She later returned to All Stars 7, the first All Winners season of Drag Race. She placed TBA.
Biography & Career
Born in 1987 as the oldest of four children, Jinkx attended DaVinci Arts for middle school (where they came out as gay) and graduated from Grant High School. In 2002 at the age of 15, she performed in drag for the first time at the underground nightclub "Escape" and in 2006, moved to Seattle, Washington from Portland, Oregon.
Jinkx worked and paid her way through college, graduating summa cum laude with a BFA in Theater from Cornish College of the Arts in 2010.
Jinkx appeared as the lead dancer in the world's largest drag queen chorus line, which made the "Guinness Book of World Records". By 2012, she had advanced to roles in Seattle theaters, playing Moritz in "Spring Awakening", Angel in"RENT" and starring in the title role in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". In 2013, she starred in "Hairspray the Musical" as Velma Von Tussle.
A trained singer, Monsoon is half of the musical duo "The Vaudevillians" (with Richard Andriessen a.k.a. Major Scales), a 1920s revival act. After she won Season 5, they were booked for the Laurie Beechman Theater on Broadway in New York City.
Jinkx also started her own musical career and appeared on the popular cartoon "Steven Universe" as a voice actor for the character, Emerald.
Drag Name Origin
Jinkx's drag name was her nickname at an outreach center for gay youth in Portland and comes from "jinx", a verb that means "to subject to bad luck". She says if there's a one in a million chance that something will go wrong it's most likely going to happen to her. Monsoon came from the character Edina Monsoon from "Absolutely Fabulous".
|Statistics||Season 5||All Stars 7|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 5, 9)||3 (Eps. 2, 4, 5)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)||2 (Eps. 1, 3)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 4)||TBA|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 11)||N/A|
"You know, I can hear the cackling from down the street."
All Stars 7
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
- "Water off a duck's back."
- "Delusion - convince yourself!"
- "I am Seattle's premier Jewish narcoleptic drag queen!"
- "I'm not gonna make an excuse for it; I wear my narcolepsy as a badge of pride. It's something I've had to... *falls asleep*"
- "When you're dealing with people judging what you do, you just have to let it roll off like water off a duck's back."
- "Well I don't know her personally, but she looks older than mother darling, so I said when she steps into the voting booth she just siezures, spelling?" (in the "Snatch Game" as Little Edie)
- "Quite the scandal actually, with my cousin in law really. It was in all the magazines at the time." (As Little Edie on "Snatch Game")
- ♪ "CAN I GET, CAN I GET AN AMEN" ♪
- ♪ "CAN I GET AN AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN" ♪
- "Detox, you won the challenge, you can take the chicken mask off now."
- "*Pffft* Hmhmhm, okurr..."
- "It's gonna be hard to top Coco, but look at her: who would wanna top Coco?"
- "Michelle Visage is so full of semen, period. No, seriously, she's a whore."
- "Now it's time to go to the Grand High Bitch herself."
- "You're so full of shit the toilet's jealous."
- "I tried to tease it but I just pissed it off." (After being criticized for the state of her wig.)
- "I know this will be hard to believe, seeing as I'm the most polished, prettiest drag queen here."
- "I am serving up some Sofía Vergararara realness."
- "Hilda, you are muy estúpido if you think you are going to take over our familia!" (in the "telenovela acting challenge")
- "You ever been blowed by a girl with silicone lips? I call it the slip and slide. I just put my mouth on it and go *blublublub* MESH!" (as Detox in "Everybody Loves Puppets")
- "GET READY BITCHES 'CAUSE IT'S MONSOON SEASON!" (winner acceptance speech)
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 7
- "I'm Jinkx Monsoon, internationally tolerated drag queen superstar."
- "Let's be honest; being successful begets better drag."
- "Did you get the warning ahead of time? You came dressed as the table." (to Shea Couleé)
- "It's Sia." (when Raven walked into the workroom with her face covered)
- "Rodger. You're like the sis- You're like the mo- You're like the grandmother I never had." (Reading is Fundamental)
- "Jaida Essence Hall - look over there! It's the exit." (Reading is Fundamental)
- "Hello world, I'm Jinkx Monsoon, here to make your stepson swoon, I'm in it to win it, I'm fierce like a cougar, rise to the challenge, get the judges saying "Ooh girl." Rub-a-dub-dub get in my tub, mommy's gonna scrub down all of these SOBs, yes I'm Jinkx and I aim to please, if you don't believe me, check my knees" (verse in 'Legends')
- "Well it was a set Ru, it- it wasn't real." (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland)
- "Broom." (saying Ru's name wrong as Judy Garland in the Snatch Game)
- "Did I ever tell you about the time I was in a Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra sandwich?" (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland)
- "Frank Sinatra's penis was so big, when I was doing a line of coke off of it, I had to stop half-way through to catch my breath!" (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland)
- "Is that my camera?" (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland)
- "I'd like to take a moment. You see there's a veteran named Dave who's been on your show, and he said he was worried that he killed me. And I wanna say; Dave, if you're watching, you're not responsible, darling. You're forgiven. Yes." (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland, referencing the Season 5 Makeover Challenge.)
- "Do we have time for one more?" (in Snatch Game as Judy Garland)
- "NO ONE GOES HOME!!!"
- "So basically, I was rolling around in my own shit like I do every night." (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "He can't even howl right." (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "That's not an insult, it's made out of shit." (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "I have on ocassion had encounters with the Big Bad Wolf, but I don't think it counts as sex cause he only puts it in my ass" (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "You knocked my teeth out!" (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "JESUS CHRIST! The stress is really getting to me." (when her pig ear fell off as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- "I'm sorry you're gonna have to speak up, I can only hear you half as well." (as Spare Rib in Fairytale Justice)
- Jinkx suffers from narcolepsy.
- Jinkx came out as nonbinary by the end of 2013. Prior to this, she had identified under the trans umbrella since her teens. 
- Jinkx's catchphrase "Water off a duck's back" comes from a saying she heard from fellow Seattle drag queen Robbie Turner, who later competed on Season 8.
- Jinkx is the Drag Race contestant who placed in the top for the most consecutive episodes, with eight (Episodes 3 to 10 of Season 5).
- Jinkx was the first Drag Race winner to have won the "Snatch Game".
- Hoffer's journey as Jinkx Monsoon is documented in the five-part documentary web series "Drag Becomes Him". The title is a reference to "Death Becomes Her", one of Jinkx's favorite movies.
- Jinkx had a crush on Ivy Winters while filming Season 5 and they ended up winning the crown and the Miss Congeniality title of that season.
- Jinkx was the first Drag Race winner to not win a Design or Ball Challenge on their winning season.
- Jinkx was the first Drag Race winner to not win a Maxi Challenge within the first three competitive episodes.
- Jinkx, along with RuPaul, Trixie Mattel, Alaska, and Katya, was made into a Funko Pop! figurine.
- Jinkx became the 24th queen to reach 1 million followers on Instagram, on June 20, 2019.
- This made her the tenth winner and the fourth Season 5 contestant to reach this milestone.
- Jinkx appeared in a cameo for one of Blair St. Clair's songs, "Now or Never", along with Manila Luzon.
- Jinkx voiced minor antagonist Emerald in Season 5 Episode 11 of Steven Universe.
- Jinkx won her respective snatch game twice. Once in Season 5, and once in All Stars 7
- Jinkx has frequently collaborated with YouTube-based comedian Brandon Rogers and is featured in a number of his series, such as "Blame The Hero" and "Blood & Makeup: The Last Laugh Of Blah Blah The Clown" and "A Day with Karen".
- Jinkx is tied for the longest run before her first time in the bottom 2, competing in 11 episodes.
- On All Stars 7, Jinkx (along with Trinity The Tuck) became the fourth/fifth queen to win Snatch Game twice, following BenDeLaCreme on All Stars 3, Ginger Minj on All Stars 6, and Baga Chipz on UK vs The World.
- Jinkx is the first queen on All Stars 7 to win two Legendary Legend Stars and be blocked by the Platinum Plunger twice.
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10
RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 Looks
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 7
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 7 Looks
- "The Inevitable Album" (2014) (Tracklist: 1. Ladies in Drag 2. No One As Sorry As Me 3. Coffee & Wine 4. My Heart Belongs To Daddy 5. The Bacon Shake ft. Fred Schneider 6. Everybody's Girl 7. Hold On 8. Hi-Jinkx Samba 9. Witchcraft ft. Major Scales 10. What About Debbie 11. Ballad of Johnny and Jack 12. One Tiny Taste 13. Creep 14. A Song to Come Home To 15. Falling in Love Again)
- "The Ginger Snapped" (2018) (Tracklist: 1. What's On 2. She Evil ft. Fred Schneider 3. Cartoons and Vodka 4. Boys in The Band ft. Amanda Palmer 5. I Just Wanna Make Love to You 6. Just Me - The Gender Binary Blues - 7. Friends 8. Sugar Mama 9. This Town 10. Pianoman ft. Lady Rizo 11. Take It Back 12. You've Really Got A Hold on Me)
- "Can I Get An Amen?" (2013) by RuPaul ft. Drag Race Season 5 Cast
- "Schizophrenic" (2013) by Two Dudes in Love ft. Jinkx Monsoon
- "Bring It" (2013) by Manila Luzon ft. Jinkx Monsoon
- "Now or Never" (2018) by Blair St. Clair
- Jinkx Monsoon's Site | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Jinkx Monsoon on YouTube | Apple Music | Wikipedia | Spotify
|Runners-Up||2nd & 3rd: Alaska & Roxxxy Andrews|
|Other Queens||4th: Detox • 5th: Coco Montrese • 6th: Alyssa Edwards • 7th: Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Jade Jolie • 9th: Lineysha Sparx • 10th & 11th: Honey Mahogany & Vivienne Pinay • 12th: Monica Beverly Hillz • 13th: Serena ChaCha • 14th: Penny Tration|
|Judges||RuPaul • Santino Rice • Michelle Visage|
|Pit Crew||Jason Carter • Shawn Morales|
|Other Queens||Jaida Essence Hall • Jinkx Monsoon • Monét X Change • Raja • Shea Couleé • The Vivienne • Trinity The Tuck • Yvie Oddly|
|Judges||RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|