Chad Michaels is a drag queen, performer and cosplayer most well known for her near-perfect impersonation of Cher, as well as being a Season 4 runner-up of RuPaul's Drag Race and the All Stars 1 winner.
After winning, Chad kept performing around the world, worked as a judge on the Cosplay National Championship and made cameos on TV sitcoms such as "Jane The Virgin" and "2 Broke Girls" as a Cher impersonator.
Because of the fact that she did an impersonation of Annie Lennox, and people said she looked like Brigitte Nielsen, Chad was formerly known as Brigitte Love. However, she never identified with a female name.
Michaels moved to Las Vegas in 1997 to work with La Cage and the show required each entertainer to be introduced at the end of the show by their male name. "Chad Michael" is her real first and middle name, so she added a "s" for good measure and more appealing to a larger market like "Chad Michaels as Cher".
RuPaul's Drag Race
During Season 4, Chad earned praise as a seasoned and well-polished queen. Many of her fellow contestants were completely in awe of her during the course of the season.
After performing in a music video for Glamazon, Chad faced off against contestants Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara for the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar" in a final runway walk and lip-sync. The three contestants were then informed that they would find out later who won the competition, but it was Sharon who won the competition.
All Stars 1
Chad Michaels was announced to be one of the 12 queens competing on All Stars 1. She and season one contestant Shannel picked each other as teammates, going under the team name "Shad". It has been revealed that Chad and Shannel have a relationship and friendship going back 15 years. Chad also revealed this season that for a long time, she and her father had a strained relationship, but have since been able to move on from it. Her father sent a heartfelt message to Chad during her tenure on All Stars. After 6 episodes, Chad was announced as the winner and inducted into the "Drag Race Hall of Fame".
"Morning bitches! Hi everybody, how y'all doing?"
All Stars 1
"Happy Hunger Games, bitches!"
- "I'm Cher, bitch!" (as Cher on Season 4's "Snatch Game")
- "Shy Sheila is so shy that I don't give a rat's ass, because this game, is boring the shit out of me! I'm a fucking Oscar winner!" (as Cher on Season 4's "Snatch Game")
- "ALLEGEDLY, ALLEGEDLY!" (as Cher on Season 4's "Snatch Game")
- "'Ho' I will never do that because she doesn't do that."
- "Show me one tape where Cher went 'ho' she never did that!"
- "Everything I've gone through in my life has been because of Cher...the people I've gotten to meet, the clothes on my back. I basically owe her everything."
- "YELLOW... RED!"
- "I'm a professional."
- "There is no excuse for someone looking shoddy!"
- "May the odds be ever in your favor, darling. Ever in your favor."
- "I'm a motherfucking assassin."
- "YES! YES!"
- "I know this is 'RuPaul's Drag Race', but damn!"
- ''I spread La Mer on my toast in the morning...I’m Cher BITCH!" (as Cher)
- "Ooh bitch..." (on AS3 first episode )
- "Jiggly, I love you darling, come here, I won’t hurt you. Here’s my dentist‘s card." (Reading Jiggly on Reading is Fundamental challenge)"
- Chad had a drag mother named Hunter.
- Morgan McMichaels (from Season 2) is Chad's drag daughter.
- She has the highest booking fee out of all contestants.
- Michaels is the first queen to win her season with being in the bottom 2 in the first episode. (All Stars 1)
- She is the oldest winner of the TV show franchise, at 49.
- Chad, Bianca Del Rio and Alaska appear in the most seasons of all the winners, appearing on 6 seasons in total. Chad 1st appeared on Season 4, 2nd on All Stars 1, 3rd on Season 8, 4th on All Stars 3 and 5th on Season 10, and 6th on All Stars 4.
- Chad was Shangela's first runner-up as California Entertainer of the Year in 2010.
- Chad is the first queen to lip-sync in episode one, survive, and never lip-sync for your life afterwards. (All Stars 1)
- Her along with Shannel in Team Shad are the only queens to have won three challenges in a row.
- Chad is the first caucasian queen to win Snatch game, during Season 4.
Season 4 Looks
All Stars 1 Looks
- "Tragic Girl" (2013) by Liquid360 & Chad Michaels
2nd & 3rd: Chad Michaels & Phi Phi O'Hara
4th: Latrice Royale (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Kenya Michaels • 6th: Dida Ritz • 7th: Willam • 8th: Jiggly Caliente • 9th: Milan • 10th: Madame LaQueer • 11th: The Princess • 12th: Lashauwn Beyond • 13th: Alisa Summers
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales