Cynthia returned to the competition on the second episode of Season 9 as the "fourteenth queen" of the season and finished in tenth place.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8||Season 9|
|Ranking:|| 10th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 2)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 2)||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times Placed High||0||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||0|
|Times Placed Low||0||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 3)||2 (Eps. 5, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 3||Episode 6|
Cynthia entered the competition as the surprise 14th queen in episode two, "She Done Already Done Brought It On" . At the beginning of the episode, she was assigned team captain to the "B-52 Bombers". She performed well in the challenge, and was praised by the other queens in Untucked! for being so kind.
In episode five "Reality Stars: The Musical", Cynthia was assigned the role of Kim Kardashian in "Kardashian: The Musical". She forgot the words to her part, which landed her in the bottom two against Farrah Moan. After the lip-sync, Eureka was sent home instead due to an injury sustained in the cheer challenge, and Cynthia and Farrah were both declared safe.
In episode six "Snatch Game": Cynthia chose to impersonate Sofia Vergara. Her impression was poor and she was criticised for her makeup on the runway (which Michelle thought looked like a moustache). Cynthia therefore landed in the bottom two against Peppermint, and lost. Cynthia was thanked by Ru for returning and the other queens came and hugged her as she sashayed away again.
- "How you doin' mis amores? Do you want to see my cucu?" (Season 8 entrance)
- "I'm as sexy as a goddesses and as funny as a clown"
- "I'm from Puerto Rico, but I live in Austin, Texas yaaawl!"
- "I think Acid Berry..."
- "Technical problems by "
- "GPS signal lost"
- "I'm a strong gay woman!"
- *Puerto Rican frog whistle noises*
- "I thought it was funny"
- "My heart is falling out of my cucu."
- "Naysha is always giving like sexy J-Lo boomshell."
- RuPaul: "All rise for Supreme Court Justice Cynthia Lee Fontaine aka Cucu Freedom. She made herstory with her landmark verdict of legalizing sex. Really, Judge?" Cynthia: "I think it was funny."
- "How you doin' mis amores? Are you ready to see my cucu, AGAIN?" (Season 9 entrance)
- "I have a cucu, but you have a CUCU, girl." (to Kimora Blac)
- "My cucu is fantastic gurl."
- "I'm intolerant lactose." (to Charlie Hides)
- "CHARLIE LET'S GO!"
- "Come on English lessons!" (to Kimora Blac)
- "Be careful with your back mi amore, I have like 75 dead bodies in that suitcase."
- "Bye Werk Room, maybe you'll see me again!"
- "Bye Untucked!"
- "Bye LA!"
- "Bye Studio!"
- "Hashtag justice for cucu!"
- "Did my teeths look yellow?"
- "Naysha left this competition too sooner."
- "Later mis amores! Cucu!" (upon elimination)
- "A moment of silence for this chair, it passed away, it had beautiful cucu sitting here for makeup, shade, tea, and more. For this chair, on behalf of Season 9, our condolencences." (after Eureka broke a chair in Untucked)
- She has the same boy first name as Madame LaQueer and the same boy last name as Alisa Summers, two queens from Season 4.
- Her drag mothers are Kayra Lee and Kathy La Fontaine.
- She mispronounced Acid Betty's name as 'Acid Berry' for two episodes.
- She was diagnosed with stage one liver cancer shortly after filming Season 8, and eventually was in remission. Acid Betty visited her several times whilst she was undergoing treatment.
- She is the lowest ranking American queen to win Miss Congeniality, at 10th place. She is second lowest in the franchise after Maya B'Haro in Drag Race Thailand placed 11th.
- She moved from Puerto Rico to Texas in 2008.
- Cynthia is the first queen to be a team captain on Episode 2 of two separate seasons.
- Cynthia is the second queen, after Shangela, to compete on two different seasons (excluding All Stars). She is followed by Eureka, who returned to Season 10 after leaving Season 9 due to a knee injury, and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo.
- Cynthia supported Farrah Moan and helped her get gigs early on in her drag career.
- She was technically the third queen to fall over on the runway (after Akashia on Season 1, episode 3 and Naysha Lopez on season 8, episode 3), although her fall was planned as it was a parody of Madonna's BRIT Awards 2015 fall.
- Not including All-Stars, Cynthia is the only queen to be eliminated with the same ranking on two different seasons.
- Although Cynthia placed 10th in both of her seasons, if you take into account that there was more contestants in season 9 than there was in season 8 she technically made it further than she did last time lasting only 3 episodes in season 8 and 6 episodes in season 9.
- Cynthia is the third queen (after Carmen Carrera and Yara Sofia) to lip sync a total number of 3 times without sending anyone home. They were followed by Trixie Mattel, who lip-synced 4 times without eliminating other queen (although Trixie did win her final lip-sync against Kennedy Davenport in All Stars 3 but Kennedy was eliminated by RuPaul in that case).
- She, Ivy Winters and Nina West are (so far) the only Miss Congeniality winners to not return for an All Stars season.
- Cynthia is the only Miss Congeniality winner to compete on two regular seasons.
- Cynthia and Farrah are the second pair of queens to lip-sync where someone else gets sent home instead (the first being Phi Phi O'Hara and Sharon Needles with Willam in Season 4.)
- Although Cynthia had her own look for the Season 9 photo shoot, her Season 8 photo shoot look was used for her confessionals in Season 9.
- During her lip-sync on Season 8, she got glass stuck in her leg while doing the splits after Robbie Turner broke a light bulb on the stage.
- Her grandmother passed away in June 2017.
- If Cynthia wasn't on Drag Race, she would be on Master Chef.
- Cynthia can sing opera.
- Cynthia contracted a serious urinary infection in June 2018, days after Dragcon 2018. She was treated days later.
- Cynthia, Tammie Brown and Jasmine Masters are the only queens to compete in two seasons and never win a challenge or place in the top.
- Cynthia appeared on the YouTube series Cooking with Drag Queens.
Season 8 Looks
Season 9 Looks
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd & 4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara (Departed) • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|