Bianca Del Rio is the stage name of Roy Haylock, a drag queen, comedian, performer, costume designer, business person and Season 6 winner of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is a fixture in the New Orleans and New York City club scenes, often working with the legendary Lady Bunny.
Being a fan-favorite throughout and after her season, Bianca Del Rio is considered by many to be the best winner in the TV show's history. She is one of only two queens never to have placed in the bottom three, and has the second-best statistics, after BenDeLaCreme in All Stars 3.
After winning her season, Del Rio started touring both as a solo act, and in shows featuring other contestants. She starred in the movies "Hurricane Bianca" and "Hurricane Bianca 2: From Russia with Hate", and released her own book ("Blame It On Bianca") and makeup remover ( The Bianca Remover).
Bianca Del Rio's name was given to her by a friend in a New Orleans' bar while they were drunk. Del Rio mentioned she needed a stage name, so her friend mentioned she reminded her of another friend called Bianca. "Del Rio" was a creative decision because she is of Latin American descent.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 6|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 10)|
|Main Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 2, 8, 10)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0|
Since the premiere of Season 6 was split into two parts, Bianca did not compete on the show until the second episode. For the main challenge of Episode 2, contestants had to create themed party outfits out of materials from a box. Bianca won this challenge with her Luau themed dress and even RuPaul said she would personally wear it.
As an insult comic, Bianca is known for her "snarky" remarks towards other contestants (which tend to have a bit of truth to them), frank attitude and comedic timing. This initially caused some tension among her and some other contestants, although she has created a great relationship with Adore Delano and Trinity K. Bonet after some time, helping them with their struggles.
On the show, Bianca admitted that although she had met some nice people, she was not there to make friends, she was there to win. She said she does not go out of her way to make friends or enemies.
Bianca won her second challenge during Episode 8, "Queens of Comedy", doing a brilliant stand-up comedy show (as was expected from her) and on Episode 10, "Drag My Wedding", was her third and last win.
During Episode 11 of "Untucked", her friend's daughter, Lola (whom she has known she was a baby), sent her a message that made Bianca very emotional for the first time. Lola later appeared at the reunion, where she recited a poem to RuPaul about why she thought Bianca should win.
On Season 6 "Reunited", Bianca was crowned "America's Next Drag Superstar", the title which many fans predicted she would win. Her humor and unique style made her extremely popular among fans of the show, and in 2015, they voted Del Rio as their favorite winner from seasons 1 to 6 in a Logo TV poll.
AJ and the Queen Appearances (1/10)
On AJ and the Queen, she appeared in New York City, the series premiere of this Netflix Original in a cameo as an unnamed queen working at The Box, a drag club in the city that never sleeps. Her character also gave Ruby Red some fake eyelashes as a parting gift.
"Well, well, well! I hope you bitches are ready."
- "Not today Satan! Not today!"
- "I'm clown realness!"
- "If I wanted to come for you I'd come into your room at night and cut your wigs up."
- "Great, a drag queen who's early. That never fucking happens." (upon entrance)
- "Apply it!"
- "She doesn't even know how to execute couture, she can't even spell it!"
- "You can call me Jiggly." (to RuPaul)
- "Trinity reminds me of a dear friend of mine from New Orleans… she's dead." (referring to Trinity K. Bonet)
- "She looks like she walked into Claire's, fell on the accessories rack, and said 'I'll take it!'" (referring to Joslyn Fox)
- "I thought she was a fucking sword fish! She could flip pages in a book." (about Magnolia Crawford)
- "She's overthinking and she...she's thinking about a sandwich." (about Darienne Lake)
- "BALONEY!" (as Judge Judy on "Snatch Game")
- "Beauty fades, DUMB IS FOREVER!" (as Judge Judy on "Snatch Game")
- "Oh it's always my fault!"
- "In the show I never cried once but I'm not crying it's my fucking eyelash Gia jinxed me."
- "Rule #1: You gonna do a RuVeal, get out of the dress. We all know 'RuVeal' in French means 'Take the shit off'." (referring to Gia Gunn's reveal in her lipsync against Laganja Estranja)
- "Joslyn's drag daughter looks like that one girl gremlin. Remember that girl gremlin in the movie? Don't pour water on that gremlin because she will multiply!"
- "Ms. Darienne is turning it, because you know Ms. Darienne had this song on cassette when it came out."
- "I will show you versatility when Santino wins a sewing competition and Visage wears a fucking turtleneck!"
- "Wide and Sassy, that was my name in prison."
- "I've got a large dick, no credit and a tendency to take things that don't belong to me."
- "Now Jiggly you know we are very good friend's and I don't think I can read you *laughs*.....but I'll try!"
- "WE ARE DRAG QUEENS IN A DRAG QUEEN COMPETITION! THE ONLY THING WORSE IS FUCKING PRISON!"
- "Really bitch?"
- "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."
- "Well if you finally do get exposed, you better have something to show." (about Magnolia Crawford)
- "My mother insisted we stay true to our Spanish heritage so my first words are *knock knock* Housekeeping!"
- "Bring both eyes. I'm here, I'm right over here! Damn, Pearl Harbor must have did you in."
- "You've been filming this?" (in reaction to RuPaul asking if she was ready for the world to see her nice side)
- "Calm down, Beyoncé!" (referring to Trinity K. Bonet)
- "Need help packing? Beat it, queen!" (referring to Laganja Estranja)
- "Hope you're packed!" (to Milk)
- "Oh, you like that? I made that shit up today." (referring to her verse on "Oh No She Better Don't")
- "Let me ask you a fair question: What do you do successfully? Quickly!" (to Trinity K. Bonet)
- "ILLITERATE!" (to who wrote the comment "These jokes seem coming from a basic bitch" about Bianca)
- "Yeah same silhouette 19 fucking times and I won."
Season 6 Looks
- In 1993, Bianca (at age 17) won six awards for the "Snow Queen" costumes. She also made costumes for the "New Orleans Opera".
- Bianca started doing drag in 1996.
- She first started doing performances as Cher but a lot of drag queens were doing the same thing at that time, so decided to do comedy shows.
- She won "New Orleans Gay Entertainer of The Year" for 3 years before the show and a "NewNowNext" award after.
- Bianca along with her friend Matt Kugelman, raised enough money to fund their movie entitled "Hurricane Bianca". The cast includes Shangela, Willam, Alyssa Edwards, "SNL" star Rachel Dratch and Broadway star Alan Cumming. Cameos also include RuPaul as a weatherman and Joslyn Fox as a local bartending drag queen.
- Bianca is the only winner in the entire franchise to have never placed low or been up for elimination while on the show.
- Because of this, she has the best score in the Dusted or Busted Scoring System among all the queens who participated in the regular seasons, with an Overall Performance Score of 7.750. Overall, she has the second-best score right behind BenDeLaCreme on All Stars 3.
- She and Courtney Act are the first queens to both reach the finale together without ever being in the bottom 2.
- Del Rio voices a character named "Dina Saur" in the WOWPresents+ show "Drag Tots". She is the only winner to voice a character in the series.
- Bianca is the first winner to not compete in every episode of her original season. Because the premiere of Season 6 was split into two separate parts, Bianca didn't compete in the first episode.
- Jaida Essence Hall, the winner of Season 12, is the second to accomplish this, given that Season 12 also utilized a split, two-part premiere.
- Bianca was the one to announce her predecessor, Jinkx Monsoon, as the winner of Season 5 during the crowning.
- Bianca, Alaska and Chad Michaels appeared in the most seasons of all the winners, appearing on five seasons in total. Bianca first appeared on Season 6, second on Season 7, third on Season 8 , fourth on All Stars 2 and fifth on Season 10.
- Bianca is the most followed queen on Instagram, being the only one who surpassed 2 million followers. She's on the other hand the third most followed queen on Twitter, only outdone by Katya and Trixie Mattel.
- Coincidentally, she is the third winner in a row to sit at the top left chair in the Snatch Game, as both Sharon Needles and Jinkx Monsoon sat in the same spot before her.
- "Hot Mess" (2014) by Sherry Vine & Bianca Del Rio ft. The Glamazons
- "Oh No She Better Don't" by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 6 Cast
- In "Covergurlz" by RuPaul ft season 6 cast
- Bianca Del Rio's Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Bianca Del Rio on YouTube | IMDb | Wikipedia | Spotify
Bianca Del Rio
4th: Darienne Lake • 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Ms. Congeniality) • 6th Joslyn Fox • 7th: Trinity K. Bonet • 8th: Laganja Estranja • 9th: Milk • 10th: Gia Gunn • 11th: April Carrión • 12th: Vivacious • 13th & 14th: Magnolia Crawford & Kelly Mantle
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood