bob The Drag Queen before season 8. It was at a New York City party in 2011. Thorgy also knew her before the season.
- At the reunion, Betty had a small fight with fellow drag queen Trixie Mattel who said "In Untucked, did you or did you not come for me? I will take my answer after the show in the parking lot". However, it can be speculated this fight was staged due to the similarities between previous fights on the show as well as the wink given after the scene.
- She appeared as a guest model on season 5 of Project Runway, in the same episode when RuPaul judged with his infamous messy look.
- He had an alter-ego in 2005 when he was starting drag called "Bitter Betty".
- Acid Betty is Jewish.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine mistook Acid Betty's name as 'Acid Berry' for two episodes.
- A complex character; Betty is initially known for being stern, cold, and steely, but has proven to be a loving and loyal sister to her fellow queens. When fellow Season 8 queen Cynthia was diagnosed with cancer, Betty cancelled a string of upcoming shows to travel to Texas to look after her.
Season 8 Looks
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg