Detox Icunt, simply known as Detox, is the stage name of Matthew Sanderson, a performer, recording artist, and one of the Season 5 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race (placed 4th), as well as one of the All Stars 2 runners-up.
Drag Name Origin
"Detox Icunt" is a play on "the toxic cunt” and/or “detoxicant”.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 5||All Stars 2|
|Ranking:||4th Place||2nd/3rd Place|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 3)||3 (Eps. 3, 5, 7)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||5 (Eps. 1, 2, 5, 6, 9)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||2 (Eps. 2, 9)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 5, 10, 11)||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 11||Episode 8|
"Holy shit, we're here."
All Stars 2
"Well, this is hauntingly familiar. Here we go again!"
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
- "I'm the queen bee... so eat it up and crown it."
- "I've HAD IT! Officially."
- "RO-LASKA-TOX: It's the new prescription drug for people who are gagging."
- "So many things fit inside my box."
- "This is a petite box. I don't think it's Michelle's."
- "You are fucking gayer than the Fire Island production of 'Rent'." (to Leslie Jordan on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "Michelle's favorite movie is 'Showgirls' and much like Nomi Malone, she relies on the talents of her black friend." (on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "...I hope you are having the time of your life, because you don't have much time left." (to RuPaul on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "I just don’t give 2 shits."
- "Take life less seriously and have fun and tuck your dick properly."
- "Alaska, I don’t know what I've gotten from you besides chlamydia."
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2
- "Morris? Who's Morris?"
- “Detox coming at you with a slow verse. Imma speed it up, I had to shut it down first. Killin' bitches so hard, need a pink hearse. I ain't saying I'm the best but I ain't the worst. You see me shining, I'm trying to take this primetime. I see you whining and crying, take that to Lifetime. So epic that it's poetic, I spin it all the time. Oh, baby, you look pathetic with that nursery rhyme. You can't stand me? I don't blame you. If Ru is number one, I'm number two. You disagree? Well that's on you. Eyes on the chalkboard, I'll spell it out for you. D to the E to the T to the O to the —hold it— X! Naomi Campbell-ing these hoes to the ground. Next!” (verse in Read U Wrote U)
"Condragulations grillz! Go fucking kill them! Rolaskatox 4EVAAAHH! ♡ Detox"
|This article needs citations
This article is in need of citations to make sure all information stated is correct.
- Detox has a twin brother named Michael, and a sister named Heather.
- Heather appeared as Detox's Makeover partner on All Stars 2.
- Detox is the drag daughter of Mizz Kori, who first put her in drag at a club in Florida.
- Her fashion style is inspired by the fashion brand Mugler, the cartoon "Jem and The Holograms" and neon/futuristic things.
- She is mostly compared to a Brazilian actress named Claudia Raia and in her tour to Brazil, they pretended to battle in a lip-sync.
- She played a character named "White Chocolate" in the movie "Cherry Pop". The film also featured Bob The Drag Queen, Mayhem Miller, Tempest DuJour and Latrice Royale.
- She voices a character named "Donnatella Mewhattodo" in the WOWPresents+ show Drag Tots. The show also features Bianca Del Rio, Valentina and many more contestants. RuPaul herself also voices a character.
- She was involved in a car crash in 2009, prior to being on the show, making her do some of the plastic reconstructive surgery. As a result of this crash, she is unable to grow hair on part of one of her eyebrows.
- Her monochrome outfit from the Season 5 finale later served as the inspiration for a monochrome runway during Season 8. This makes Detox one of the few contestants to have a runway based on one of their looks.
- Detox appeared on an episode of "Botched" in 2018, with intentions of getting her abs fixed. Yet due to a busy schedule, she did not go through with the procedure.
- She holds the record for the contestant with the most mini-challenge wins on a season, with a total of five.
- Detox is friends with musician Roísín Murphy, and is a huge fan of Madonna.
- Detox appeared in a second music video for Lizzo's song "Juice" along with fellow drag race contestants Sonique, Mayhem Miller, Morgan McMichaels, Asia O'Hara and others.
- On the 25th of May 2019, Detox became the 22nd queen to be inducted into the 1 million club on Instagram, making her the third from Season 5 and the fifth from All Stars 2 to do so.
- Detox is friends with actor Cody Fern.
- Similarily to A'keria Chanel Davenport and Jaida Essence Hall, she eliminated a queen on their fourth lip-sync (Coco Montrese in Detox's case) before the finale.
- She can been seen audition for Season 3 in the first episode "Casting Extravaganza" along side Katya and Thorgy Thor.
- She has the exact same track record on All Stars 2 as Bob The Drag Queen on Season 8 where both win the maxi challenge on episodes 3, 5, and 7 and are only up for elimination once, Detox (ep.2) and Bob (ep.8).
- Detox revealed on the podcast "Discretion Advised" that the lip sync song for her Season 5 lip sync against Jinkx Monsoon was meant to be Free Your Mind by En Vogue, but it was changed to a song that would be better for Jinkx to win.
- She also revealed in the same podcast that Jinkx was singing Malambo No. 1 prior to the official beginning of Season 5's filming, so the production knew that she would succeed in the lip sync.
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 2 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 Looks
- "This is How We Jew It" (2015)
- "Supersonic" (2016)
- "She's Gotta Habit" (2017)
- "#SueList" (2018)
- "I Like It Like That" (2018)
- "Chow Down" (2012)
- "Silicone" (2013)
- "Blurred Bynes" (2013)
- "Boy is A Bottom" (2015)
- "Disturbia" (2008) by Rihanna
- "S&M" (2011) by Rihanna
- "Gimme All Your Blood" (2012) by Jackie Beat
- "Prom Night" (2012) by Jeffree Star
- "Chow Down" (2012) by Willam ft. Detox & Vicky Vox
- "Starfucker" (2012) by Willam ft. Detox & Vicky Vox
- "Can I Get A Amen?" (2013) by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 5 Cast
- "Read U Wrote U" (2016) by RuPaul ft. Alaska, Detox, Katya & Roxxxy Andrews
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Alaska & Roxxxy Andrews|
|Other Queens||4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration|
|Judges||RuPaul • Santino Rice • Michelle Visage|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Shawn Morales|
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Detox & Katya • 4th: Roxxxy Andrews|
|Other Queens||5th: Alyssa Edwards • 6th: Tatianna • 7th: Phi Phi O'Hara • 8th: Ginger Minj • 9th: Adore Delano (Quit) • 10th: Coco Montrese|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Todrick Hall • Ross Mathews|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|