Originally named "Jizzney Princess", Kim changed it. She was inspired by the Korean food kimchi.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 8|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 1, 8)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||0|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 10|
"I came to chop suey the competition!"
"I'm all about the second coming."
- Kim Chi was born in the USA but moved to South Korea, there living as a child.
- Her biological mother doesn't know she does drag.
- She first started doing drag with Pearl on Halloween.
- She helped "All-Stars 3" winner Trixie Mattel get her 1st gig as a drag queen in Chicago, Illinois. According to Trixie, they used to share a bed, as well as makeup, and even make out with each other.
- She's 7 feet tall in heels, and only learned to walk on them after Season 8.
- She was the 1st contestant to win a main challenge in Season 8.
- She is the 1st contestant to go on to win the 1st main challenge and be in the bottom of the second challenge (excluding "All Stars").
- She the only Season 8 contestant to not lip-sync before the music video challenge. She's also one of the few contestants placed in the bottom three on a challenge, but not have to lip-sync.
- She's 1 of the only 3 to win the 1st and the last challenge in their season, along with Violet Chachki and Sharon Needles. But, unlike Sharon and Violet, she didn't win her season. She is also the only 1 to not win a challenge in between the 1st and last challenges.
- She has a show with Naomi Smalls on World of Wonder called "M.U.G."
- She was the 1st contestant to use the Shade Tree on Season 8.
- She's sometimes nicknamed "Shade Chi" by fans on Reddit due to her tendency to post shady comments on Twitter and Instagram.
- She's the 3rd runner-up who never placed in the Bottom 2 while the winner of her season did, the others are Nina Flowers and Alaska.
- She's a fan of the video game franchise "Danganronpa" (her favorite game), as well as the music group LOOΠ∆.
- It was rumoured that she was asked to be on "All Stars 3", but declined.
- Season 11 contestant Soju was confused for Kim Chi, who later helped the new queen get some outfits.
- "I came to DESTROY EVERYONE, with my make-up."
- "Donut come for me!"
- "Naysha is dancing like a soccer mom. You can get the ball in the goal, kids!"
- "I'm not going to be ashamed of being hungry, I am hungry!"
- "I think you're kind of hot for a black guy, Naomi."
- "Naomi Smalls, your wardrobe reminds me of a legendary Drag Race queen... Nicole Paige Brooks." (on Season 8's "Reading is Fundamental" challenge, Season 8);
- "My name is Kim Chi, and say hello to yellow!"
- "This ad was paid out of my own pocket because no one cares. Do you?"
- "WHEN'S DINNER?!" (unaired winner acceptance speech on Season 8's finale)
- I came to chop suey the competition
Season 8 Looks
Holi-Slay Spectacular Looks
2nd & 3rd: Kim Chi & Naomi Smalls
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg