- 1 Name Origin
- 2 RuPaul's Drag Race
- 3 Memorable Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Videos
- 7 Discography
- 8 Filmography
- 9 Tours
- 10 Social Media
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
Aquaria's name comes from her zodiac sign, Aquarius.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 4, 7, 11)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 4, 9)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||0|
Before her season, Aquaria already was popular on Instagram, making some fans of the TV show believe (specially when she was announced as a contestant of Season 10) that she was all about beauty and with no talent. But Aquaria proved them wrong, doing a great job not only in most of fashion challenges, but also in performative and comedy ones like the "Snatch Game".
Aquaria had some struggle with her diction during the competition and also landed 2 times in the Bottom 3 but never had to lip sync in order to not get eliminated.
In Episode 14, "Grand Finale", after lip syncing (for the crown) twice (first against Eureka and then against Kameron Michaels, and Eureka at the same time) Aquaria was crowned the tenth "America's Next Drag Superstar".
Aquaria is a huge fan favourite and is known for being one of the show's youngest winners (with her being crowned at the age of 22) and for being the drag daughter of Season 4 champion Sharon Needles, making them the first drag mother and daughter duo to win.
After the finale, a recent poll was published which revealed that 60% of people said that Aquaria deserved to win over Kameron and Eureka.
- "Bonjour!... Sorry to keep you waiting." (entrance quote; "bonjour" being French for "hi")
- "My name is Aquaria and I am a superstar!"
- "I need something to stand out because RuPaul doesn't see the star in me. That means that I'm not showing him my star... does that make sense?"
- "The key to doing well in this challenge is keeping your lip-sync straight, your choreography gay, and your characterization bicurious."
- "I'm like Gandi."
- "Some girls in the werkroom chose to read books, I chose to turn looks."
- "Oh, come on Buzz Lightyear!"
- "My humor comes from a... very confused place in my brain."
- "Any hole is a goal." (as Melania Trump in "Snatch Game")
- "It's alright Barack, no worries." (to RuPaul, as Melania Trump in "Snatch Game")
- "Russian hooker urine." (as Melania Trump in Snatch Game)
- "No wonder my husband's complaining about China all the time!" (as Melania Trump in Snatch Game)
- "The only vers I am is Versace."
- "I can tell by the twinkle in RuPaul's eyes that he is living for this." (referring to her runway look)
- "If you pee clear, cheer!"
- "Bonjour! Curtains up with the lights flashing bright. The number one showstopping diva here for your delight. Life, liberty, and me! Serving face and dressed to the nines. Come on, give me my encore, baby, it's showtime! Turning looks, stunting pretty, I'm the bitch from New York City. Playing at the parties and I know that I am carrying, I might be an Aquarian but—" (verse in American)
- "Sometimes in life you're not always given a second chance. But if you do, take advantage of it and go out with a bang." (winner acceptance speech)
- "I don't define drag, drag is defined by me." (during her "Meet the Queens" interview)
- Aquaria has been doing drag since 2014.
- Her drag mother is Season 4 winner Sharon Needles. However, they are no longer in touch.
- Thus, they're the only drag mother/daughter duo to both win a season.
- She studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, majoring in womenswear for 2 years before dropping out.
- She trained as a dancer for 4 years and started getting famous for hosting parties, performing in nightclubs and doing makeups replicating viral memes.
- Besides doing drag, she works as a IMG New York model and one of the artists featured in website Dazed Beauty as a entertainment editor.
- She's a fan of pop singers Madonna and Lady Gaga.
- Like her, both singers are Italian descents from New York.
- She likes animes such as Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
- Season 7 winner Violet Chachki and her were the first-ever drag queens to walk Met Gala's red carpet.
- In 2019, she performed as a part of singer Rihanna's Savage X Fenty Beauty Fashion Show during New York Fashion Week.
- She's often confused with Season 10 castmate Miz Cracker in New York's drag scene.
- This caused a lot of drama around the time of Season 10, but that has ceased as they both have broadened their aesthetics and makeup.
- Both look alike, are from New York, have RuPaul's Drag Race winners as drag moms, and were nominated for 2018 People's Choice Awards' "Competition Contestant of 2018".
- Much like Season 11 contestant Plastique Tiara, she was the youngest contestant in her season (at age 21), had a large number of social media followers that wanted her competing and has a drag mother who's a successful alumni.
- She was the second contestant with the largest social media following prior to her season's cast reveal, right after Plastique Tiara.
- She's the first winner to have been safe in the first 3 episodes of a season.
- She's the third main series winner to win the "Snatch Game", following Season 5 winner Jinkx Monsoon and Season 8 winner Bob The Drag Queen.
- She was the first contestant to win the "Snatch Game" and the "Ball Challenge" in the same season, followed by Season 12 contestant Gigi Goode and Season 13 contestant Gottmik.
- She's the tenth contestant overall to never lip sync in order to not get eliminated.
- Also, the nineth contestant to reach the Top 4 without ever lip syncing.
- Monét X Change, and her are the only winner/Miss Congeniality duo to both be from the same place (New York City).
- Her statistics throughout Season 10 are very similar to Violet Chachki's.
- Aquaria was one of the newer contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race: Live in Las Vegas. Other contestants include Asia O'Hara, Kim Chi and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo.
- Aquaria is in the "Trinity of Fashion" with Raja and Violet Chachki. This group was made by the fans.
Season 10 Looks
Season 11 Looks
- "Burn Rubber". (2018)
- "Looks" by Linux with Aquaria. (2016)
- "Cher: The Unauthorized Rusical" by The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 10. (2018)
- "American (Season 10 Remix)" by RuPaul with The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 10. (2018)
- "Rim" by Brooke Candy with Violet Chachki & Aquaria. (2019)
- RuPaul's Drag Race, on Seasons 10 as contestant. (2018)
- Untucked, on Season 10 as contestant. (2018)
- RuPaul's Drag Race, on Seasons 11 as guest. (2019)
- Shot with Soju, on Season 1 Episode 14 as guest. (2017)
- Cosmo Queens, as herself. (2018)
- M.U.G., as guest. (2018)
- Transformations, as guest. (2019)
- Fashion Photo RuView, as guest. (2019)
- Werq The World, as herself. (2019)
- Portrait of a Queen, as herself. (2019)
- Werq The World Tour (World, 2017-2020). (2018-2020)
- Aquaria's Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube Channel
- Aquaria on Wikipedia | Apple Music | Spotify
|2nd & 3rd: Eureka & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|