Drag Name Origin
Aquaria got her drag name from her zodiac sign, Aquarius.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||2 (ep. 4, 9)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||3 (ep. 4, 7, 11)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0|
Before her season, Aquaria already was popular on Instagram, making some fans of the TV show believe (specially when she was announced as a contestant of Season 10) that she was all about beauty and with no talent. But Aquaria proved them wrong, doing a great job not only in most of fashion challenges, but also in performing and comedy ones like "Snatch Game".
Aquaria had some struggle with her diction during the competition and landed two times in the bottom three (on Episodes 8 and 10) but never in the bottom two.
On Episode 14, "Grand Finale", after lip syncing (for the crown) twice (first against Eureka and then against Kameron Michaels and Eureka at the same time) Aquaria was crowned the 10th "America's Next Drag Superstar".
"Bonjour!... Sorry to keep you waiting."
- "My name is Aquaria and I am a superstar!"
- "I don't define drag, drag is defined by me."
- "I need something to stand out because RuPaul doesn't see the star in me, that means that I'm not showing him my star..."
- "The key to doing well in this challenge is keeping your lip-sync straight, your choreography gay, and your characterization bicurious."
- "Some girls in the werkroom chose to read books, I chose to turn looks."
- ”Oh! Come on, Buzz Lightyear!”
- "Yasss! C'mon Postmates!"
- "My humor comes from a... very confused place in my brain."
- "Any hole is a goal." (as Melania Trump on "Snatch Game").
- "It's alright Barack, no worries." (to RuPaul on "Snatch Game")
- "I can't see shit!"
- "The only vers I am is Versace."
- "I am very comfortable in front of a camera and I love me a good photoshoot."
- "I can tell by the twinkle in RuPaul's eyes that he is living for this!"
- "If you pee clear, cheer!"
- "Sometimes in life you're not always given a second chance. But if you do, take advantage of it and go out with a bang." (winner acceptance speech)
- Aquaria has being doing drag since 2014;
- Her drag mother is Season 4 winner Sharon Needles. This makes Aquaria and Sharon the only drag mother/daughter duo to both win a season;
- Aquaria studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, majoring in womenswear and living in the dorms. However, she dropped out after the second week of her sophomore year;
- Before the show, she trained as a dancer for 4 years and hosted parties at Art Basel;
- She's often confused with Miz Cracker in New York's drag scene;
- She's the 2nd contestant with the most followers prior to her season's cast reveal after Plastique Tiara
- She's tied with Season 2 winner Tyra Sanchez as youngest contestant/winner to win 3 main challenges, also the 1st the winner to have been safe in the first 3 episodes and the 4th one to win the "Snatch Game";
- She's the 1st contestant to have won both the "Snatch Game" and the "Ball Challenge" on the same season, as well as the 9th contestant to reach the Top 4 without ever lip syncing for her life and the 10th one (overall) to never lip sync for her life;
- She and Monét X Change are the only Winner/Miss Congeniality duo to both be from the same place (New York City);
- Her statistics throughout Season 10 are very similar to Violet Chachki's (Season 7 winner). Aquaria was safe for 5 challenges, Violet was safe for 4, both never landed in the bottom 2, were in the bottom 3 twice, won 3 challenges, won the ball challenge, won the last challenge and were crowned "America's Next Drag Superstar".
Season 10 Looks
- "Burn Rubber" (2018)
- "Looks" (2016) by Linux ft. Aquaria
- "American (Season 10 Remix)" (2018) by RuPaul ft. Aquaria, Asia O'Hara, Eureka & Kameron Michaels
|2nd/3rd: Eureka O'Hara & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|