Heidi N Closet, also known as Heidi Ho, Heidi Hydrates, and Heidi Afrodite, is the stage name of Trevien Anthonie Cheek, a drag performer and one of the Season 12 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race, who placed 6th and was voted Miss Congeniality by her fellow queens. Heidi is also known as one of the lip-sync assassins of Season 12, winning lip-syncs against Nicky Doll and Brita, and being in a double shantay with Jackie Cox.
Heidi N Closet comes from a joke where closeted men from her hometown try to hook up with her and she encourages them to not be "hidin' in a closet". Her name can also be read as "hiding in closet."
During Season 12, RuPaul found her name to be a tongue twister, leading to Heidi changing her last name almost every episode. Some of these included Heidi Ho, Heidi Hydrates, and Heidi Aphrodite. Heidi, however, still prefers to be called Heidi N Closet.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Seasons Competed:||Season 12|
|Mini Challenges Won:||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 3)|
|Times Placed High:||2 (Eps. 3, 9)|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 8)|
|Times Placed Low:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||4 (Eps. 5, 7, 10, 11)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 11|
- "America, it's time to stop hiding in the closet! (high-pitched tongue trill)" (entrance quote)
- "Leprosy print."
- "Arggh matey! I love it! The Pirates of The Caribbean has come to town! Is one of her legs a peg leg? I want to know." (On Gigi Goode's entrance look).
- "I was hoping to be the skinny one, nope."
- "You can see her civil rights hair, oh lord!"
- "Heidi to the closet is her name, being soft and supple is her game! She's a young fierce diva coming from the East Coast and she's 'bout to slay every one of her foes! She'll never back down and she'll face her fears, you could even say she's wise beyond her years. She's a small-town queen with no time to waste, her first bout up and she's won first place!" (verse in "I'm That Bitch")
- "What is it that you hate so much about my face?" (to Nicki Minaj during Untucked)
- “There’s too many bitches in the workroom.”
- "Team talent my ass." (about Jan, Sherry Pie, Aiden Zhane, Jaida Essence Hall, Dahlia Sin, and Rock M. Sakura)
- "Bitch, I live on an avenue, why can't I say it?"
- "Fuck all them bitches."
- "Blessed and highly flavored."
- "Gigi is killing it! *laughing* Get it? Killing it, because she was dead? *laughing* (about Gigi Goode’s “World’s Worst” performance)"
- "RIP, honey." (referring to Dahlia Sin's elimination)
- "She thinks she's about to make her PGA debut, but she's really just gonna go for putt-putt," (describing her Lady Ballers runway look)
- "Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. and FUCK YOU!"
- "AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER, OKAY?"
- "The bitch is safe, leave her alone!"
- "I'mma worry about Heidi!"
- "Overall she delivered…literally 'cause she was pregnant." (about Widow Von’Du)
- "Focus on your damn self!"
- "I think Jan would be trade if she had her boy brows!"
- "The level of disrespect!"
- "I'm a dom top, girl bye."
- "Y'all gonna have to call me the umpire, cause bitch, I'm about to call these bitches out."
- "I respect you, but I lost some respect for you today." (about Gigi Goode)
- "It's ironic that Jaida is the trade of the season and she's finding it hard to be sexy. Maybe she's not the trade of the season. Maybe I'm the trade of the season! *gasps*"
- "Miss Gigi, it's ok. You know, I'm here for you. I'm gonna give you a break from being in the top. You know we all need to rest."
- "I already got my gap, keep up."
- "Hairspray and desperation."
- "Made of sssssilks, and sssssatins, and real drag queen tears...MINE!"." (While describing her product, Heidi Hydrates, in the commercial challenge)
- "Gigi? Cocky? I never would have guessed." (chuckles)
- "I love toast." (in the presidential debate challenge)
- "Ooh. Jaida's in trouble, girl."
- "Jaida...was that the joke? Look over there!"
- "I've been saying it wrong this whole time?"
- ''I love Lunchables, honey!'' (during the reunion)
- "Is that what they call it nowadays?" (to Gigi and Crystal during the reunion)
- "*gasps* How dare you talk about my potato salad!"
- (in a deep voice) "Dumbass."
- "Soft and supple."
- "Blessed and highly favored."
- "A small town queen with big city aspirations. Watch out, world, 'cause Heidi's coming through. And remember, if I can do it, so can you." (exit quote)
Meet the Queens
- "A lot of men from my hometown are closeted, and they would always try and get my goodies and what-naughtries.”
- "Most of it's about getting on that stage and performing really fast and making as much coin as you can."
- "I have been performing for five years, but those first three years are a little mysterious, so we don't count those, so two."
- "Elbow elbow, wrist wrist, cross your heart, and blow a kiss."
- "I am fully 100% fully in this competition to win. I want that crown. And a hundred thousand dollars cause, poverty."
- "Bye whore. Oh, that was Grandma Sherry, that's a good Christian woman. I thought it was Widow."
- "Being the delicate woman that I am, I would need a running mate, to really masculine it up and give me a little more edge, like give me a more demographic edge, so I would definitely choose Jaida Essence Hall."
- "I would choose Stacy Layne Matthews because she's my bully."
- "LONG LIVE THE WIG!" (About Aiden's wig in a Zoom call with Aiden Zhane and Widow Von'Du)
- "I take a long time, and I still look like garbage," (in a Buzzfeed video)
- Heidi is the 3rd ever contestant from North Carolina to be on the show, after Victoria Parker and Stacy Layne Matthews.
- Heidi is the first contestant in herstory to get praise and compliments from RuPaul after being told to sashay away.
- Heidi was the first Season 12 contestant to send home two fellow contestants who had sent home other contestants (Nicky Doll and Brita, who sent home Dahlia Sin, Rock M. Sakura and Aiden Zhane).
- Heidi is the third contestant to win her first challenge after being in the bottom 2 twice, after Raven and Coco Montrese.
- Heidi is the first queen to lose her wig in a lip sync, and put it back on.
- The catsuit she wore for the Capes runway was originally made from some curtains she found on the side of the road.
- She revealed on episode 8 that she only made about $9,000 per year before Drag Race from her job working at a gas station.
- She made her Leslie Jones outfit for the Snatch Game the day of the challenge.
- She was quite excited for the "Kill The Lights" lip-sync, as it is a song she regularly performs.
- She did not have a veil for the bride in black runway, so she made one on the day of the episode from a bra that had lace on the cups.
- She stated on Instagram Live that Nicky Doll left 3 wigs for her when she left.
- She wore one of the wigs given to her in the FabFitFun mini-challenge in Episode 8.
- She, along with Coco Montrese and Ra'Jah O'Hara, are the only queens to place in the bottom and lip-sync for their lives four times in a regular season.
- However, unlike Coco and Ra'Jah, Heidi did not have the lowest "Dusted or Busted" score of her season, due to her being in the top multiple times and winning a challenge.
- She was the last Season 12 queen that placed low on her premiere to be eliminated.
- Heidi was not able to use her original make-over look as it did not fit her partner.
- Heidi is the third queen (both overall and in a row) to be crowned Miss Congeniality after placing 6th, after Monet X Change and Nina West.
- The outfit that she used for her Makeover partner wasn't the one that she originally brought for the challenge due to the size difference. Instead she used an extra costume borrowed from her fellow contestant Sherry Pie.
- On July 11th, Instagram Live, Heidi was asked if she'd return to All-Stars and she said she had allegedly turned down the call for All Stars 6.
Season 12 Looks
- (2020) RuPaul's Drag Race, on Season 12
- (2020) Untucked, on Season 12
- (2020) Miz Cracker's Review with a Jew - S12 E11
- (2020) "I‘m That Bitch" by RuPaul ft. RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 Cast
|Jaida Essence Hall|
|2nd & 3rd: Crystal Methyd & Gigi Goode|
|4th: Sherry Pie (Disqualified) • 5th: Jackie Cox • 6th: Heidi N Closet (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Widow Von'Du • 8th: Jan • 9th: Brita • 10th: Aiden Zhane • 11th: Nicky Doll • 12th: Rock M. Sakura • 13th: Dahlia Sin|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|