Delta Work is the stage name of Gabriel Villarreal, a professional drag queen, hair stylist and performer from Norwalk, California.
Delta Work competed on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3, where she was eliminated in episode 8, placing 7th in the overall competition.
Drag Name Origin
A local bar where she used to go watch the queens were doing a ‘Ladies of the 80s’ night, and they were trying to do the ladies from Designing Women. There was nobody that could do Delta Burke’s character Suzanne Sugarbaker, because they didn’t have a big girl. So she did and the queens said that she totally looked like Delta Burke. Then one queen said, "You better work Delta! Screw Delta Burke! You’re Delta Work!" She considers Raja as one of her drag mothers, as she knew her prior to joining the show.
- Delta Work was a member of the Heathers clique along with Raja, Manila Luzon and Carmen Carrera. She was known on the show for her frank attitude, sarcastic humor, and upfront sass.
- From 2017 to 2019, Delta was RuPaul's hairdresser.
- Delta entered the competition after having presented a live audition in front of RuPaul and Santino Rice in Hollywood, California.
- Sometimes Delta impersonates Adele in Los Angeles. In July 2016, Adele invited Delta on stage at her concert.
- Delta has appeared in various episodes of the WowPresents web series Fashion Photo RuView with Raven.
- Delta won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special for RuPaul's Hair In Season 10. She is the first ever RuGirl to win an Emmy.
- Delta was in Taylor Swift's music video for You Need to Calm Down playing Adele.
Season 3 Looks
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales