Crystal Methyd, sometimes known as Crystal Elizabeth Methyd is the stage name of Cody Harness, a Springfield drag queen, performer, makeup artist, and one of the runners-up of Season 12 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
"I loved the name 'Crystal' whenever I first started I was just gonna pick Crystal cause I like the name and it was kinda like witchy, and my friend was actually the one who gave me the idea for 'Methyd' and I was like I'll spell it with a 'y' so it's more womanly." 
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 11)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 12)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 14|
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12
- "Who's ready to party and play? Checkers anyone?" (entrance quote)
- "I'm Crystal Methyd and I'm a little devil that likes to raise hell in the Bible Belt."
- Crystal: "I'm known as the dancing diva." Producer: "Is that true?" Crystal: "No." *laughs*
- "♪ I'm that bitch, don't you know, that you'll never be. Missouri girl ready for the world to love me! I'm here to take the crown (Bow down!), and make my momma proud (Hi mom!). Some say I'm weird, but they're just lame. Go fix your mug, we're not the same. My looks are flawless and yeah, I'm so dusted, I'll have you all screaming "Crystal Methyd"! ♪" (verse in "I'm That Bitch")
- "I don't know who that is, no?" (to RuPaul after he compared her hair to El DeBarge)
- "Ummm, no?"
- "I'm excited to see what people do, I'm also excited to see people fail."
- "I've got cute little glasses on that I make sure to take off and give Michelle a wink so that she can see my new makeup!"
- "With my makeup being so light, I definitely feel like an actual woman."
- "She's always wearing the most amount of accessories and I really appreciate that in a woman."
- "Uhm, 'You're the winner of this week's challenge'." (in response to Ru)
- "Well, I’ve been into death metal lately." (as Poppy in Snatch Game)
- "Own it baby! My husband is Harry Hamilton or something!" (on Jackie Cox's Snatch Game)
- "♪ I’M ALIVE!!! AAA-OOO-AAA-OOO-AAA-OOOOO!!! ♪" (whilst recording her vocals for the Madonna Rusical)
- "I need just a table that we can do science on." (while filming her Droop ad)
- "Make America glitter again!"
- "Hi everyone, it's me."
- "I even taught Betty White how to do the jerk!" (during her One Woman Show)
- "Jackie is meeping? I don-she's like *makes noise* And it's making me really uncomfortable."
- "I don't think anyone with my rap style would be a rapper."
- "Exotic dancer, yeah, don't cheapen it," (to Jackie Cox)
- ♪ "Crawled up from the bottom, now I've made it to the top! Draw on a big smile, add glitter to make it pop. Let your hair down, swing it around! It's okay to cry, trust in yourself and fly!" ♪ (verse in "Losing is the New Winning")
- "Jan, can I borrow a condom? I know you're always safe." (in the Reading Challenge at the Reunion)
- She goes by any pronouns.
- She is half Mexican on her mother's side.
- She moved to Missouri when she was five years old.
- Although she doesn't speak it, she understands Spanish.
- She came out to her parents in her early twenties, a couple of years before she started drag.
- She attended Missouri State University.
- As a boy, Crystal once went by the name "Michael Cody Scott", which is a reference to Michael Gary Scott, a character from The Office.
- She started doing drag in the summer of 2015.
- She was a vegetarian, but is currently non-practicing.
- She loves accessories and often over accessorizes on purpose.
- She previously worked in a bowling alley.
- She also auditioned for Season 11.
- She and her fellow Season 12 queen Widow Von'Du are the second and third queens from the state of Missouri to compete on Drag Race, after Monique Heart.
- She hosts her own party, on the final Saturday of every month, at The Outland Ballroom in Springfield called "Get Dusted" with her drag family.
- The Get Dusted family consists of Crystal, Daegen Michelle, Season 14's Daya Betty, and Lux.
- They have released three movies online entitled "Get Dusted: the Movie." Crystal's fellow season 12 castmates Aiden Zhane and Gigi Goode have appeared in them, with Aiden appearing in the second, and appearing in the third was Gigi, along with her drag family The House Of Avalon, which includes Season 13 contestant Symone.
- She also hosts a drag bingo on select Wednesdays at The Golden Girl Rum Club called Flabingo, and also a drag brunch on select Sundays at Cellar & Plate.
- She is the second queen to be named "Crystal" in the franchise, but the first in the American branch of the show.
- Crystal has a tattoo on her chest that says "One Direction" in Arabic.
- It is constantly noted throughout Season 12 by RuPaul that Crystal resembles El DeBarge because of her mullet.
- The show also acquired the licensing to play Rhythm of the Night whenever Ru brought it up.
- Ru even suggested that she should play him for Snatch Game, despite Crystal not knowing much about him at the time.
- There have also been rumors and jokes circulating around the fandom that Ru has a crush on Crystal, based on his obsession with her mullet.
- This was referenced in Season 14 when Daya Betty spoke about her relation to Crystal during Episode 2.
- She was the only contestant who placed in the top in the Madonna Rusical, to not place in the bottom for the following episode, "Droop."
- There have been rumors about Crystal dating her fellow castmate Gigi Goode. Gigi and Crystal like to troll fans online about them being in a relationship.
- However, the rumors are false, since Crystal confirmed in a video that she has a boyfriend, and Gigi was in LA and Crystal was in Missouri at the time.
- She is tied with Miz Cracker and Yara Sofia, for the longest episode stretch before winning their first challenge, on their tenth episode competing.
- Crystal is tied for the longest run before her first time in the bottom 2, competing in 11 episodes.
- Gigi Goode gave Crystal the middle name "Elizabeth," which Crystal now uses on her Twitter profile.
- She is the third queen to make it to the finale of a regular season after placing in the bottom on the first elimination episode, following Rebecca Glasscock on Season 1 and Naomi Smalls on Season 8.
- Crystal's Season 12 track record was very similar to Miz Cracker's in Season 10:
- They both placed low in two episodes, high in four, safe in three, won a challenge in the penultimate competing episode and ended up for the first time in the bottom 2 in the last competing episode.
- Miz Cracker did not survive that lip sync and placed 5th overall, whereas Crystal won her lip sync and went on to place as a runner-up.
- Crystal is the sixth queen to place in the top at least five times consecutively, after Raven, Jinkx Monsoon, Katya, Brooke Lynn Hytes, and Yvie Oddly.
- Like all except Raven, she ended her consecutive run by placing in the Bottom 2.
- Crystal has stated in an interview that she is willing to return to All Stars.
- Crystal is the drag sister of Season 14 contestant, Daya Betty.
Season 12 Looks
YouTube & Makeup Tutorials
- (2020) RuPaul's Drag Race, on Season 12
- (2020) RuPaul's Drag Race Untucked, on Season 12
- (2020) "Im That Bitch" by RuPaul ft. RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 Cast
- (2020) "I Made It/ Mirror Song/ Losing is the New Winning (Las Vegas Live Medley)" by RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 Cast
|Winner||Jaida Essence Hall|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Crystal Methyd & Gigi Goode|
|Other Queens||4th: Sherry Pie (Disqualified) • 5th: Jackie Cox • 6th: Heidi N Closet (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Widow Von'Du • 8th: Jan • 9th: Brita • 10th: Aiden Zhane • 11th: Nicky Doll • 12th: Rock M. Sakura • 13th: Dahlia Sin|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|