In January 2018, Chi Chi returned to compete on All Stars 3. She was eliminated on Episode 4 and placed 8th overall.
Zavion passed away on August 20, 2020 from complications of scleroderma-related pneumonia.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8||All Stars 3|
|Ranking:||4th Place||8th Place|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 2, 8)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 4, 7)||3 (Eps. 1, 3, 4)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 9||Episode 4|
During the finale, she was made an official Dreamgirl by Jennifer Holliday. Her lip-sync to "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" recieved widespread acclaim from fans of the show.
In Season 8, she was eliminated on Episode 9, placing 4th.
"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
All Stars 3
"Wake up, wake up, wake up! This ain't no dream! I'm baaaaack, the bayou queen."
- "My name is Chi Chi DeVayne, and I don't get ready, I stay ready. *finger snap*"
- "Here comes a little country queen with dreams of ruling the world. She is your dream, girl."
- "Creole fish!"
- "I'm such a top."
- "I'm a cheap queen."
- "If you ain't stepping that pussy up, your ass is going home."
- "This is some bullllshit."
- "And in that same pot, there'll be chitlins boiling for all!"
- "What the fuck?"
- "She LICKS the house down...and speaking of lick, it's time for my bath...*starts licking her leg*" (As Eartha Kitt during Snatch Game)
- "Well, I'm sorry Gi-gi, but I said BIG, FURRY BALLS."
- "Honey, get your mind out of the gutter."
- "♪You may be shaped like a bumblebee, but you're beautiful girl! Just love your body!♪" (During the New Wave Performance)
- "♪I'm straight to the point and I'm sharp as a knife!♪"
- "I was told to step my drag up and that's what I wanted to do."
- "The lesson in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz for Dorothy is that she is searching for something she already has, so maybe I have everything I need, and I'm a real life Dorothy."
- "It doesn't matter where you're from, that has nothing to do with how far you can go. Never be ashamed of how you walk, talk, because that is going to be the key to your success."
- "Thorgy Thor. Girl, I love you so much, I don't' know whether to give you a hug or put some change in a cup." (During Season 8's Reading Challenge)
- "Bob The Drag Queen. You may be from New York honey, but those feet are still from Mississippi."
- "I know what I'd do...walk to the club purse first, BAM!. Walk to the club purse first, BAM!. New York, baby!" (As Bob The Drag Queen during the Puppet Challenge)
- "Not only have you guys taught me how to be a better entertainer, but you have taught me how to be a better person, and $100,000 cannot buy that."
- "Y'all girls better get ready, cuz I'm ready. I told ya I stay ready. My mama ready!"
- "Miss Thorgy Thor. Girl, what the fuck you got on your head? Christmas with the Kranks, honey" (During All Stars 3's Reading Challenge)
- "Shangela, Halleloo. The only queen I know that can make epilepsy on stage look good."
- "Kennedy Davenport. Kennedy... Kennedy, I'm over here...I'm over here. Girl, that one eye confuses me, girl."
- "Big and Milky. Just like the drink, you give me the shits."
- "Turd city."
- "How you spell Maya?"
- "So I get to go overseas?" (after winning a trip to New England)
- "I love limos!" (during the Bitchelor)
- "Wanna have mah babies?" (during the Bitchelor)
- "Face Crack!" (After Aja’s Talent Show performance)
- “Oh, you didn't know? It hangs to the floor. Got it snatched back tight so you can't see it. It's a big ol' thang, you know what I mean. Gaggin' all the kids with my secret.” (verse in Sitting on a Secret)
- "I know that Trixie's stomach has fallen out of her ass!" (During Trixie's confrontation with Shangela over a post-it note that said "fuck this shady bitch shangela")
Zavion Davenport had been living with Scleroderma. Scleroderma is a rare, potentially life-threatening autoimmune disease that causes the immune system to attack itself. Organs that are damaged the most include the blood vessels, muscles and tendons. Chi Chi had disclosed after the diagnosis that her mobility was more limited and she couldn't split anymore.
In July 2020, Zavion Davenport was admitted into the hospital with suspected kidney failure and was put on dialysis, but was discharged days later. On August 16th, 2020, Zavion was admitted into the hospital again, battling pneunomia. Many queens and judges publicly posted Zavion's PayPal to help pay his medical bills. However, on August 20th of that year, Zavion Davenport passed away at age 34.
In response to her death, RuPaul said: "I am heartbroken to learn of the passing of Chi Chi DeVayne. I am so grateful that we got to experience her kind and beautiful soul. She will be dearly missed, but never forgotten. May her generous and loving spirit shine down on us all. On behalf of VH1, World of Wonder and the cast and crew of RuPaul's Drag Race, I extend my deepest sympathy - from our family to hers." On August 22nd, 2020, the RuPaul's Drag Race YouTube channel posted Chi Chi's two lip syncs, Call Me and And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going with the title "Remembering Chi Chi DeVayne". The premiere episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Vegas Revue was dedicated to Chi Chi. RuPaul also dedicated her win at the 2020 Creative Arts Emmys to Chi Chi.
Memorials and contributions to the family to help with expenses can be sent via Cashapp: $AlberteenD
On Season 13's Grand Final, a special segment was dedicated to her, with several close alumni talking positively about their past experiences with Chi Chi. This was followed by a moment of silence, which was abruptly interrupted by an ad break only seconds later.
- Chi Chi's original drag mother was Kourtni DeVayne, who passed away in 2008. She was then adopted by Ladi Phat Kat.
- Chi Chi was the 99th queen to walk into the Werk Room.
- Chi Chi wore trash bags for both her entrance in Season 8 and All Stars.
- Chi Chi had three jobs before starting Drag Race: washing cars, and checking out groceries.
- Chi Chi could speak Cajun French, as heard in her entrance quote.
- Chi Chi is the second Drag Race contestant to pass away (after Season 2 contestant Sahara Davenport).
- Chi Chi was the first queen to get a "Shoot" on Fashion Photo Ruview, for her Book Couture look.
- After her death, World of Wonder released a new version of the "The Realness" music video, featuring restored segments of Chi Chi, which were originally edited out following her elimination on Season 8.
- Chi Chi is the only contestant to be sent home by multiple queens twice.
- Chi Chi and Kennedy Davenport are the first pair of queens to be in the same drag family and compete against each other on the same season. (Followed by Tamisha Iman & LaLa Ri on Season 13, then Art Simone and Jojo Zaho on Season 1 of Down Under.)
- Chi Chi was, and is by far, the only queen on Drag Race to have had scleroderma.
- Chi Chi was the second African-American on Drag Race to pass away, following Sahara Davenport.
Season 8 Looks
All Stars 3 Looks
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|