Courtney Act is the stage name of Shane Jenek, a drag queen, performer, music artist, one of the "Wigs by Vanity" owners and The Bi Life TV show hostess, known for being a contestant on Season 1 of Australian Idol and Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race, as well as the Season 21 winner of Celebrity Big Brother UK, and the runner-up of Dancing with The Stars Australia.
Courtney Act born in Brisbane, Australia to Gill Jenek and Annette Jenek and grew up with 2 siblings. She attended Sandgate District High School and later moved to Sydney, Australia at the age of 18. Initially, Act had went to audition for theatre schools but found herself in a year-long contract with Nickelodeon as a movie night host. After the contract expired, she started selling candy as a drag queen at nightclubs to make money.
In 2003, Courtney (as Shane Jenek) auditioned for the 1st season of "Australian Idol" without much success. She came back the next day and auditioned again (as Courtney Act) and made it through to the next rounds. She was considered to be "strangely, the sexiest woman on the show". She became a semi-finalist and was the third singer of the competition to release a solo single, "Rub Me Wrong".
In December 2013, Logo TV announced that Courtney Act was amongst 14 drag queens who would be competing in the 6th season of "RuPaul's Drag Race". Doing so, she ended as a runner-up.
In February 2018, she was announced as the Season 21 winner of "Celebrity Big Brother UK". In April 2019, she was announced as the runner-up on Season 16 of the Australian edition of "Dancing with the Stars".
"Courtney Act" is a play on "caught in the act", as pronounced in a non-rhotic accent like Australian English.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 6|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 4, 9)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||0|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
In the beginning Season 6, Courtney was criticized by RuPaul, who told her to "turn it up" since she was "resting on pretty", a comment on which Act felt offended by since she considered other contestants in the competition to be "resting on ugly". However, since this happened, she improved a lot and won 2 main-challenges (on Episodes 4 and 9).
Act, alongside fellow contestant Bianca Del Rio, went on to place in the Top 3 without ever placing in the Bottom 2 on any episode. This was the 1st time two contestants have accomplished this during the same season. Although she didn't win the competition, she did place as a runner-up with fellow contestant Adore Delano, who coincidentally was a "American Idol" contestant.
"Is this America's next top model? No? Sorry..." *leaves room but runs back in* "Just kidding!"
- "Courtney knows how to do sexy."
- "I don't do dairy, but for Milk I'll make an exception."
- "Courtney... The first time, every time."
- "My voice is really high I could be lying?"
- "I can look good, I can sing good, I can dance well."
- "Sewing is not my forte but... everything else is."
- "I can look like Linda, and walk like Naomi, get messed up like Kate, and you don't even know me. Looking like this is a goddamn stunt. All you other bitches better lick my...foot." (Verse in Oh No She Betta Don't)
- "Well, everyone is resting on ugly, why can't I rely on being pretty?"
- "In her own unique way, so no." (answering if she thought Bianca Del Rio was pretty)
- "I wanna see this on BLOGS, I wanna see this on FACEBOOK, ain't nobody gonna top this." (referring to her "animal kingdom" runway look on Season 6)
- "Now I'm ready for anything!" (On Australian Idol, 2003)
- "Both of the girls, on the same beat of the song, not looking at eachother JUMP into the splits and hit the floor. It is SO good." (referring to Joslyn Fox and Laganja Estranja when they do the double splits in their lipsyncs)
- "Trinity is lipsyncing the house down boots. I don't know what that means but shes doing it." (Referring to Trinity K Bonet's lipsync against April Carrion)
- Courtney is a part of "The AAA Girls", a musical group with Alaska and Willam. Together, they appeared in the music video for "Power" by Little Mix.
- Courtney is 5' 9" (1,75 m) tall.
- She is pansexual and genderfluid.
- She is vegan and loves to eat Vegemite. When she has to wake up really early for an event/interview, keeps 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate beside her bed to motivate her to get up.
- She and Bianca Del Rio are the first, and currently only, winner and runner-up pairing, neither of whom VCR by book bon had to lip-sync for their life.
- Courtney is the third runner-up who never placed in the bottom two, following Nina Flowers, and Alaska. She would be followed by Kim Chi and Gigi Goode.
- She is currently the only runner-up who never placed in the bottom 2, to lose to a winner who also didn't place in the bottom 2.
- She once appeared on episode 52 of UNHhhh hosted by Katya Zamolodchikova and Trixie Mattel.
- In 2018, she was declared the Winner of the 21st season of "Celebrity Big Brother UK".
- In 2019, she competed on the 16th season of "Dancing With The Stars Australia" where she finished as a Runner-Up.
- In 2019, she competed in Eurovision - Australia Decides, Australia's national selection competition for the Eurovision Song Contest, her single Fight for Love was shortlisted as part of the top ten but ultimately placed 4th.
- In 2020, she made her West End debut in the show: "Death Drop", playing the role of Shazza.
- In 2021, she started hosting a podcast with fellow drag queen Vanity Faire called "Brenda, Call Me".
- Courtney is the first queen to walk down the runway with articulated wings.
House of Tickle/Haus of Blades/Haus of Ice/House of Humanity
Bertha the Beast
|Miss Geena||Kita Mean||Anita Wigl'it|
Sabrina Mae Blady
|Medulla Oblongata||Elektra Shock|
Svetlana Squashed Banana
Season 6 Looks
- "Rub Me Wrong" (2004) (Tracklist: 1. Rub Me Wrong. 2. Rub Me Wrong (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Radio Edit) 3. You Shook Me All Night Long)
- "Welcome to Disgraceland" (2010) (Tracklist: 1. Welcome to Disgraceland (Radio Edit). 2. Welcome to Disgraceland (Extended Mix). 3. 10,000 miles to Disgraceland (starfuckers 5AM mix).)
- "Kaleidoscope" (2015) (Tracklist: 1. Kaleidoscope 2. Ecstasy 3. Ugly 4. Body Parts 5. Boys Like Me 6. Inhale)
- Kaleidoscope( Rexmixes) (2016) (Tracklist: 1. Kaleidoscope. 2. Kaleidoscope (Acoustic Version). 3. Kaleidoscope (Tanner Derby Remix). 4. Kaliedoscope (Dirty Pop Remix). 5. Kaleidoscope (Jodie Harsh Remix).)
- "Drop of Fluid" (2020) (Tracklist: 1. One Tonight. 2. Heteroflexible. 3. Fluid)
- "Rub Me Wrong" (2004)
- "Welcome to Disgraceland" (2010)
- "To Russia with Love" (2014)
- "Mean Gays" (2014)
- "Ectasy" (2015)
- "From Head to Mistletoe" (2015)
- "Wigs by Vanity Jingle" with Vanity Faire (2016)
- "Stayin' Alive" (2016)
- Chandelier/Diamonds/Titanium (2016)
- "Illuminate" (2017)
- "Fight for Love" (2018)
- "Brenda, Call Me" with Vanity Faire (2021)
The AAA Girls' Albums
- "Acess All Areas" (2018) (Tracklist: 1. AAA 2. A Lacefront Like This 3. Dear Uber Driver 4. Pride or Die 5. Heather? ft. Stacy Layne Matthews 6. Tuck Tape 7. When The Water Runs Clear 8. Meet & Greet)
The AAA Girls' Singles
- "American Apparel Ad Girls" (2014)
- "Dear Santa, Bring Me A Man" (2014)
- "Christmas Sweater" (2015)
- "Downton Abbey... Snore" (2013) by Jimmy Ray Bennett, Stephen Guarino & Jeff Hiller ft. Willam, Vicky Vox & Courtney Act
- "Oh No, She Better Don't" (2014) by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 6 Cast
- "American Apparel Ad Girls" (2014) by Willam ft. Alaska & Courtney Act
- "The Shade of It All" (2015) by Alaska ft. Courtney Act & Willam
- "Dance Again" (2017) by Bielfield ft. Courtney Act
- Courtney Act's Site | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Courtney Act on YouTube | iTunes | IMDb | Wikipedia | Spotify
2nd & 3rd: Adore Delano & Courtney Act
4th: Darienne Lake • 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Miss Congeniality) • 6th Joslyn Fox • 7th: Trinity K. Bonet • 8th: Laganja Estranja • 9th: Milk • 10th: Gia Gunn • 11th: April Carrión • 12th: Vivacious • 13th & 14th: Kelly Mantle & Magnolia Crawford
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood