Detox Icunt, simply known as Detox, is the stage name of Matthew Sanderson, a performer, recording artist, and one of the Season 5 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race (placed 4th), as well as one of the All Stars 2 runners-up.
- 1 Drag Name Origin
- 2 Career
- 3 RuPaul's Drag Race
- 4 Entrance Quotes
- 5 Memorable Quotes
- 6 Farewell Message
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Discography
- 10 External Links
- 11 Navigation
Drag Name Origin
"Detox Icunt" is a play on "the toxic cunt” and/or “detoxicant”.
Detox started getting famous by performing at nightclubs in the early 2000's, modeling and appearing in music videos for singers such as Kesha and Rihanna.
In 2011, Icunt acted in "Showgirls in Drag", a live adaptation of "Showgirls". The production was directed by Stephen Guarino and played at the Dragonfly nightclub in Hollywood.
In 2012, Willam released "Chow Down" a parody of "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips. The song featured and was co-written by Detox and Vicky Vox. Later, the 3 began performing under the name "DWV", a dual reference that takes note of their 1st initials (Detox, Willam and Vicky) while also parodying the group "SWV". Together, they released other several parody music videos that became viral.
Today, besides performing around the world and working with World of Wonder, she's a member of Chad Michaels' "Dreamgirls Revue", the longest-running female-impersonation show in California, as well as a member of the band "Tranzkuntinental". The band was started by Charlie Paulson and Xander Smith and features drag queens Kelly Mantle, Rhea Litré, Vicky Vox and Willam.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 5||All Stars 2|
|Ranking:||4th Place||2nd/3rd Place|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 3)||3 (Eps. 3, 5, 7)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||5 (Eps. 1, 2, 5, 6, 9)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||2 (Eps. 2, 9)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 5, 10, 11)||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 11||Episode 8|
"Holy shit, we're here."
All Stars 2
"Well, this is hauntingly familiar. Here we go again!"
- "I'm the queen bee... so eat it up and crown it."
- "I've HAD IT! Officially."
- "RO-LASKA-TOX: It's the new prescription drug for people who are gagging."
- "So many things fit inside my box."
- "This is a petite box. I don't think it's Michelle's."
- "You are fucking gayer than the Fire Island production of 'Rent'." (to Leslie Jordan on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "Michelle's favorite movie is 'Showgirls' and much like Nomi Malone, she relies on the talents of her black friend." (on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "...I hope you are having the time of your life, because you don't have much time left." (to RuPaul on "RuPaul's Roast")
- "I just don’t give 2 shits."
- "Take life less seriously and have fun and tuck your dick properly."
- "Alaska, I don’t know what I've gotten from you besides chlamydia."
- "We wanted to wear burkas, but then we decided fuck it. And we're sluts. I mean, hello, look at William."
- "Morris? Who's Morris?"
- “Detox coming at you with a slow verse. Imma speed it up, I had to shut it down first. Killin' bitches so hard, need a pink hearse. I ain't saying I'm the best but I ain't the worst. You see me shining, I'm trying to take this primetime. I see you whining and crying, take that to Lifetime. So epic that it's poetic, I spin it all the time. Oh, baby, you look pathetic with that nursery rhyme. You can't stand me? I don't blame you. If Ru is number one, I'm number two. You disagree? Well that's on you. Eyes on the chalkboard, I'll spell it out for you. D to the E to the T to the O to the —hold it— X! Naomi Campbell-ing these hoes to the ground. Next!” (verse in Read U Wrote U)
- (reading): detox is such a shady plastic slut (speaking): WE MET!!!! I hope ya bought my merch Asshole. (Queens read Mean Comments)
"Condragulations grillz! Go fucking kill them! Rolaskatox 4EVAAAHH! ♡ Detox"
- Detox has a twin brother named Michael, and a sister named Heather.
- Detox is the drag daughter of Mizz Kori, who first put her in drag at a club in Florida.
- Her fashion style is inspired by the fashion brand Mugler, the cartoon "Jem and The Holograms" and neon/futuristic things.
- She is mostly compared to a Brazilian actress named Claudia Raia and in her tour to Brazil, they pretended to battle in a lip-sync.
- She played a character named "White Chocolate" in the movie "Cherry Pop". The movie also featured Bob The Drag Queen, Mayhem Miller, Tempest DuJour and Latrice Royale.
- She voices a character named "Donnatella Mewhattodo" in the WOWPresents+ show Drag Tots. The show also features Bianca Del Rio, Valentina and many more contestants. RuPaul herself also voices a character.
- She was involved in a car crash in 2009, prior to being on the show, making her do some of the plastic reconstructive surgery. As a result of this crash, she is unable to grow hair on part of one of her eyebrows.
- Her monochrome outfit from the Season 5 finale later served as the inspiration for a monochrome runway during Season 8. This makes Detox one of the few contestants to have a runway based on one of their looks.
- Detox appeared on an episode of "Botched" in 2018, with intentions of getting her abs fixed. Yet due to a busy schedule, she did not go through with the procedure.
- She holds the record for the contestant with the most mini-challenge wins on a season, with a total of 5.
- Detox is friends with musician Roísín Murphy, and is a huge fan of Madonna.
- Detox appeared in a second music video for Lizzo's song "Juice" along with fellow drag race contestants Sonique, Mayhem Miller, Morgan McMichaels, Asia O'Hara and others.
- On the 25th of May 2019, Detox became the 22nd queen to be inducted into the 1 million club. Making her the 3rd from Season 5 and the 5th from All Stars 2 to do so.
- Detox is friends with actor Cody Fern.
- Similarily to A'keria Chanel Davenport and Jaida Essence Hall, she eliminated a queen on their fourth lip-sync (Coco Montrese in Detox's case) before the finale.
- She can been seen audition for Season 3 in the first episode "Casting Extravaganza" along side Katya and Thorgy Thor.
- She has the exact same track record on All Stars 2 as Bob The Drag Queen on Season 8 where both win the maxi challenge on episodes 3, 5, and 7 and are only up for elimination once, Detox (ep.2) and Bob (ep.8).
Season 3 Looks
Season 5 Looks
All Stars 2 Looks
Season 10 Looks
- "This is How We Jew It" (2015)
- "Supersonic" (2016)
- "She's Gotta Habit" (2017)
- "#SueList" (2018)
- "I Like It Like That" (2018)
- "Chow Down" (2012)
- "Silicone" (2013)
- "Blurred Bynes" (2013)
- "Boy is A Bottom" (2015)
- "Disturbia" (2008) by Rihanna
- "S&M" (2011) by Rihanna
- "Gimme All Your Blood" (2012) by Jackie Beat
- "Prom Night" (2012) by Jeffree Star
- "Chow Down" (2012) by Willam ft. Detox & Vicky Vox
- "Starfucker" (2012) by Willam ft. Detox & Vicky Vox
- "Can I Get A Amen?" (2013) by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 5 Cast
- "Read U Wrote U" (2016) by RuPaul ft. Alaska, Detox, Katya & Roxxxy Andrews
4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg