The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Drag Name Origin
Kahmora comes from Kimora Lee Simmons, who was popular at the time she started drag. She changed the spelling to make it more unique to her. Her name was partially suggested by her past drag mother Tajma Hall.
|Season Competed:||Season 13|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||TBA|
|Mini Challenges Won:||TBA|
|Times as Team Captain:||TBA|
|Times in Bottom Two:||TBA|
- "The Mackie doll is finally out of her box!" (entrance quote)
- "Eeeny, meeny, miny, moe. Utica, you gotta go."
- "Shine and sparkle will never go out of style." (commonly used phrase)
- Kahmora is the drag mother of Eva Young, Briawna Banana, and Season 11 contestant Soju. She is the drag sister of Season 12 winner Jaida Essence Hall, Season 8 contestant Naysha Lopez, and Season 4 contestant Dida Ritz as they share a drag mother - Tajma Hall.
- Kahmora auditioned four times before being cast on Season 13.
- She is known as a big Bob Mackie fan and often performs in his designs - her entrance look was a Bob Mackie original gown that was auctioned off.
- Kahmora is the third Vietnamese queen to participate on RuPaul's Drag Race, after Kimora Blac from Season 9 and Plastique Tiara from Season 11.
- Kahmora’s first drag name was originally Yoko Tsunami, but her former drag mother, Tajma Hall, did not approve of it.
- In the preview for Episode 3, it was revealed by Denali that Kahmora was notorious for taking hours to do make-up, usually up to five to six hours. Because of her actions, she was shown to be late for the Fashion Reveal mini-challenge, with all of the other queens (sans Kahmora) fully prepared in the right amount of time and ready to be judged, while Kahmora was shown to be still in the werkroom alone and still getting ready. The producers also stated that if Kahmora wasn't ready at the main stage immediately then they would have to go without her.
- Kahmora’s drag mother, Tajma Hall sadly passed away just a few months after Kahmora started seriously doing drag, in April 2014.
- Kahmora’s parents are both very conservative, and Kahmora hasn’t shown much of herself in drag to them, afraid she will disappoint them.
- Kahmora loves extravagant fashion, especially Bob Mackie, but she says she is a bargaining queen. While most Mackie wear ranges from about $1,000 to $6,000, she says she has never payed nearly that much for one. “My momma taught me well”, she said while talking about her bargaining skills.
Season 13 Looks
|Denali • Elliott with 2 Ts • Gottmik • Joey Jay • Kahmora Hall • Kandy Muse • LaLa Ri • Olivia Lux • Rosé • Symone • Tamisha Iman • Tina Burner • Utica Queen|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Matthews|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.