Drag Name Origin
The name "Kahanna" comes from her love of exotic fields and that tropical sexiness. In an interview, Kahanna said that she wanted a name that would embody that tropical feel and represent her style. Her surname, "Montrese," comes from her drag mother and legend "Coco Montrese."
RuPaul's Drag Race
Las Vegas’s hip hop showgirl, Kahanna merges edgy street influences with upscale high fashion couture. After seeing Kahanna perform just one time, Drag Race legend Coco Montrese adopted this spitfire performer, and Kahanna’s drag identity was born. Will Kahanna finish the job that Coco Montrese started?
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Ep. 1, 2)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 2|
Kahanna style is high fashion, revealing, fun and vibrant. She is seductive, glamorous, exotic, and of course a showgirl. Her drag reflects her true self by expressing the enjoyment and passion she feels every time she performs on stage.
"Vegas is back in the house, and this time, we're hitting jackpots!"
- "Rhinestones can be for pretty girls."
- Kahanna is the drag daughter of Season 5 and All Stars 2 contestant Coco Montrese and drag grandaughter of legendary pageant drag queen, Mokha Montrese;
- She performs actively in Las Vegas with other "RuPaul's Drag Race" alumni including Yara Sofia, Shannel, Derrick Barry and India Ferrah.
- Kahanna's favorite past-contestants are Coco Montrese, Shannel, Nina Flowers, Yara Sofia and India Ferrah.
- She was paired with Derrick Barry for the Mini Challenge Photoshoot.
- She released a music-video for her single "Scores"; featuring Drag Race alumni Manila Luzon, Sharon Needles, Nina West, Trinity The Tuck, Peppermint and Season 8 winner Bob The Drag Queen.
- If she had reached "Snatch Game" she would have done Latoya Jackson.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|