Delta Work is the stage name of Gabriel Villarreal, a professional drag queen, hair stylist and performer from Norwalk, California.
Delta Work competed on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3, where she was eliminated in episode 8, placing 7th in the overall competition.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 3|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 6)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 3, 6, 8)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 8|
Drag Name Origin
A local bar where she used to go watch the queens were doing a ‘Ladies of the 80s’ night, and they were trying to do the ladies from Designing Women. There was nobody that could do Delta Burke’s character Suzanne Sugarbaker, because they didn’t have a big girl. So she did and the queens said that she totally looked like Delta Burke. Then one queen said, "You better work Delta! Screw Delta Burke! You’re Delta Work!" She considers Raja as one of her drag mothers, as she knew her prior to joining the show.
- Delta Work was a member of the Heathers clique along with Raja, Manila Luzon and Carmen Carrera. She was known on the show for her frank attitude, sarcastic humor, and upfront sass.
- From 2017 to 2019, Delta was RuPaul's hairdresser. Allegedly she resigned because World of Wonder refused to give her a pay rise after she won an Emmy for her work.
- Delta entered the competition after having presented a live audition in front of RuPaul and Santino Rice in Hollywood, California.
- Delta, along with Ongina, appeared as cameos on All Stars 1, where they both served as van drivers to bring the remaining Top 4 queens to their interview and Hamburger Mary's challenges.
- Sometimes Delta impersonates Adele in Los Angeles. In July 2016, Adele invited Delta on stage at her concert.
- Delta has appeared in various episodes of the WowPresents web series Fashion Photo RuView with Raven and is one of the most frequent guests on the show.
- Delta won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special for RuPaul's Hair In Season 10. She is the first ever RuGirl to win an Emmy.
- Delta was in Taylor Swift's music video for You Need to Calm Down playing Adele.
- Since September 2020 Delta has co-hosted the podcast Very That with Raja on the ForeverDog and Moguls of Media networks where she and Raja talk about their friendship and shared experiences, as well as answering listener questions. Similar to Latrice Royale and Manila Luzon's podcast The Chop, Very That is executive produced by Alaska and Willam.
- Delta has made frequent appearances on The Pit Stop, the aftershow for RuPaul's Drag Race - in fact, she is the queen with the most appearances as a guest on the show so far, with 7 appearances from 2016 to 2019.
Season 3 Looks
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales