Alaska Thunderfuck 5000, also just known as Alaska, is the stage name of Justin Andrew Honard, a drag queen, performer, acting and music artist known for be a Season 5 runner-up of "RuPaul's Drag Race", as well as the "All Stars 2" winner.
Alaska studied Theater at the University of Pittsburgh. After graduation, she moved to Los Angeles, California to get more acting jobs and there started doing drag professionally.
Alaska met Sharon Needles during a holiday break. Sharon went back to Pittsburgh and shortly after they met, she moved back too. They were in a relationship for 4 years.
During Season 4, Sharon explained that Alaska had auditioned for every single season of "RuPaul's Drag Race", but that Sharon had made it through on her first try. Alaska later explained that while she was upset at first about Sharon's success, she decided it was better to be her biggest fan. They were announced as the drag race "royal couple" and "super couple" until Alaska and Sharon announced their separation on December 19, 2013, explaining that it was the best thing to do, but they are still friends.
"Alaska Thunderfuck" comes from Alaskan Thunderfuck, a strain of cannabis.
Alaska's drag mother is Jer Ber Jones, who mentored her when she moved to Los Angeles. She also has 2 drag daughters, Nebraska Thunderfuck (who was put in drag for the first time by Alaska during Season 5's makeover challenge) and Nevada Thunderfuck.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Statistics||Season 5||All Stars 2|
|Main Challenges Won||2 (ep. 8, 11)||4 (ep. 2, 4, 5, 6)|
|Mini Challenges Won||4 (ep. 3, 7, 10, 11)||2 (ep. 1, 6)|
|Times in Bottom||0||1 (ep. 7)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 14||N/A|
All Stars 2
"Greetings, my message for the human race is really quite simple... HIEEEE!"
- "Are you red... y for me?"
- "I live for Chaz Bono. Chaz Bono came out Cher's vagina."
- "It is so good, I just wanna spray it all over mah body right now."
- "Michelle Visage, you can take the girl out of New Jersey, but you can't keep the girl from giving blow jobs to homeless men along the New Jersey Turnpike."
- "I don't even know what a Rolodex is."
- "Down with communism."
- "Your makeup is terrible!"
- "I'd like everyone to meet: Lil' Poundcake. Her catchphrase is 'You're not my real dad and you never will be'. Lil' Poundcake enjoys ridin' dirty and bein' a straight up motherfuckin' dick pig."
- "Alyssa... she's dressed like a businesswoman of the eighties who doesn't want romance without finance."
- "How do I feel about queens who've had plastic surgery? Jealous. If I had my way, my upper lip would look like this: *does a weird face*"
- "Detox, you're so seductive. Unfortunately, it's illegal to do it with you because most of your parts are under 18 years of age."
- "Long story short, the season of the fish smells like trout." (closing Season 5's "Reading is Fundamental" challenge)
- "Well Julie, I just wrote ANUS." (as Lady Bunny on "Snatch Game")
- "Let's get all star-ted!"
- "Anus-thing is possible."
- "Don't worry, if drag doesn't work out, you will always have something to fall back on: your backrolls." (to Alyssa Edwards during an "All Stars 2" stand-up comedy challenge)
- "My name is yours, what's Alaska?"
- "I'll give you 10,000 dollars via PayPal... after taxes, because I NEED to stay in this competition" (to Detox)
- "I beat around the bush all the time what are ya' talking about arnggghhh!" (as Mae West on "Snatch Game")
- "Why don't you come up and fuck me in the ass sometime, arnggghhh!" (as Mae West on "Snatch Game")
- Alaska started doing drag in 2007;
- Alaska is a part of the "AAA Girls (American Apparel Ad Girls)", alongside Courtney Act and Willam;
- Along with Trixie Mattel and RuPaul, she was made into a Funk Pop! figurine;
- A acting artist, she played "Dr. Frank N. Furter" in the Woodlawn Theatre production of "The Rocky Horror Show" and starred in movies such as "The Quiet Room" and "The Last Sharknado";
- She was on the cast of the VH1's reality show "Scared Famous";
- She was featured in some editions of the album "Christmas Queens";
- Alaska is the first queen to quit a mini challenge.
- Despite placing low multiple times during Season 5, she never had to lip-sync for her life. This makes her one of ten queens to never lip-sync for her life while on the show;
- Alaska is tied with Asia O'Hara for winning the second most mini-challenges from her original season, with a total of 4. She is only beaten Detox, who has won 5;
- She had auditioned for every single season before making it onto Season 5;
- After appearing on Season 5, she became addicted to drugs but was sober by the time of filming "All Stars 2";
- She and fellow "All Stars 2" contestant Katya are one of three pairs of queens to lip-sync against each other twice, the other pairs being Darienne Lake and BenDeLaCreme on Season 6, Shangela and BenDeLaCreme on "All Stars 3";
- While on "All Stars 2" she was criticized (along with Detox) and called "snake" for sending home stronger queens while keeping Roxxxy Andrews, despite Roxxxy placing in the bottom five times during the season;
- She's the 2nd runner-up who never placed in the Bottom 2 while the winner of her season did. The first was Nina Flowers and the third is Kim Chi. She is also the second queen to never place in the bottom two on her original season but be up for elimination at least once on her "All Stars" season, Nina Flowers also being the first queen to do so in "All Stars 1" with Tammie Brown (Team Brown Flowers);
- She won 6 main challenges (2 in Season 5 and 4 in "All Stars 2");
- Following Team Shad, Alaska is the 3rd person to win 3 challenges in a row;
- She won every mini-challenge on All Stars 2.
- She, Bianca Del Rio and Chad Michaels appeared in the most seasons of all the winners, appearing on five seasons in total. Alaska first appeared on Season 4, 2nd on Season 5, 3rd on Season 7, 4th on "All Stars 2", and 5th on "All Stars 3";
- Her Season 5 pageant queen, Lil' Poundcake, was turned into a doll that you can buy and speaks when it's stomach is pressed.
All Stars 2
- "Anus" (2015) (Tracklist: 1. Hieee 2. Anus 3. Pussy 4. Beard 5. This is My Hair 6. Nails - Piano Introduction ft. Jeremy Mark Mikush 7. Nails 8. Gimme All Your Money ft. Laganja Estranja 8. Everything Tonight 10. Best Night Ever 11. The Shade of It All ft. Courtney Act & Willam 12. Legendary 13. Killer 14. Your Makeup is Terrible)
- "Poundcake" (2016) (Tracklist: 1. The T ft. Adore Delano 2. Let's Do Drag ft. Lady Red Couture 3. Slaytina 4. Stun ft. Gia Gunn 5. Puppet 6. O, Brasil... 7. Come to Brazil 8. Diamond in The Rough 9. High 10. Chicken ft. Miss Fame 11. Race Chaser 12. I Invented That ft. Jackie Beat 13. It is What It Is ft. Nick Laughlin & Jeremy Mark Mikush)
- "Ru Girl" (2013)
- "Snaked" (2018)
The AAA Girls' Albums
- "Acess All Areas" (2018) (Tracklist: 1. AAA 2. A Lacefront Like This 3. Dear Uber Driver 4. Pride or Die 5. Heather? ft. Stacy Layne Matthews 6. Tuck Tape 7. When The Water Runs Clear 8. Meet & Greet)
The AAA Girls' Singles
- "Dear Santa, Bring Me A Man" (2014)
- "Let's Get Something Started" (2013) by Candy Apple Blue ft. Alaska
- "Can I Get An Amen?" (2013) by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 5 Cast
- "Kai Kai" (2013) by Sharon Needles ft. Ana Matronic & Alaska
- "I Look Fuckin' Cool" (2014) by Adore Delano ft. Alaska
- "American Apparel Ad Girls" (2014) by Willam ft. Alaska & Courtney Act
- "Ride for AIDS" (2015) by Willam ft. Alaska
- "Miss Fame" (2015) by Miss Fame ft. Alaska
- "Read U Wrote U" (2016) by RuPaul ft. Alaska, Detox, Katya & Roxxxy Andrews
- "Yet Another Dig" (2017) by Bob The Drag Queen ft. Alaska
- "Shade" (2018) by Cake Moss ft. Alaska
- "All This Body" (2018) by Jiggly Caliente ft. Alaska & Ginger Minj
- "America's Sweetheart" (2018) by Blair St. Clair ft. Alaska
- "La China Mas Latina" (2018) by Gia Gunn ft. Alaska
- "Where Are The Jokes?" by Trinity The Tuck ft. Alaska
2nd & 3rd: Alaska & Roxxxy Andrews
4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg