Ariel Versace is the stage name of Bryan Philip Neel, a drag queen, performer, and the wig company Drag by Chariel owner along with Chasity St. Cartier (her partner/fellow drag queen), as well as one of the queens on Season 11 of "RuPaul's Drag Race" where she placed 11th.
"Ariel" comes from the main character of the movie "The Little Mermaid", which Versace was obsessed with when she was younger. "Versace" comes from the same-named fashion brand, because she was trying to sound bougie.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 5)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 5|
A life-sized Bratz doll, this drag queen's "Jerseylicious Disney princess" aesthetic gained her a significant following before appearing on Drag Race.
Despite landing herself in the bottom on Episode 2's acting challenge, she quickly redeemed herself with her impressive singing skills in her team's evangelical talk show in Episode 3, and landed the lead role in the Rusical. However, her runway looks were described by the judges and the other contestants (particularly Yvie Oddly) as being too monotonous, which landed her in the bottom 2 in Episode 5. She tripped over her skirt in the lip-sync and was subsequently sent home by Shuga Cain.
"Now this is what dreams are made of. Nyass."
- "Lights, camera, action and me without a stitch of makeup on."
- "She's colorful, she's bright, she's a Lisa Frank nightmare, and you're gonna love her."
- "She thinks she's Hannah Montana but I secretly wanna be Ariana Grande, but with a thyroid problem."
- "She's the life-size Bratz Doll, get into it, okay."
- "What does it mean to be a New Jersey queen? We have over-the-top hair, we got the fierce paint, everything larger than life, especially our tequila intake. EVERYTHING is larger than life."
- "When I'm dealing with drama and conflict I'm gonna be a little bitch because you know what I grew up as an only child and my answer is the only answer and I'm always right so watch out bitches because this is gonna be a bumpy ride."
- "Ariel is basically like Lisa Frank threw up on a drag queen."
- "But do you consider yourself an entertainer?" (to Soju)
- "I'm definitely an entertainer at heart."
- "Is that a real question?"
- "I'm like: Girl, this is not the Silky show. *whispers* Take it down. Take it down"
- "This looks yummy!"
- "I am sick of people thinking I am just a 'look queen', I have so much to offer, I am a performer, I can turn out."
- "MerSHADEs!" (referring to Mercedes Iman Diamond at a viewing party)
- "I look like Big Bird's orange cousin from New Jersey." (referring to her Orange Alert runway)
- "Girl, delusions." (referring to Scarlet Envy)
- "Go big or go home... 5th."
- "You're literally already a woman, look at you. You are doing great sweetie!"
- "Just as I cyst-spected!"
- "I hope the fuck not."
- "Miss Yvie Oddly. Babe, Frodo Baggins called. Girl, he wants his ring back." (reading Yvie at the reunion)
- "Soju, girl, do you remember that one episode when we-- Oh wait, you don't." (reading Soju at the reunion)
"You girls taught me what sister (cyster) really is ☹ Kill it! ♡ u girls. Xoxo, Ariel. Mom!!!!"
- Ariel Versace is 1 of the 3 Season 11 contestants to feature a brand in her name, the other 2 being Mercedes Iman Diamond and A'keria Chanel Davenport.
- Versace is the 1st "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant to have named herself after a Disney princess.
- She had over 120,000 followers on Instagram prior to the cast reveal, making her the 3rd-most followed among Season 11 contestants, behind Plastique Tiara and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo.
- She does makeup tutorials on her YouTube channel (where she has around 40k subscribers).
- Her favorite past-contestants are Season 6 winner Bianca Del Rio and runner-up Adore Delano;
- She was paired with Eureka O'Hara for Episode 1's mini-challenge, a photoshoot.
- Had she reached snatch game, she would have impersonated Colleen Ballinger as Miranda Sings.
- She is the 5th contestant to slip and fall on the main stage, after Akashia, Naysha Lopez, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, and Farrah Moan. However, she's technically considered to be the 4th, as Cynthia planned her slip and fall as a parody of Madonna's slip at the 2015 Brit Awards for her "Night of 1000 Madonnas" look.
- She released the music video of her single, "Venomous", on June 4th.
Season 11 Looks
Single & Clip Video
- "Venomous" (2019)
- "Coin" ft. Soju (2019)
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|