Drag Name Origin
In a Q&A session on Drag Race UK twitter, Cherry answered a question from a fan who asked her how she came up with her drag name. Cherry replied that she was inspired by a cherry-scented bath wash she used when showering, and because she loves her grandmother who likes drinking sherry (cause it sounds like cherry). As for 'Valentine', it was because she loves Valentines Day and love.
|Seasons Competed:||UK Season 2|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 2|
UK Season 2
- "Oh my God!" (when her headpiece fell off during her werkroom entrance)
- "Roses are red and violets are blue. Here's your winner of season two." (entrance quote)
- *hysterical laugh*
- "The one thing I do know about tennis is how much people grunt, and I'm a squealer."
- "It is absolute pandemonium. People are trying to find a workspace, and I want a good workspace. I'll trample a bitch."
- "Yeah. Bitch." (about Bimini Bon Boulash)
- "I feel robbed" (after being eliminated)
- "Oh rats!" (exit quote)
- "That's exciting, give me shivers." (In Meet the Queens)
- "Everyday is valentines day" (Their PopBuzz 'Drag Race Yearbook' Quote.)
"Always remember Love yourself first. Can't wait to pop your cherries again! Hate. C♡"
- Cherry was one of the contestants who were leaked by Michelle Visage before the cast reveal.
- Cherry is a qualified Mental Health Nurse and worked as an essential worker during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cherry revealed that she would have played Gillian McKeith or Nikki Grahame on Snatch Game.
- Cherry's headpiece fell off when she entered the Werk Room for the first time, causing her to have to redo her entrance.
- Cherry is the first queen of Romani descent to compete on any series of the Drag Race franchise.
- Cherry and Patty Pam-Pam share similarities:
- They both showcased a Freddie Mercury inspired look for their first runway walk and placed safe.
- They both got eliminated in the second episode.
- Cherry is the first UK queen to be eliminated on the Rusical challenge.
- Cherry is the seventh RuPaul's Drag Race contestant to have never competed in a sewing challenge, after Jaymes Mansfield on US Season 9, Gothy Kendoll & Scaredy Kat on UK Season 1, Dahlia Sin on US Season 12, and Joe Black on UK Season 2.
- Cherry thinks Ginny Lemon is the Miss Congeniality of Season 2.
- In the 7 month filming gap Cherry Valentine appeared in Rich T Events "Thru The Queer Hole" Digital Drag Show alongside her Season 2 sisters: Bimini Bon Boulash, Sister Sister, Tia Kofi and Ginny Lemon.
- However she is the only member of this group who returned for Part 2 of the same show.
- Cherry is the fourth queen to place last overall in her season to have not been the first queen eliminated, due to the season's first eliminated queen (Joe Black) later returning to the competition. The other three are Dax ExclamationPoint and Laila McQueen on Season 8 (Naysha Lopez was eliminated first and returned following Dax and Laila's double elimination), and Thorgy Thor on All Stars 3 (Morgan McMichaels was eliminated first and was brought back over the other eliminated queens by BenDeLaCreme).
- Cherry is the only one of the three previously eliminated queens in Season 2 to not receive a single vote from the remaining queens to return to the competition.
- Cherry's debut single 'Aesthetic' was first released to streaming services on the 15th of April 2021.
UK Season 2 Looks
- RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 2, as contestant, placed 12th. (2021)
- "Aesthetic" (2021)
|2nd & 3rd: Bimini Bon-Boulash (Miss Congeniality) & Tayce • 4th: Ellie Diamond|
|5th: A'Whora • 6th: Sister Sister • 7th: Tia Kofi • 8th: Joe Black • 9th: Veronica Green (Departed) • 10th: Ginny Lemon (Quit) • 11th: Asttina Mandella • 12th: Cherry Valentine|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Alan Carr • Graham Norton|
|Ashraf Ejjabair • Bass Eniafe • Tony Fordham|