Adore Delano is the stage name of Danny Noriega, an American drag performer, singer, and YouTube personality. Noriega is best known for being a contestant on the seventh season of American Idol, as well as a renowned finalist on Season 6 and a contestant on All Stars 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
Noriega was born on September 29, 1989, in Glendora, California. They are mainly of Mexican descent, with some German and Native American ancestry. They attended Center Middle School & Sierra High School. Noriega is a Libra zodiac sign and proudly speaks about it.
In 2008, Noriega appeared on the seventh season of American Idol, making it to the semi-finals. Their comment towards judge Simon Cowell, "some people weren't liking it" later went viral and was frequently featured on The Soup. After watching them on Idol, Rosie O'Donnell invited Noriega to perform on her R Family Vacations cruise. They also were interviewed by Ellen DeGeneres and performed on Ellen. Noriega had said that their mother told them to "butch it up" for the competition to avoid being bullied.
Following Idol, Noriega became a YouTube personality, performing skits as themselves, in drag as Adore Delano, or as their other character, Angel Baby. In June 2009, Noriega released the music video for "24/7," featuring Diamonique.
Drag Name Origin
She started as Violet Valentine, Adore was her brother’s Chola friend’s name, where she would go around tagging the name on the walls around the city with spray paint. She loved that name and used it for her first drag competition. She later added Delano and got it from looking up demonic child names and it was the one that stood out and seems to fit. Delano means “of the night” in Old French (de la Nuit), but in other origins means "swamp", and in Spanish means "of the anus".
RuPaul's Drag Race
After seeing RuPaul's Drag Race contestant Raven perform at the nightclub Micky's in West Hollywood, Noriega was inspired to enter a drag competition at the club, later winning it on October 3, 2011. Following the win, Noriega started performing regularly in Southern California as Adore Delano. Along with other RuPaul's Drag Race contestants, Adore walked the Marco Marco runway for Los Angeles Fashion Week in 2013.
In December 2013, Logo announced that Adore Delano was among 14 drag queens who would be competing in the sixth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Adore had previously competed for the Season 5 fan-vote, ultimately losing to Penny Tration. During Season 6, Adore was criticized by the panel judges for being a sloppy queen, not cinching her waist, and getting by on her personality and charm. Although she had a rough start, she has shown much improvement as the episodes progress.
Adore came into the competition on Episode 1 as part of the first group of contestants, where contestants had to make a dress based on a popular television show from contents in a box. Fellow contestant and friend Laganja Estranja chose the box based on the TV show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo for Adore, a choice she was not thrilled with for she would have preferred the Golden Girls box. Adore (lacking sewing skills) had a difficult time with the challenge, and accidentally hot glued her dress to her mannequin. On the runway, judge Michelle Visage considered her dress to be, "just fabric wrapped around her body," and the look received mainly negative reviews, though she avoided placing in the bottom two.
During the show, Adore criticized fellow contestant and friend Laganja Estranja for not acting like herself. Although the two were friends, they seemed to have a slight rivalry during the competition.
On Episode 6 " Oh No She Betta Don't!", Adore won her first challenge, rapping in a music video. She consecutively won her second challenge the next week, Episode 7, " Glamazon by Colorevolution" along with teammate Laganja Estranja. Adore became the second contestant of Season 6 to win two challenges, after BenDeLaCreme. She eventually placed as the first runner-up of Season 6, behind her eventual friend throughout the season, Bianca Del Rio.
Adore came back in August 2016 for RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2, but decided to leave the competition in Episode 2 “All-Stars Snatch Game”, following some thorough criticism by judge Michelle Visage, and vicious criticism from guest judge Raven Symoné in the first episode. Adore Delano is the first contestant in both series to quit the competition. This would later be done by BenDeLaCreme, although for different reasons.
|Season Competed:||Season 6||All Stars 2|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 6, 7, 11)||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 3, 4)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||2 (Eps. 3, 4)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 9, 10)||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14||Episode 2|
"I'm home! Fuck yeah, I'm the first one."
All Stars 2
After RuPaul's Drag Race
Adore released her lead single "DTF" via YouTube on May 19, 2014. On June 3, 2014, Adore released her debut album entitled "Till Death Do Us Party". It debuted at #3 on the Dance/Electronic Albums Billboard charts and reached #59 on the Billboard 200. Adore is the highest-charting artist of any Drag Race contestant, including RuPaul, thus far. She was a contestant on Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars but decided to leave voluntarily.
- Adore Delano shares the same first name as Milk and Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams.
- Adore Delano identifies as non-binary out of drag.
- Adore has a drag daughter named Yasmin Delano
- Adore Delano, Bianca Del Rio, Courtney Act, and Darienne Lake are in a group text that they talk in daily.
- Adore Delano is the second queen in the American Drag Race franchise to receive negative critiques in their first episode competing and go on to make the top 3 of the season. The first to do so was Rebecca Glasscock of Season 1.
- Adore voices a character named "Roxy Moron" in the WOWPresents+ show "Drag Tots". The show also features Bianca Del Rio, Valentina, and many more Ru-Girls. RuPaul herself also voices a character.
- Adore had a guest appearance in Taylor Swift's LGBT+ music video, You Need to Calm Down.
Adore attained 2 million followers on Instagram in December 2019.
- Adore is one of the next 3 drag queens to get a Funko Pop! figure, along with All Stars 3 finalist Shangela and famous Brazilian singer and YouTuber, Pabllo Vittar.
- Adore is the only Top 4 contestant to have competed in Season 6's first premiere.
- As stated in her Meet the Queens interview, Adore's favorite past Drag Race contestant is Alaska.
- Adore was the first Drag Race contestant to not be eligible to return into the competition as part of a twist. She was later followed by Ginny Lemon on RuPaul's Drag Race UK (Season 2).
- Adore, along with Roxxxy Andrews and Ongina, has competed on two or more seasons and has been judged in every episode they competed in.
- Adore is the first ever Drag Race contestant to perform in an All Star Variety Show.
- Adore stated she was called to compete on All Stars 6.
- She told the casting producers she would go on only if she would be able to perform a specific talent show act, which production ended up not having enough time to prepare, leading to her not being cast on the season.
- She later revealed at a Roscoe's Viewing Party that the talent was fire spitting, and involved her smashing fake beer bottles over her head.
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- "I'm from Azusa. I'll stab a bitch."
- "Fuck all the way off."
- "I'm a fucking Libra."
- "Yeah, motherfucker, yeah."
- "It's very that."
- "My mom's a Chola and she likes big cocks."
- "Fuck off. Fuck all the way off."
- "For all the other queen who tell me I'm not polished enough, they just need to know I'm polish remover, bitch."
- "They smell like feet!" (when describing her Tights in the Puppet mini challenge)
- "I'm too punk to wash my tights."
- "I looked like a Lesbian Jonas Brother."
- "Bianca is hilarious. She's everything I wanna be when I'm 57."
- "BITCH JUST STOLE MY MOTHERFUCKING MOVE! D-did you see that? Bitch, I did that first, I did that first."
- "I'm fucking cool."
- "She looks fucking bomb.com.org.co.uk." (referring to Trinity K. Bonet)
- "I'm Adore Delano, I’m two years old, and I’m from the ocean."
- "This isn't Barney & Friends, girl."
- "Oh, we're playing that this year, bitch?"
- "I wanted to show my hog body."
- "I'm a mermaid, and I grew up singing so the humans would hear me from above."
- "I spit ill shit on a fucking daily."
- "My name is Adore Delano and I'm a messy slut"
- "She should have let me go out there with pink hair, that would have been cool!"
- "So Laganja has ideas, and I mean I was raised right, so all I can do is nervous laugh at them, because I don't know how to respond to them. I'm not going to say 'No bitch, that's an awful idea and mine is better', but that was the truth of this situation."
- "Miss Laganja Estranja. Next time you do a death drop, reverse that and drop dead."
- "Every day is shark week with your grill."
- Bianca Del Rio: “At least Beyonce's dresses hit the floor." Adore Delano: "So do your tits."
- "It's very a star is born!"
- "Like my body? Want some money? Wanna viper?" (as Anna Nicole Smith in Snatch Game)
- "So I put 'hair' and I think I won somethin." (as Anna Nicole Smith in Snatch Game)
- "Well, I'm not really a drinkerr," (as Anna Nicole Smith in Snatch Game)
- "Kimmyy!" (as Anna Nicole Smith in Snatch Game)
- "But I had to wear it because it was see-through and I wanted to show my bahhhhhday." (To Michelle Visage during critiques)
- "Anyone close to me knows that cunt, bitch, fuck, damn, shit, and ass are my favorite words to use."
- "I look fucking cool."
- "Oh my gosh, no, yeah, we're here, we're fucking queer, and we're not going anyweer."
- "I just want pizza and dick, I don't want any more drama!"
- “My name says it all, ain't no need to try to force it. Look at my body in this brand-new corset. Men turn around, pants coming down. Go home, hos, where my Drag Race crown?” (verse in Oh No She Better Don't)
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2
- "I don't think I belong here."
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 Looks
|Winner||Bianca Del Rio|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Adore Delano & Courtney Act|
|Other Queens||4th: Darienne Lake • 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Miss Congeniality) • 6th Joslyn Fox • 7th: Trinity K. Bonet • 8th: Laganja Estranja • 9th: Milk • 10th: Gia Gunn • 11th: April Carrión • 12th: Vivacious • 13th & 14th: Kelly Mantle & Magnolia Crawford|
|Judges||RuPaul • Santino Rice • Michelle Visage|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Detox & Katya • 4th: Roxxxy Andrews|
|Other Queens||5th: Alyssa Edwards • 6th: Tatianna • 7th: Phi Phi O'Hara • 8th: Ginger Minj • 9th: Adore Delano (Quit) • 10th: Coco Montrese|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Todrick Hall • Ross Mathews|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|