Brooke Lynn Hytes is the stage name of Brock Edward Hayhoe, a drag queen, performer, ballet dancer, the 2014 holder of the "Miss Continental" title as well as one of the Season 11 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she placed 2nd. She is also one of the permanent judges on Canada's Drag Race, alongside Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman and Stacey McKenzie on Season 1, and Amanda Brugel, Traci Melchor and Brad Goreski on Season 2.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Drag Name Origin
- 3 Track Record(s)
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Drag Family
- 7 Gallery
- 7.1 RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
- 7.2 RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 6
- 7.3 Canada's Drag Race Season 1
- 7.4 Canada's Drag Race Season 2
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Equal parts ballerina, showgirl, and 90’s supermodel, Brooke Lynn Hytes is drag perfection - personified.
The Toronto native, Brooke Lynn Hytes received her dance training at the National Ballet School of Canada and in 2008, she traveled worldwide performing as a principal ballerina with Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo - an all male drag ballet company. Brooke Lynn then set her sights on the world of drag, winning multiple Canadian pageants and in 2014, winning the coveted Miss Continental crown in the United States. The following year Brooke Lynn accepted a prestigious residency at Play Dance Bar in Nashville, Tennessee. Brooke Lynn was honored to be the first Canadian to appear on cultural phenomenon, RuPaul’s Drag Race. Throughout her time on the show, she became known for her polished runway looks and iconic lip sync performances on the main stage. Brooke Lynn finished as first runner-up of season eleven.
Not only has Hytes has cemented her place in history as being the first drag queen to be tweeted by Canada’s official Twitter account, she has also been featured on The Social, the Marilyn Denis Show, The Morning Show, ETalk, ET Canada, Vogue.Com, Refinery29, Metro UK, Paper Magazine, Huffington Post, Global News, CTV News, CBC, Toronto Star, Toronto Life, CP24, Now, Dance Magazine, Blog To, Billboard, MTV News and the cover of New York Magazine, to name a few.
Brooke Lynn has collaborated on content for brands such as Squarespace, Gillette, Fido, Bud Light, and Trojan, she has attended personal appearances for Lyft and MAC Cosmetics and has performed in iconic venues around the world. 2020 shows no sign of slowing down with Brooke Lynn being announced as a permanent judge on Canada’s drag race alongside supermodel Stacey McKenzie and star of Unreal and American Horror Story, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman.
Drag Name Origin
Brooke's name is a play on "Brooklyn Heights" and was given to her by her drag mother ,Farra N Hyte .Farra was inspired by Hytes' real name, Brock, her own surname, and the fact that her drag daughters, including Brooke, are tall.
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 1, 5, 11)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 2, 9, 11)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Eps. 8, 12)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
- "Never fear, the queen of the North is here." (Entrance Line)
- "I'm Canadian turkey bacon."
- "Not only did I survive the first elimination, I thrived the first elimination." *snaps fingers*
- "Scarlet is...delusional."
- "Hey, Papi!" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo)
- "Death drops terrify me."
- "Can't we just bottle our feelings like normal people?"
- "Oh, girl." (in response to Ra'Jah O'Hara not wanting to read Scarlet Envy's farewell message in Episode 7.)
- "We both safe, we both safe!" (referring to herself and Yvie Oddly after both were safe from elimination after their lip-sync)
- "YOU'RE NOT FUNNY!" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo during the Reading is Fundamental challenge in Episode 9.)
- "Plastique Tiara, I'm looking for a new apartment, how much are you charging for the vacant space between your ears?" (during the Reading is Fundamental challenge)
- "I'm a level 4 vegan. I eat nothing that casts a shadow, and I only eat things raw." (in "L.A.D.P")
- "I need to relax! MY ENERGY IS VERY TENSE RIGHT NOW!" (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "This is my lady garden and I am not ashamed!" (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "I'm about to make you my government property." (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "Don't you feel so free!" (while rolling on a police car in "L.A.D.P.")
- "Vanjie, we're going on vacation!"
- "Queen of the north, got one thing to say, I never liked double dutch, I didn't come to play. I stomp on the runway, hit the pose, double once across the floor, let these other hoes know, that I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Bitch, I'm on point, literally. Queens everywhere, jump to it pronto. House of Hytes, that's how you do it in Toronto! No doubt about it, the Queen of the North is here. Blame Canada bitches, eh! Do you validate parking?" (verse in Queens Everywhere)
- "No doubt aboot it now, the queen of the north is here, bitches!" (unaired crowning phrase)
Canada's Drag Race Season 1
- "Stay true, north, strong, and fierce."
- "Take it from moi, Drag Race is like a long, hard... relentless prairie winter."
- "It's about to rain loonies, bitches!"
- "Happy pride!"
- "You're fun!" (to BOA)
- "Bring back our loons." *loon call*
- "You might not be Canadian bacon, but you'll always be our Canadian Porkchop." (to Juice Boxx)
- "See you on the runway gurl." (to Rita Baga)
- "Mama's homo." (when entering the Werk Room)
- "Is it bad luck to wear sunglasses indoors? I wish I cared." (introducing the Reading Is Fundamental mini-challenge)
- "And if you bomb this show, they make you come back and host it."
- "Aahh, memories."
- "What's her name?" (announcing the winner of Canada's Drag Race Season 1)
Canada's Drag Race Season 2
- "That's the sexiest baked potato I've ever seen."
- Brooke is the first Canadian contestant in RuPaul's Drag Race.
- Brooke won the Miss Continental pageant in 2014, one year after she was first runner-up to Season 8 contestant Naysha Lopez.
- Brooke and Yvie Oddly are the seventh pair to lip sync against each other twice. The other pairs are BenDeLaCreme and Darienne Lake, Katya and Alaska, BenDeLaCreme and Shangela, Eureka and Aquaria, Eureka and Kameron Michaels, and Monique Heart and Trinity The Tuck.
- Before settling on Brooke Lynn Hytes, she has had three other drag names; Jackie D, Carmen and Bianca.
- Her favorite past-contestant is Roxxxy Andrews.
- Brooke was paired with Ongina for Season 11's first mini challenge, a photoshoot.
- Brooke and Sahara Davenport are the only two contestants to ever walk the runway, and lip sync while en pointe.
- Brooke and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo are the first-ever contestants to have a romance or "showmance" as referred to by some during the show.
- Brooke is the first contestant to win the first maxi challenge, the Ball Challenge and the Makeover Challenge in a single season.
- Brooke's favorite song to lip sync to is "Partition" by Beyoncé.
- Brooke is the sixth queen to win both the first and last Maxi Challenges, after Sharon Needles (Season 4), Violet Chachki (Season 7), Kim Chi (Season 8), Monique Heart (All Stars 4), and Trinity The Tuck (All Stars 4).
- Brooke is the first queen to become a judge on the franchise, as she is a judge on Canada's Drag Race.
- On September 29, 2019, she reached 1 million followers on Instagram.
- Brooke revealed on an interview that she would eventually be open to doing All Stars.
- Brooke has been part of two double-wins in lip syncs, a double shantay with Yvie Oddly in Season 11 and a tie with Ra'Jah O'Hara as a lip sync assassin in All Stars 6.
- Brooke's Lip Sync against Ra'Jah is the earliest instance of a double win in Allstars Herstory, happening in Episode 2.
- Brooke currently hosts the Moguls of Media pop culture podcast Famous This Week alongside Priyanka.
House of Hytes
|Farra N Hyte|
Heaven Lee Hytes
Anita H. Bisquette
Katherine Hytes Dior
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 6
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 6 Looks
Canada's Drag Race Season 1
Canada's Drag Race Season 1 Looks
Canada's Drag Race Season 2
Canada's Drag Race Season 2 Looks
|Runners-Up||2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd & 4th: A'keria C. Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|Other Queens||5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Kendall Gender & Pythia|
|Other Queens||4th: Gia Metric • 5th: Adriana • 6th: Kimora Amour • 7th: Synthia Kiss • 8th: Eve 6000 • 9th: Suki Doll (Miss Congeniality) • 10th: Stephanie Prince • 11th: Océane Aqua-Black • 12th: Beth|
|Judges||Amanda Brugel • Brad Goreski • Brooke Lynn Hytes • Traci Melchor|