Kimora Blac is the stage name of Von Nguyen, a drag performer from Las Vegas, Nevada. She was one of the 14 queens to compete on the ninth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was the second queen to be eliminated and ended up finishing in 13th place.
"Is it me or is it hot in here?"
Drag Name Origin
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 9|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Eps. 2, 3)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 3|
In the first episode "Oh. My. Gaga!", Kimora was declared safe due to it being a non-elimination episode, but fans considered her to be one of the worst of the episode.
In the second episode "She Done Already Done Brought It On", Kimora struggled with sewing and stoning her cheer-leading costume and was negatively critiqued for her performance in the challenge as she faded into the background and was also read for her runway look, which was described as having too much going on and too colorful for the white party theme. Kimora was placed in the bottom two against Jaymes Mansfield and had to lip-sync to "Love Shack" by The B-52's. Kimora was saved while Jaymes was eliminated.
In the third episode "Draggily Ever After", Kimora expressed that she didn't know how to sew but seemed confident for the upcoming challenge. Kimora mentioned that she pays designers to make her outfits. Kimora received negative critiques for both her princess and sidekick, and was put in the bottom two again, this time against Aja to "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. Aja outshined Kimora, and Kimora was eliminated. In her post elimination interview, she mentioned that she also hated her sidekick. Kimora wasn't mad that she got eliminated, she was glad as she now has drag queen friends.
- "Kimora Blac is everyone's sexual preference."
- "Gay guys love me, straight guys love me."
- "What is a bloomer? It sounds disgusting."
- "I’m like…tired and hungry and I’ve got like…anxiety."
- "Stoning is for ugly girls."
- "What's an adjective?"
- "This isn't America's Next Top Sweatshop."
- "When you say cucu, is it, like, the hole or is it the butt?" (to Cynthia Lee Fontaine)
- "I haven't yet seen this infamous cucu of yours, and I need to see it, because if you're going to say cucu around me, you better make sure your looks better than mine." (referring to Cynthia Lee Fontaine's cucu phrase.)
- "Oh shit, I see a fucking hummingbird!" - in the "Queens Answer to a RuOst Questionnaire" video
- "Can you tell me what calligraphy is? What is that?"
- "You didn't say JK!" (in reply to Nina Bo'Nina Brown making fun of her performances in the reunion.)
- "I feel like...like I'm here, but it's just like I'm not here."
- "Thank god I'm pretty"
- "I'm pretty!" (Exit quote)
"Hey ladies, I ♡ you all! Sisters 4 ever! ♡ kimmy"
Season 9 Looks
- Kimora started Haus Of Blac.
- Kimora has a drag daughter named Amaya Blac.
- Kimora has had her lips done, and it's the only surgery she claims to have had done. However, many believe that she got her cheekbones done.
- Kimora is the first Vietnamese queen to compete on Drag Race.
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd/4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|