Jasmine Diane Masters, simply known as Jasmine Masters, is the stage name of Martell Robinson, a drag queen, performer, content creator and one of the Season 7 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race (placed 12th), as well as one of the All Stars 4 contestants (placed 10th).
"Jasmine" comes from the actress Jasmine Guy, while "Masters" comes from her drag mother, Destiny Masters.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 7||All Stars 4|
|Ranking:||12th Place||10th Place|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Times Placed High||0||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||0|
|Times Placed Low||1 (Ep. 1)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 3)||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 3||Episode 1|
During her limited run on the show, Jasmine Masters received harsh online criticism for the negative comments she made towards some other Season 7 contestants. The hate she received became so bad that RuPaul brought it up during the Season 7 finale, stating that bullying the contestants online is not okay.
In 2016, Masters uploaded a video to her YouTube channel in which she stated that the quality of the drag scene in America had gone down since the show began airing. While she initially received backlash from fans for this video, people began to gradually appreciate it for its unintentional comedic value and has since become a huge meme among the show's fanbase, which earned her a spot as a contestant on "All Stars 4".
Unfortunately for Jasmine, she didn't stay for very long on either of her seasons. Despite this, she has managed to rack up a significant fanbase in her own right.
"I'm here! We made it, BITCHES!"
"Everybody needs a little jush for Christmas!"
All Stars 4
"Hey, jush! I am Jasmine Masters and I have something to say... I AM BACK FOR 'ALL STARS 4', YOU JUNKIE WHORES!"
- "And I oop..."
- "I am here, H-E-R-E, bitch, I'm here!"
- "I am Jasmine Masters, and I have something to say..." (said usually starting sentences)
- "No Tea, no shade, no pink lemonade."
- "I wouldn't be surprised if Ru got up right now and said 'bitch, just cause of that gown, girl, you're safe as fuck'."
- "Not the black bitch?! What's the tea?!"
- "You gotta pop them corns so the kids can eat!"
- "I wasn't brought up wearing my panties and bra on stage and reaching for something that ain't there, that's not drag."
- "It's like a, hum... like a butterfly in a cocoon? So I'mma be like, some type of like a cocoon. Then I'mma grow, so as I'm walking down to the run-walking down the runway, I'm gonna grow. 'Cause the butt-the butterfly is actually is in the cocoon, this is the cocoon. And which is me, the butterfly. You know like a butterfly is in a cocoon? Every step that I take down the runway, the, uh, butterfly inside is growing. So once it get revealed to the end of the runway, the butterfly... is... there. Shoo, shoo!" (describing her Episode 1's runway look)
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race' done fucked up drag, bottom line cut and dry [...]"
- "Panties, bitch."
- "[...] And then there's that old tight-ass long-horse-face Violet [...]"
- "Getting my jush."
- "That part."
- "Burger King? How are you? Are you hiring today? Oh great, I will be down in a momentarily to fill up a application."
- "Wash yo' ass!"
- "Wash your pussy. That's dead. It needs flowers."
- "Little titties, little ass and a little cunt-cunt."
- "Get a job. Do that challenge!"
- "Well... just as I thought... trash!"
- "♪Nooo ma'am! Noooooo ma'am! Noooooo ma'am!♪"
- "FASEEGALAMA!" (on Season 7, Episode 2's musical challenge)
- "Fellas, do you like good juicy pussy? Find you a big girl. Let me tell you: Them big girls got some big ol' juicy pussy 'cause a lot of guys don’t wanna tap on them. Now don't get me wrong, some of them pussies may stank because they big and they don't wash real good. But one time I went dive in deep into a fat girl with some good pussy and I almost married that bitch. And I was 15 years old. And that pussy was goo- as a matter of fact: Guadalupe McGillicuddy, if you out there, contact me girl, 'cause you got some good ol' juicy yank-yank. Now like I said l, if you want some good pussy, find you a big girl. They pussy good, some of them clean, so big girl wash them pussy so them boys can dive in your fat jush and y'all can get y'all some love too. Give a big girl some shots. Them pussies good and juicy."
- "Do you like your asshole busted wide open? Do you like your asshole just sprawled and spreaded wide? If so let me tell you how to make that happen. Find you one of them thick boys, because them thick boys have these big cucumber dicks! I have seen so many big dicks on thick chubby boys than the law allow. And I know a lot of y'all like getting your asses busted wide open to where you can't shit properly the next day and you gotta have a damn maxi pad in the back because you're bleeding. If you like all that, please go find you one of the big boys. I'm telling you, 40% of these big boys got the anacondas, these cucumber dicks! I had to tell one, 'Baby I’m not that gay. I can't take all that dick. That's a lot of dick. You ain't gonna try it. I ain't gonna try it. Thank you for showing me but I'mma find you someone you could take all that dick. I do- that’s too much dick. I'm not that gay'. But if you like a lot of big dick, go find you one of them big boys. They got some big ol' dicks."
- "Expet the unexpectable!"
- "What the fuck is that?"
- Jasmine Masters started doing drag at age 17 for a Patti Labelle look-a-like contest, where she took 1st place and won concert tickets.
- Masters is bisexual.
- She appeared along with Willam Belli on an episode of "The New Normal" teaching how to throw shade. She also had a role in the movie "First Sunday" with Ice Cube, as "Mordecai".
- She is known for her YouTube vlogs, which often go viral among the "RuPaul's Drag Race" fanbase.
- One of her videos, "Fix Ur Breath", was featured in a post on Justin Bieber's Instagram page.
- She hosted the webseries "Jasmine Masters' Class" on WOWPresents+.
- She was impersonated by Nina Bo'nina Brown on Season 9's "Snatch Game". She is the 4th contestant, after Alyssa Edwards, Sharon Needles, and Alaska to be impersonated for "Snatch Game".
- She had tried out for "RuPaul's Drag Race" since Season 2. She was also shortlisted for Season 1. Her Audition tape can also be seen in the first episode of season 3.
- At the Holi-Slay Spectacular, she became the first contestant in history to not have any confessionals or outfit descriptions for an episode. This is because of her leaving early from the set due to being fed up from Shangela being late for rehearsals.
- She is the lowest placing queen to compete on any All-Stars, as well as the first queen to automatically place higher in All-Stars no matter what due to a smaller cast.
- If she had made it to the Snatch Game episode of All Stars 4, she stated she would've impersonated either Dianna Williams from "Bring It", Niecy Nash, or Porsha Williams.
- Jasmine Masters is the origin of the popular phrase "and I oop-." She appeared in videos many times as a meme. It is shown as a photo on the right.
Season 7 Looks
Holi-Slay Spectacular Looks
All Stars 4 Looks
4th: Kennedy Davenport • 5th: Katya (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Trixie Mattel • 7th: Miss Fame • 8th: Jaidynn Diore Fierce • 9th: Max • 10th: Kandy Ho • 11th: Mrs. Kasha Davis • 12th: Jasmine Masters • 13th: Sasha Belle • 14th: Tempest DuJour
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
|Monét X Change & Trinity The Tuck|
|3rd & 4th: Monique Heart & Naomi Smalls|
|5th: Latrice Royale • 6th: Manila Luzon • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Gia Gunn • 9th: Farrah Moan • 10th: Jasmine Masters|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|