Drag Name Origin
Growing up, her nickname was "Dusty Ray", a shortening of her boy name Dustin Rayburn. While working as a waiter in New York City, her coworkers would tease her and call her a bottom. She says that they would go around the restaurant and yell "Dusty Ray Bottoms!". Originally, she wanted to be called 'Chlamydia Burns', but thought the name was too much.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (ep. 4)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 4|
Episode One: 10s Across The Board
For her first main challenge, she was tasked with creating a runway outfit from miscellaneous items found at a variety store; inspired by the first challenge on Season 1. On stage, she was criticized by the judges for not editing her look, and looking more witchy than couture. Additionally, Michelle Visage points out her signature dots on her face and questions her if they'll always be there, to which Dusty responds that she doesn't always rely on them. She's in the bottom alongside Vanessa Vanjie Mateo and Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams, but is declared safe, while the other two lip-sync for their life.
Episode Two: PharmaRusical
Dusty is chosen first by Asia O'Hara to be on her team when the queens are told they'll have to perform a musical challenge based on wacky pharmaceutical commercials for drag queens. Dusty plays Sandy, who suffers from 'restless tuck', and is praised for both her performance and look in the critiques. Michelle Visage in specific comments her satisfaction on the lack of dots. However, Asia's team ends up being the losing team, meaning that Dusty winds up safe despite the appraisal.
Episode Three: Tap That App
In the Werk Room, Dusty captures everybody's hearts when she shares her past of being gay in a religious family, including her coming out story and the exorcism she was put under by her
parents. However, she also shares that she's happily engaged with her fiance.
In the challenge, she plays a single lady with several multiple personalities, in the Fibstr dating app. Her performance and runway look were considered safe by the judges. In Untucked, she joins The Vixen and the other safe queens as they 'gang up' on Aquaria to comment on her behavior regarding The Vixen.
Episode Four: The Last Ball on Earth
RuPaul tells the girls that they're having a ball based on the end of the world, where they must serve looks based on 'Alaskan Winter' (bikinis), 'Miami Summer' (winter attire), and 'Martian Eleganza Extravaganza'. The last outfit must be crafted with materials provided, from scratch. Dusty works on a steampunk corset but keep getting herself hurt and burnt. In the end, the judges dislike her Alaskan Winter outfit and her Martian outfit, claiming it's too 'fairy', as opposed to 'alien'. They do praise her Miami Summer look, however, though she ends up in the bottom and lip-syncs for her life against Monet X Change, who ends up winning and sending Dusty home. However, RuPaul highlights their lip-sync and uses it as an example for the other queens.
“NEVA LAVD YA! ❤️ Dusty”
Season 10 Looks
- "Never loved ya!" (Season 10 Entrance)
- "Dusty Ray Bottoms is dark, glamorous and trashy. She's also dyslexic."
- "Cracker, your twin is here! It's battle between the twins y'all!"
- "Whaaaps !" (Season 10 elimination, Episode 4)
- "This is not the last you'll see of Dusty Ray Bottoms so keep your eye out, or keep your bottom out, I dunno..."
- "Eureka, I know you seem to have gotten close to Miss Kameron Michaels, and that's really surprising because no one gets close to her without a $50 meet and greet. And I know maybe it's because of Kameron's ego is so big it makes you feel dainty. And feeling dainty, Miss Blair St. Clair, I know you like to claim you're a professional actress, but being a decoy on "To Catch a Predator" is not a legit credit. And Michelle Visage, neva lavd ya." - (Season 10 reunion, Episode 13)
- Dustin is originally from Louisville, Kentucky but moved to New York to pursue a career in acting, after being sent to a gay conversion therapy camp by his anti-LGBT parents.
- Her grandfather was an evangelist, and her father is also involved in the church.
- Dusty is the drag sister of Season 9 contestant Alexis Michelle.
- She is a Libra.
- Dusty is engaged to her long-term partner Marc Singer.
- She has dyslexia.
- As her Martian Extravaganza look included a large amount of sharp metal, she was allowed by producers to change her outfit for a visually similar but safer one prior to lip syncing in Episode 4. She is the only non-All Stars queen to change her outfit prior to lip-syncing.
- Dusty is known for sharing a variety of modeling shots along with performances of his drag routine with his over 240,000 Instagram followers.
- Dusty would've done comedian Devon Green or the Mad TV character Dot Goddard for Snatch Game.
- She lip-synced alongside Rebecca Glasscock during the Season 10 finale.
|2nd/3rd: Eureka & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|