Brooke Lynn Hytes is the stage name of Brock Hayhoe, a drag queen, performer, ballet dancer, the 2014 holder of the "Miss Continental" title as well as one of the Season 11 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she placed 2nd. She is also a permanent judge on Canada's Drag Race.
Before embarking on her drag career, Brooke was at Canada's National Ballet School. In 2013, she became "Derby City Entertainer of the Year", the 1st alternate for 2013 "Entertainer of the Year", the crowned "Miss Michigan Continental" and the 1st alternate for "Miss Continental" on nationals. By 2015, she was the reigning "Miss Continental" as well as "Miss Canada Ultimate", in addition to her 6 other titles at the time. After that, Brooke was offered a job at PLAY Dance Bar in Nashville, Tennessee until she had to leave to start filming for the 11th season of "RuPaul's Drag Race".
Brooke's name is a play on "Brooklyn Heights" and was given to her by her drag mother, Farra N. Hyte. Farra was inspired by Hytes' real name, Brock, her own surname, and the fact that her drag daughters, including Brooke, are tall.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Mini Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 2, 9, 11)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 1, 5, 11)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Eps. 8, 12)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
As a professional ballet dancer, much of Brooke's drag centres around dance, movement and the fact she's a prestigious multiple time pageant winner. Will she dazzle the judges with the same polish she brings to the dance floor?
"Never fear, the queen of the North is here."
- "I'm Canadian turkey bacon."
- "Not only did I survive the first elimination, I thrived the first elimination." *snaps fingers*
- "Scarlet is... delusional."
- "Hey, Papi!" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo)
- "Death drops terrify me."
- "Can't we just bottle our feelings like normal people?"
- "Oh, girl." (in response to Ra'Jah O'Hara not wanting to read Scarlet Envy's farewell message in Episode 7.)
- "We both safe, we both safe!" (referring to herself and Yvie Oddly after they both be safe from elimination)
- "YOU'RE NOT FUNNY!" (to Vanessa Vanjie Mateo during the Reading is Fundamental challenge in Episode 9.)
- "I'm a level 4 vegan. I eat nothing that casts a shadow, and I only eat things raw." (in "L.A.D.P")
- "This is my lady garden and I am not ashamed!" (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "I'm about to make you my government property." (in "L.A.D.P.")
- "Vanjie we're going on vacation!"
- Brooke Lynn Hytes is the first Canadian "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant.
- Hytes won the Miss Continental pageant in 2014, one year after she was first runner-up to Season 8 contestant Naysha Lopez.
- She has Swedish and French ancestry.
- She and Yvie Oddly are the seventh pair to lipsync against each other twice. The other pairs are BenDeLaCreme and Darienne Lake, Katya and Alaska, BenDeLaCreme and Shangela, Eureka and Aquaria, Eureka and Kameron Michaels and Monique Heart and Trinity The Tuck.
- She is the only contestant to have the most wins between the Top 2 and not win the season.
- She is the 2nd contestant to go on to win the 1st main challenge and be in the bottom of the second challenge (excluding "All Stars"), the first being Kim Chi on Season 8.
- Her favourite past-contestant is Roxxxy Andrews.
- She was paired with Ongina for Season 11's first mini-challenge, a photoshoot.
- She and Sahara Davenport are the only two contestants to ever walk the runway and lipsync while en pointe.
- She and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo are the first-ever contestants to have a romance or "showmance" as referred to by some, during the show.
- She is the first contestant to win the first maxi challenge, the ball challenge, and the makeover challenge in a single season.
- Her favourite song to lip-sync to is 'Partition' by Beyonce.
- She is the sixth queen to win both the first and last Maxi Challenges, after Sharon Needles (Season 4), Violet Chachki (Season 7), Kim Chi (Season 8), Monique Heart (All Stars 4), and Trinity The Tuck (All Stars 4)
- She was never placed "SAFE" on her season.
- She is the first and so far only queen to be eliminated fourteenth, due to Season 11 being the only season with 15 queens.
- She is the first queen to become a judge on the franchise.
- On September 29, 2019, she reached 1 million followers on Instagram.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|