|La Más Draga|
La Más Draga (English Lit. Translation: The Draggest) is the first season of the reality show series transmitted by YouTube, produced by La Gran Diabla Producciones, and which is based on the format of the RuPaul's Drag Race show, adapted to Mexican pop culture.
The program shows the competition where it's looked for the "más draga", which means best drag queen, in Mexico (but this season focuses only on Mexico City) through runways, some challenges and a final performance.
This season saw the singer, actress, beauty queen and LGBT icon, Lorena Herrera as the main host and head judge of the show. In addition, Johnny Carmona (LGBT activist and social media celebrity), Yari Mejía (makeup artist, stylist and professional designer) and Letal (makeup artist and drag queen) were part of the panel of judges, which critiqued the progress of the contestants during the competition, along with various guest judges.
The theme song of the season was "Soy La Más", and it was interpreted by Lorena Herrera.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Lip Syncs
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 Navigation
(Ages and names stated are during time of contest)
|Age||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7|
|Deborah La Grande||Ramsés Molina||29||BTM2||SAFE||LOW||HIGH||BTM2||RUNNING||WINNER|
|Pablo Levy Morales||30||SAFE||LOW||WIN||LOW||HIGH||RUNNING||RUNNER|
(La Más Querida)
|Carlos Rodríguez Picón||28||WIN||ELIM||GST||GUEST||GUEST|
- █ The contestant won La Más Draga.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant won the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two & won the lip-sync for your life.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two, lost the lip-sync for your life and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two but neither one was eliminated.
- █ The contestant was voted Miss Congeniality by the fans.
- █ The contestant appeared as a guest, but was out of the running.
- █ The contestant appeared in this episode and was still in the running.
|1||Deborah La Grande
by Susana Zabaleta
|"Enferma de Amor"|
|"El Baile Del Sapito"|
by Regina Orozco
|5||Deborah La Grande
|vs.||Margaret Y Ya
|"Dos mujeres, un camino"
by Laura León
- █ The contestant was eliminated after their first time in the bottom.
- █ The contestant was eliminated after their second time in the bottom.
|Series #||Episode #||Episode Title||Air Date|
|1||1||La Más Diva||May 8, 2018|
|2||2||La Más Quinceañera||May 15, 2018|
|3||3||La Más Thalia||May 22, 2018|
|4||4||La Más Alebrije||May 29, 2018|
|5||5||La Más Dramática||June 5, 2018|
|6||6||Día de Muertas||June 12, 2018|
|7||7||La Gran Final||June 19, 2018|
Episode 1: "La Más Diva"
Airdate: May 8, 2018
- Guest Judges: Susana Zabaleta
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by divas and icons from the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
- Runway Theme: La Más Diva (Divas del Cine de Oro)
- Main Challenge Winner: Cordelia Durango
- Bottom Two: Debra Men and Deborah La Grande
- Lip Sync Song: "Bésame Mucho" by Susana Zabaleta
- Eliminated: None
|Debra Men||Pedro Infante|
|Bárbara Durango||Ninón Sevilla|
|Margaret Y Ya|
|Deborah La Grande||Tongolele|
|Cordelia Durango||Sara García|
|Lana||Elsa Aguirre / Mará Félix|
Episode 2: "La Más Quinceañera"
Airdate: May 15, 2018
- Guest Judges: Los Jonas Vloggers
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by the Quinceañera celebration.
- Runway Theme: La Más Quinceañera
- Main Challenge Winner: Margaret Y Ya
- Bottom Two: Cordelia Durango and Lana
- Lip Sync Songs:
- "Quinceañera" by Timbiriche
- "Enferma de Amor" by Jeans
- "El Baile Del Sapito" by Belinda
- Eliminated: Cordelia Durango
Episode 3: "La Más Thalia"
Airdate: May 22, 2018
- Guest Judge: Alfonso Waithsman
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by famous mexican singer Thalía.
- Runway Theme: La Más Thalía
- Main Challenge Winner: Eva Blunt
- Bottom Two: Bárbara Durango and Debra Men
- Lip Sync Songs: "Arrasando" by Thalía
- Eliminated: Debra Men
Episode 4: "La Más Alebrije"
Airdate: May 29, 2018
- Special Guest: Chio and Cordelia Durango
- Guest Judges: Regina Orozco
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by the bright and colorful folkloristic crafts called Alebrijes.
- Runway Theme: La Más Alebrije
- Main Challenge Winner: Margaret Y Ya
- Bottom Two: Lana and Bárbara Durango
- Lip Sync Song: "Cielo Rojo" by Regina Orozco
- Eliminated: Lana
Episode 5: "La Más Dramática"
Airdate: June 5, 2018
- Main Challenge: Act in a scene inspired by iconic moments of the Mexican telenovela "Mujeres engañadas".
- Runway Theme: La Más Dramática
- Main Challenge Winner: Bárbara Durango
- Bottom Two: Deborah La Grande and Margaret Y Ya
- Lip Sync Song: "Dos mujeres, un camino" by Laura León
- Eliminated: None
|Role||Sketch #1||Sketch #2|
|Mother:||Deborah La Grande||Bárbara Durango|
|Daughter:||Margaret Y Ya||Eva Blunt|
Top Four of Season 1
|Queen||Challenges Wins||Up For Elimination|
|1 (Ep. 5)||2 (Eps. 3, 4)|
|0||2 (Eps. 1, 5)|
|1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|2 (Eps. 2, 4)||1 (Ep. 5)|
Episode 6: "Día de Muertas"
Airdate: June 12, 2018
Synopsis: All contestants are reunited to discuss their career inside and out the show, as well as tell their beginnings in drag with Lorena Herrera as host.
- Runway Theme: Día de Muertas
- Topics: Cordelia's real and drag family, Lana's insecurity, Eva's fashion, how long the queens have been doing drag, Margaret explains her drag name and character.
Episode 7: "La Gran Final"
Airdate: June 19, 2018
Synopsis: The four finalists each perform a special lip sync number in front of a jury and a live audience.
- Special Guests: Paris Bang Bang
- Guest Judges: Manu NNa, Cesar Doroteo "Teo" (from Pepe y Teo), Vanessa Claudio, Alex Córdova, Manelyk González, Quique Galdeano, Alfonso Waithsman
- Finale Challenge: The four finalist have to produce, direct, and star in their own original performance, and then present a look inspired by Mexican culture.
- Finale Runway Theme: Lo Que Más Amo de México
- Winner of La Más Draga Season 1: Deborah La Grande
- Runners-Up: Bárbara Durango, Eva Blunt and Margaret Y Ya
- La Más Querida (Miss Congeniality): Debra Men
Finale Runway Inspirations and Performances
|Bárbara Durango||Virgen de la Candelaria||"Bemba Colorá"|
by Celia Cruz
|Eva Blunt||Tehuana||"La Bruja"|
by Salma Hayek
by Ms Nina ft. Beauty Brain
|"Impossible (Jax Jones Remix)"|
by Lion Babe
|Margaret Y Ya||Mexico's Coat of Arms||"Cómo Puedes Vivir Contigo Mismo?"|
by Alex Anwandter
|Deborah La Grande||Frida Kahlo||"The Girl From Ipanema"|
by Ray Conniff
|"Soy La Más"|
by Lorena Herrera
|"Todos Me Miran"|
by Gloria Trevi
by Lila Downs
|"Dos Mujeres un Camino"|
by Laura León
- This is the first season of any drag competition...
- with only 7 contestants.
- with a double save on its premiere.
- to crown a queen with no challenge wins.
- where the first out (Cordelia Durango) has a maxi challenge win.
- where the winner (Deborah La Grande, 0) has less wins than the first eliminated queen (Cordelia Durango, 1).
- to have more finalists than eliminated queens.
- All the contestants were already friends before the competition.
- Letal's drag persona was created specifically for the show.
- Before filming had started, the contestants had to spend approximately two hours sitting blindfolded.
- Contestants could see the lip syncs from behind the curtains.
- According to Margaret, a queen fell during the Alebrije runway. This queen was revealed to be Eva on a behind the scenes video.
- After the season aired, all contestants along with judges Johnny Carmona and Yari Mejía went on a tour all over Mexico called "El Chou Para Llevar".
La Más Draga Season 1
|Winner||Deborah La Grande|
|Runners-Up||2nd, 3rd & 4th: Bárbara Durango, Eva Blunt & Margaret Y Ya|
|Other Queens||5th: Lana • 6th: Debra Men (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Cordelia Durango|
|Judges||Letal • Johnny Carmona • Lorena Herrera • Yari Mejía|
|Models||Dadvian Esparza Rios (Veneno)|