Drag Name Origin
In a Q&A session on Drag Race UK Twitter, Cherry answered a question from a fan who asked her how she came up with her drag name. Cherry replied that she was inspired by a cherry-scented bath wash she used when showering, and because she loves her grandmother who likes drinking sherry (cause it sounds like cherry). As for 'Valentine', it was because she loves Valentines Day and love.
|Seasons Competed:||UK Season 2|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 2|
RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 2
- "Oh my God!" (when her headpiece fell off during her werkroom entrance)
- "Roses are red and violets are blue. Here's your winner of season two." (entrance quote)
- "The one thing I do know about tennis is how much people grunt, and I'm a squealer."
- "It is absolute pandemonium. People are trying to find a workspace, and I want a good workspace. I'll trample a bitch."
- "I feel robbed" (after being eliminated)
- "Oh rats!" (exit quote)
"Always remember Love yourself first. Can't wait to pop your cherries again! Hate. C♡"
- Cherry was one of the contestants who were leaked by Michelle Visage before the cast reveal.
- Cherry is a qualified Mental Health Nurse and worked as an essential worker during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cherry revealed that she would have played Gillian McKeith or Nikki Grahame on Snatch Game.
- Cherry's headpiece fell off when she entered the Werk Room for the first time, causing her to have to redo her entrance.
- Cherry is the second queen of Romani descent to compete on any series of the Drag Race franchise, the first being The Vivienne.
- However, she is the first to mention her heritage on the show.
- Cherry and Patty Pam-Pam from Season 1 of Drag Race Holland both presented a Freddie Mercury inspired look on their first episode, placed safe, and got eliminated on the next episode.
- Cherry is the first queen on RuPaul's Drag Race UK to be eliminated on the Rusical Challenge.
- Cherry got 0 votes on RuPaul's Drag Race UK (Season 2) to return to competition on episode 5. Joe Black had returned to competition as Asttina Mandella and Cherry Valentine did not return.
- Cherry is the seventh Drag Race contestant to have never competed in a sewing challenge, after Jaymes Mansfield from Season 9, Gothy Kendoll and Scaredy Kat from Season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Dahlia Sin from Season 12, and Joe Black from Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race UK. She was followed by Kahmora Hall from Season 13.
- Cherry voted for Ginny Lemon to be Series 2's Miss Congeniality.
- Cherry is the fourth Drag Race contestant to place last but not be the first eliminated, after Dax ExclamationPoint and Laila McQueen in Season 8 and Thorgy Thor in All Stars 3. However, she is the first queen from the UK version to be eliminated but not be eliminated first.
UK Season 2 Looks
- RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 2, as contestant, placed 12th. (2021)
Singles and EPs
|by The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Season 2|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Bimini Bon-Boulash (Miss Congeniality) & Tayce • 4th: Ellie Diamond|
|Other Queens||5th: A'Whora • 6th: Sister Sister • 7th: Tia Kofi • 8th: Joe Black • 9th: Veronica Green (Departed) • 10th: Ginny Lemon (Quit) • 11th: Asttina Mandella • 12th: Cherry Valentine|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Alan Carr • Graham Norton|
|Brit Crew||Ashraf Ejjabair • Bass Eniafe • Tony Fordham|