Derrick Prentice Barry is a drag queen and professional Britney Spears impersonator, who was also a contestant in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race. Entering Season 8, she was the 100th queen to enter the Werk Room. She was eliminated in episode eight, losing a lip-sync battle to frenemy Bob The Drag Queen, coming in fifth place overall.
On May 8, 2020, it was announced that she would be competing in All Stars 5. After failing to impersonate several drag race alumni in the All Star Variety Show, she was eliminated once again by the “Safe Queens”, represented by Yvie Oddly during the premiere episode.
Derrick comes back to appear in RuPaul's Drag Race Vegas Revue, where she's followed as she prepares to lead the "RuPaul's Drag Rave Live!" residency show among other queens.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8||All Stars 5|
|Ranking:||5th Place||10th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 7)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Times Placed High||2 (Eps. 1, 5)||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 7)||0|
|Times Placed Low||2 (Eps. 3, 4)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 6, 8)||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 8||Episode 1|
"It's Derrick, bitch!"
All Stars 5
*throws off hat and suit, revealing a Britney Spears bodysuit* “Wooh!” *falls onto the floor* “Oooh, I did it again!”
- She is known for impersonating Britney Spears.
- Derrick had also competed on the third season of America's Got Talent. She made it to the quarter-finals but did not get enough votes to go on to the next round.
- She was the 100th queen to enter the Werk Room in Season 8.
- Derrick is the only winner of the quadrennial political challenge to not win their season unlike Season 4 winner Sharon Needles, Season 8 winner Bob The Drag Queen, and Season 12 winner Jaida Essence Hall.
- Derrick Barry, Naomi Smalls and Robbie Turner are the only three contestants in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race to place in the bottom two, survive the lip-sync, and then win the main challenge in the following episode.
- Derrick Barry is in a triad relationship with Mackenzie Claude and Nick San Pedro. Mackenzie appeared on Season 5 as Alaska's drag daughter from the makeover challenge, and has since continued to perform in drag as Nebraska Thunderfuck.
- Derrick first met Britney on The Tonight Show, November 17, 2003.
- She has appeared on Toddlers and Tiaras as a judge of the Mr. and Ms. Nevada pageant along with season 4's Chad Michaels and season 5's Coco Montrese.
- She has performed live with Madonna.
- She grew up doing gymnastics before finding an interest in theater.
- Derrick is a frequent guest on Kimora Blac's show "Wait, What?" She has now become the official co-host.
- Despite not competing until 3 seasons later, Derrick first appeared in the Season 5 finale.
- She appeared on Season 11's first photoshoot challenge, posing with contestant Kahanna Montrese. She also made a cameo at the second main challenge of the season. She appeared in the "Good God Girl, Get Out!" skit, where she appeared to be hit by Yvie Oddly's car, saying "Good God Girl... get...", before lying dead on the bitumen.
- Derrick was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race: Live in Las Vegas. Other contestants include Kahanna Montrese, Kim Chi, and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo.
- If Derrick would have made it to the Snatch Game episode, she would have done Mariah Carey.
- Derrick is the 3rd queen that placed 5th in her original season to go home first in an All Stars season, following Pandora Boxx in All Stars 1, and Coco Montrese in All Stars 2.
- "Who else has been carb free for two weeks?"
- "Place your bets on me if you like to gamble!"
- "If I want to do ratchet drag next week, can you give me any tips?" (to Bob The Drag Queen)
- "I hope that's not their song. If that's their song, that sucks."
- "This is the most emotional roller coaster I've ever been on."
- "I have a hem everywhere.”
- "Everywhere you look, there's a hem."
- ”I’ve put myself in a Britney box, and I‘m trying my best to get out of it.”
- "May I please leave the stage now?"
- "I don't wear panties either!" (as Britney Spears in the Snatch Game)
- "I would be very popular in prison." (as Britney Spears in the Snatch Game)
- "She had diarrhea!" (as Britney Spears in the Snatch Game)
- "Ooh, I nearly let my wig off!"
- "I know but it´s not for you to get." (after Acid Betty saying she doesn't get Trixie Mattel's makeup)
- "I just would hate for you to be on this screen next year and someone be like 'God! Acid Betty is disgusting!" (to Acid Betty after she came for Trixie Mattel)
All Stars 5
- "It's Derrick bitch, you know me."
- “Wooo!” (during her Entrance)
- "Oh, there's a gag?"
- "You called her a pig in a wig." (to India Ferrah)
- "If it's me and Mayham."
- ''You're two-faced, and I don't fuck with two-faced people.'' (to India Ferrah)
- "it's no wonder you work at a place called "Piranha" in Los Vegas, because with those teeth you're a walking billboard for them," (to India Ferrah during the Reading is Fundamental challenge)
- "You tell me that you want me to be somebody else, but you want me to be somebody else from the somebody else that I already am."
- "I just get to relic in it! I said relic, didn't I? Is it relish? It is relish?"
- ”We’re not talking about Latrice, We’re talking about this Trixel Latell...” (drunk during her roast at the 2018 Haters Roast.)
- ”I don’t care if you said... *aggressive head bobbing* WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER.” (to Trixie Mattel in the roast)
- "I don't know if your name is Truck or go fuck yourself," (in the roast)
- "If you thought Shangela should have won, she's not here, so fuck you!" (in the roast)
- "She has worked with Jennifer Aniston!" (to Ginger Minj in the roast)
- "RuPaul's Drag Race Season HATE!" (During her drunk roast at the 2018 Haters Roast.)
- Michelle: “She also quit drag at one Point“ (About India)
Derrick: “Which I do agree with” (Watcha Packin: All Stars 5)
- Derrick: ''Well I travel, and she is happy being local (about India), and I'm not, I did that, and I don't meant that as a read!'' Michelle: But that was a read.'' (Watcha Packin: All Stars 5)
- "Good god, girl...get" *dies*
Season 8 Looks
All Stars 5 Looks
- Derrick's Official Website
- Derrick's Facebook
- Derrick's Instagram
- Derrick's Twitter
- Derrick's YouTube
- Derrick on Wikipedia
- Derrick on Spotify
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
|2nd & 3rd: Jujubee & Miz Cracker|
|4th: Blair St. Clair • 5th: Alexis Mateo • 6th: India Ferrah • 7th: Mayhem Miller • 8th: Mariah Paris Balenciaga • 9th: Ongina • 10th: Derrick Barry|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|