Jaymes Mansfield is the stage name of James Wirth, a drag performer from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She was one of the 14 queens to compete on the ninth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was the first queen to be eliminated and ended up finishing in 14th place.
Like many of the stronger "first-out" queens of later seasons, Jaymes developed many devoted followers despite her minimal time on air. Myriads of her fans say they were captivated by her bubbly wit and expressed dismay at her elimination. A post-elimination video she posted to her YouTube channel received over 150,000 views in two days.
Some fans went as far as to criticize the so-called 'over-refinement' of later seasons of Drag Race for seeming to "prey" on on-camera nervousness. A trait that in itself, others added, is not a flaw. After her elimination, Tempest DuJour welcomed Jaymes to the "elite club" of first-outs on Twitter.
Indeed, the outpouring of support for Jaymes (just like that for Tempest and Kelly Mantle in the years before her) has lead to further fan speculation that it is often better to be a popular first-out queen that left audiences "wanting more," than a contestant eliminated second, third or fourth.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 9|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 2|
- "I auditioned for RuPaul's Drag Race because of many simple reasons, but the main one is I wanna kidnap the Pit Crew."
- "I came in first!" (Upon Elimination)
- "Some dreams just aren't really meant for you."
- "These are my summer diamonds. Some are diamonds and some are not." (This is a line made famous by Wayland Flowers and Madame )
- "She left her phone number, too. She didn't have to do that, I could just go to any bathroom in New York and find it." (After seeing Aja's phone number on the note she left)
- "I had a really good read for Valentina, but I can't remember the words!"
- Jaymes is one of only four queens in RuPaul's Drag Race herstory to have never competed in a sewing challenge - the other three being Gothy Kendoll and Scaredy Kat from UK Season 1, and Dahlia Sin from Season 12.
- The name 'Jaymes Mansfield' is both a pun on and a tribute to the late movie star Jayne Mansfield, who serves as a heavy influence to Jaymes' drag style.
- Jaymes has a YouTube channel where she uploads sewing and craft tutorials, comedy videos and educational videos about LGBT history.
- According to Alexis Michelle, RuPaul, and the producers of the show, Jaymes had one of the funniest auditions that they have ever seen.
- According to the other Season 9 queens, Jaymes did have more to say during the Reunion, including other hilarious reads, but nearly all of it was cut out.
- Jaymes is experienced with puppeteer-ing.
- Jaymes is willing to participate in All-Stars.
- She is first queen that was born in the 90's to be on the show.
- Jaymes is the 3rd ever queen from Wisconsin to be on the show.
- Jaymes and Nina Bo'nina Brown noticibly comment on nearly every video each queen makes supporting each other which the viewers of their channels seem to love.
- She reached 100,000 YouTube subscribers on May 15th, 2020.
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd & 4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|