"Miss Congeniality" is the title awarded to the queens who are regarded as the kindest, most helpful ones on their respective seasons. Prior to Season 10 the fans determined which queen won the title, but the queens now decide this amongst themselves.
Originally the winner of 'Miss Congeniality' was announced on the reunion special (Season 1-3), which would air after the grand finale. Starting in season 4, where the grand finale and the reunion were combined, the crowning of the season's 'Miss Congeniality' would take place right before the crowning of America's/Thailand's Next Drag Superstar. This continued for all season's other than season 9, as the season 8 winner, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, had competed on Season 9. She handed off the title at the Reunion Special the week before the Grand Finale.
All-Stars Seasons do not crown a 'Miss Congeniality as' none of the competing queens are new, and many Congeniality Winners compete on All-Stars.
Season 9's Miss Congeniality, Valentina, was dubbed to be a fan-favorite, rather than congenial by the other season 9 girls, as they felt she played up the role to the camera, but was not actually congenial with the rest of the girls during, and after the filming of the season. This 'Miss Congeniality versus Fan Favorite' controversy also brought up winners of previous seasons (mainly S2's Pandora Boxx, S6's BenDeLaCreme, and S7's Katya) as even though they were congenial, the fans felt that other queens in their seasons (Jessica Wild, Joslyn Fox, Jaidynn Diore Fierce, etc.) were more congenial, but the winners were more beloved by the fans and they felt that the queens were eliminated too early.
This made fans want a fan-favorite and congeniality divide, where FF was voted for by the fans and Congeniality was chosen by the other queens on the season.
Season 10's voting also sparked controversy, as the voting had been hacked by robots, which resulted in The Vixen, arguably the least-congenial queen of the season, taking the lead. The hacking was later resolved by the show, which, after the hacking, insisted the Season 10 Queens voted themselves. This also showed that the producers listened to the fans after last season's controversy and allowed the queens to choose their own 'Miss Congeniality'. The queens continued to choose Miss Congeniality after Season 10.
|Queen||Photo||Original Season||Place||Returning Season||Place|
|Nina Flowers||Season 1||2nd||All Stars 1||9th/10th|
|Pandora Boxx||Season 2||5th||11th/12th|
|Yara Sofia||Season 3||4th||5th/6th|
|Latrice Royale||Season 4||4th||7th/8th|
|All Stars 4||5th|
|Ivy Winters||Season 5||7th||N/A|
|BenDeLaCreme||Season 6||5th||All Stars 3||6th|
|Katya||Season 7||5th||All Stars 2||2nd/3rd|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Season 8||10th||Season 9||10th|
|Valentina||Season 9||7th||All Stars 4||7th|
|Monét X Change||Season 10||6th||All Stars 4||Winner|
|Nina West||Season 11||6th||N/A|
- Nina Flowers is the first ever "Miss Congeniality".
- Nina is also the first Hispanic "Miss Congeniality".
- She is the first of two "Miss Congeniality" winners named Nina, the other being Nina West.
- She is also the only "Miss Congeniality" who reached Top 3 (and Top 2) on her original season.
- She is therefore the highest placing "Miss Congeniality" on a regular season.
- Katya is the first returning "Miss Congeniality" to reach Top 3 in an all stars season.
- She is also the first "Miss Congeniality" to achieve a higher placement on her returning season.
- B Ella is the first Thai "Miss Congeniality".
- B Ella is the first Asian "Miss Congeniality" overall.
- Pandora Boxx is the first Caucasian "Miss Congeniality".
- Yara Sofia is the only "Miss Congeniality" to have the same amount of wins in both a regular and an All-Stars Season. (1 in both)
- Latrice Royale is the first "Miss Congeniality" of African-American descent.
- Latrice is also the first "big girl" to win the title.
- Ivy Winters and Nina West are the only "Miss Congeniality" winners not to feature on an All-Stars Season, or another regular season (yet).
- BenDeLaCreme is the only "Miss Congeniality" (and overall contestant) to never land in the bottom two during an All-Stars Season.
- BenDeLaCreme is the only "Miss Congeniality" whom had to lip-sync against the same person twice during a regular season.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine is widely believed to be the most congenial "Miss Congeniality".
- Katya is the only "Miss Congeniality" to have had a show on the WOW YouTube-channel.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine is the only "Miss Congeniality" to feature on two regular seasons.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine is the lowest placing "Miss Congeniality", landing in 10th place during Season 8.
- Cynthia also placed 10th in Season 9.
- Valentina admitted on the popular web series 'Hey Qween', that she won the "Miss Congeniality" vote because her fans want her to 'win something' at that time even claiming that Cynthia Lee Fontaine or Peppermint should have won the title instead.
- Monét X Change is the first "Miss Congeniality" to be voted on by fellow-competitors.
- She is also the only "Miss Congeniality" to win a season.
- She is the first "Miss Congeniality" who placed 6th in the competition.
- Many fans and critics consider Nina West to be the 'ultimate' Miss Congeniality winner, as not only was she the fan favorite to win the title, but unlike in some of the previous seasons the other queens were also in agreement that she deserved the title.
- Debra Men is the first ever "Miss Congeniality" of "La Más Draga"
- Other queens that came close to the title on their respective seasons include:
- Ongina (Season 1)
- Jessica Wild (Season 2)
- Stacy Layne Matthews (Season 3)
- Chad Michaels & Dida Ritz (Season 4)
- Jinkx Monsoon & Monica Beverly Hillz (Season 5)
- Joslyn Fox (Season 6)
- Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Season 7)
- Kim Chi (Season 8)
- Peppermint (Season 9)
- Dusty Ray Bottoms, Miz Cracker & Monique Heart (Season 10)
- Shuga Cain (Season 11)
All items (15)