Drag Name Origin
The name "Kahanna" comes from her love of exotic fields and that tropical sexiness. In an interview, Kahanna said that she wanted a name that would embody a tropical feel and represent her style. Her surname, "Montrese," comes from her drag mother Coco Montrese.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Las Vegas's "hip-hop showgirl" and daughter of Drag Race legend Coco Montrese, Kahanna merges edgy street influences with upscale high fashion couture. However, her unique fashion sense did not translate into her first runway creation, and she landed in the bottom 2 with Soju. Her acrobatic performance in the lip-sync saved her from elimination.
In the second episode, she was criticized for both her runway look and not standing out in the acting challenge, and despite putting up a good fight in the lip-sync, she was sent home by her friend Mercedes Iman Diamond.
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 1, 2)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 2|
Kahanna's style is high fashion, revealing, fun and vibrant. She is seductive, glamorous, exotic, and of course a showgirl. Her drag reflects her true self by expressing the enjoyment and passion she feels every time she performs on stage.
- "Vegas is back in the house, and this time, we're hitting jackpots!" (entrance quote)
- "My fashion is very...uhm...naked."
- "Rhinestones can be for pretty girls."
- Kahanna is the drag daughter of Season 5 and All-Stars 2 contestant Coco Montrese and drag grandaughter of legendary pageant drag queen Mokha Montrese.
- She performs actively in Las Vegas with other "RuPaul's Drag Race" alumni including Yara Sofia, Shannel, Derrick Barry, and India Ferrah.
- Kahanna's favorite past-contestants are Coco Montrese, Shannel, Nina Flowers, Yara Sofia, and India Ferrah.
- She was paired with Derrick Barry for the Mini Challenge Photoshoot.
- She released a music video for her single "Scores"; featuring Drag Race alumni Manila Luzon, Sharon Needles, Nina West, Trinity The Tuck, Peppermint, and Season 8 winner Bob The Drag Queen.
- If she had reached "Snatch Game" she would have done LaToya Jackson.
- She was the first queen to lip-sync twice on Season 11.
- Kahanna, alongside her drag mother Coco Montrese, was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race: Live in Las Vegas. Other contestants include Aquaria, Kameron Michaels, and Yvie Oddly.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd & 4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Matthews|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|