|La Más Draga|
The first season of La Más Draga was officially announced on May 1, 2018 and premiered one week later on May 8. Transmitted by YouTube and produced by La Gran Diabla Producciones, the program showed the competition to find La Más Draga, which means best drag queen, in Mexico (though this season only featured contestants from Mexico City) through runways, some challenges and a final performance.
This season featured the singer, actress, beauty queen and LGBT icon, Lorena Herrera as the main host and head judge of the show. In addition, Johnny Carmona (LGBT activist and social media celebrity), Yari Mejía (makeup artist, stylist and professional designer) and Letal (makeup artist and drag queen) were part of the panel of judges, which critiqued the progress of the contestants during the competition, along with various guest judges.
At the end of the seventh episode, Deborah La Grande was crowned as the winner, with Bárbara Durango, Eva Blunt and Margaret Y Ya placing as runners-up. Debra Men was crowned as Miss Congeniality (La Más Querida).
About The Show
LA MÁS DRAGA is a space created to discover, appreciate and applaud the wonderful world of Mexican drag. In this first season we will meet the participants of this reality show that is looking for the most feminosa, the most fabulous, the most glamorous drag queen in CDMX.
(Biographical information stated from during time of contest)
|Rank||Contestant||Photo||Real Name||Age||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7|
|Deborah La Grande||Ramsés Molina Sánchez||29||BTM2||SAFE||LOW||HIGH||BTM2||RUN||WINNER|
|Bárbara Durango||Ricardo Martínez Hernández||27||LOW||SAFE||BTM2||BTM2||WIN||RUN||RUNNER|
|Eva Blunt||Pablo Levy Morales León||30||SAFE||LOW||WIN||LOW||HIGH||RUN||RUNNER|
|Margaret Y Ya||Eduardo Peltier Márquez||23||HIGH||WIN||HIGH||WIN||BTM2||RUN||RUNNER|
|5th||Lana||Alan Jesús Cruz Bustos||24||SAFE||BTM2||HIGH||ELIM||GUEST||GUEST|
(La Más Querida)
|Debra Men||Ángel Hernández Moncada||26||BTM2||HIGH||ELIM||GUEST||LMQ|
|7th||Cordelia Durango||Carlos Rodríguez Picón||28||WIN||ELIM||GUEST||GUEST||GUEST|
- █ The contestant won La Más Draga.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant won the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom and won the lip-sync for your life.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom, lost the lip-sync for your life and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two but neither one was eliminated.
- █ The contestant was voted "La Más Querida" (a title equivalent to "Miss Congeniality") by the fans.
- █ The contestant appeared as a guest, but was out of the running.
- █ The contestant appeared on the "Reunion" episode and was still in the running.
|1||Deborah La Grande
by Susana Zabaleta
|"Enferma de Amor"|
|"El Baile Del Sapito"|
by Regina Orozco
|5||Deborah La Grande
|vs.||Margaret Y Ya
|"Dos mujeres, un camino"
by Laura León
- █ The contestant was eliminated after their first time in the bottom.
- █ The contestant was eliminated after their second time in the bottom.
|Series #||Episode #||Episode Title||Airdate|
|1||1||La Más Diva||May 8, 2018|
|2||2||La Más Quinceañera||May 15, 2018|
|3||3||La Más Thalía||May 22, 2018|
|4||4||La Más Alebrije||May 29, 2018|
|5||5||La Más Dramática||June 5, 2018|
|6||6||Día de Muertas||June 12, 2018|
|7||7||La Gran Final||June 19, 2018|
Episode 1: "La Más Diva"
Airdate: May 8, 2018
- Guest Judge: Susana Zabaleta
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by divas and icons from the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
- Runway Theme: La Más Diva (Divas del Cine de Oro)
- Main Challenge Winner: Cordelia Durango
- Bottom Two: Debra Men and Deborah La Grande
- Lip Sync Song: "Bésame Mucho" by Susana Zabaleta
- Eliminated: None
|Debra Men||Pedro Infante|
|Bárbara Durango||Ninón Sevilla|
|Margaret Y Ya|
|Deborah La Grande||Tongolele|
|Cordelia Durango||Sara García|
Episode 2: "La Más Quinceañera"
Airdate: May 15, 2018
- Special Guest: Pedro Gea
- Guest Judges: Los Jonas Vloggers
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by the Quinceañera celebration.
- Runway Theme: La Más Quinceañera
- Main Challenge Winner: Margaret Y Ya
- Bottom Two: Cordelia Durango and Lana
- Lip Sync Songs:
- "Quinceañera" by Timbiriche
- "Enferma de Amor" by Jeans
- "El Baile Del Sapito" by Belinda
- Eliminated: Cordelia Durango
Episode 3: "La Más Thalía"
Airdate: May 22, 2018
- Guest Judge: Alfonso Waithsman
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by famous mexican singer Thalía.
- Runway Theme: La Más Thalía
- Main Challenge Winner: Eva Blunt
- Bottom Two: Bárbara Durango and Debra Men
- Lip Sync Song: "Arrasando" by Thalía
- Eliminated: Debra Men
|Deborah La Grande||"Love" Alternative Album Cover|
|Bárbara Durango||"Amor a la Mexicana"|
|Debra Men||"Gracias a Dios"|
|Margaret Y Ya||María la del Barrio|
|Love Album Photoshoot|
|Eva Blunt||"Gracias a Dios"|
Episode 4: "La Más Alebrije"
Airdate: May 29, 2018
- Special Guests: Chio and Cordelia Durango
- Guest Judge: Regina Orozco
- Main Challenge: Present a look inspired by the bright and colorful folkloristic crafts called Alebrijes.
- Runway Theme: La Más Alebrije
- Main Challenge Winner: Margaret Y Ya
- Bottom Two: Lana and Bárbara Durango
- Lip Sync Song: "Cielo Rojo" by Regina Orozco
- Eliminated: Lana
Episode 5: "La Más Dramática"
Airdate: June 5, 2018
- Special Guest: Quecho Muñoz
- Main Challenge: Act in a scene inspired by iconic moments of the Mexican telenovela "Mujeres Engañadas".
- Runway Theme: La Más Dramática
- Main Challenge Winner: Bárbara Durango
- Bottom Two: Deborah La Grande and Margaret Y Ya
- Lip Sync Song: "Dos mujeres, un camino" by Laura León
- Eliminated: None
|Deborah La Grande||Rosa García||Rosa Salvaje|
|Margaret Y Ya||Patito||Patito Feo|
|Bárbara Durango||Támara de la Colina||El Privilegio de Amar|
|Eva Blunt||María Guadalupe||Lazos de Amor|
|Role||Sketch #1||Sketch #2|
|Mother:||Deborah La Grande||Bárbara Durango|
|Daughter:||Margaret Y Ya||Eva Blunt|
Top Four of Season 1
|Queen||Challenge Wins||Up For Elimination|
|1 (Ep. 5)||2 (Eps. 3, 4)|
|0||2 (Eps. 1, 5)|
|1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|2 (Eps. 2, 4)||1 (Ep. 5)|
Episode 6: "Día de Muertas"
Airdate: June 12, 2018
- Runway Theme: Día de Muertas
- Cordelia's real and drag family.
- Debra's upbringing and chola character.
- Lana's insecurity.
- Deborah explains her drag name and recounts her theatre background.
- Eva's fashion and dancing skills.
- How long the queens have been doing drag
- Bárbara's rocky relationships with many fellow queens, including several contestants.
- Margaret explains her drag name and character.
- The Top 4 and their plans for the finale.
Episode 7: "La Gran Final"
Airdate: June 19, 2018
- Special Guests: Paris Bang Bang & Rhoma Queen
- Guest Judges: Manunna, Cesar Doroteo "Teo" (from Pepe y Teo), Vanessa Claudio, Alex Córdova, Manelyk González, Quique Galdeano & Alfonso Waithsman
- Finale Challenge: The four finalists have to produce, direct, and star in their own original performance, and then present a look inspired by Mexican culture.
- Finale Runway Theme: Lo Que Más Amo de México
- La Más Querida (Miss Congeniality): Debra Men
- Winner of La Más Draga Season 1: Deborah La Grande
- Runners-Up: Bárbara Durango, Eva Blunt and Margaret Y Ya
Finale Runway Inspirations and Performances
|Bárbara Durango||Virgen de la Candelaria||"Bemba Colorá" by Celia Cruz|
|Eva Blunt||Tehuana||"La Bruja" by Salma Hayek|
|"Tu Sicaria" by Ms Nina ft. Beauty Brain|
|"Impossible (Jax Jones Remix)" by Lion Babe|
|Margaret Y Ya||Mexico's Coat of Arms||"Cómo Puedes Vivir Contigo Mismo?" by Alex Anwandter|
|"Ella" by Bebe|
|Deborah La Grande||Frida Kahlo||"The Girl From Ipanema" by Ray Conniff|
|"Soy La Más" by Lorena Herrera|
|"Todos Me Miran" by Gloria Trevi|
|"Loba" by Shakira|
|"Urge" by Lila Downs|
|"Dos Mujeres un Camino" by Laura León|
|Lorena Herrera and the Season 1 Cast||"Soy La Más" by Lorena Herrera|
|Rhoma Queen||"Las Simples Cosas" by Chavela Vargas|
|Manelyk with Cordelia, Debra and Lana||"Se Acabó" by Manelyk|
- This is the first season of any drag competition...
- with only 7 contestants.
- with a double save on its premiere.
- to crown a queen with no challenge wins.
- where the first out (Cordelia Durango) has a maxi challenge win.
- where the winner (Deborah La Grande, 0) has less wins than the first eliminated queen (Cordelia Durango, 1).
- to have more finalists than eliminated queens.
- Due to all contestants being already friends before the competition, they all knew who would be competing.
- This is currently the only season of La Más Draga where the promos were filmed before the first episode.
- The entire set for this season was built by only five people, including the two producers. Due to this, the set wasn't actually finished until the filming of the third episode.
- As mentioned by the contestants on the first episode, before filming had started, they had to spend approximately two hours sitting blindfolded.
- Several of the original songs planned for the lipsyncs before filming began had to be changed for unknown reasons. The original songs that ended up being changed were:
- Episode 2 - "La Pachanga" by Laura León
- Episode 4 - "Tu Sí Sabes Quererme" by Natalia Lafourcade
- Episode 5 - "De Mí Enamórate" by Daniela Romo
- "De Mi Enamórate" would later be used on Episode 7 of La Más Draga 3.
- Contestants could see the lip syncs from behind the curtains.
- According to Margaret, a queen fell during the Alebrije runway. This queen was revealed to be Eva on a behind the scenes video.
- After the season aired, all contestants along with judges Johnny Carmona and Yari Mejía went on a tour all over Mexico called "El Chou Para Llevar".
Guest Judges Promos
La Más Draga Season 1
|Winner||Deborah La Grande|
|Runners-Up||2nd, 3rd & 4th: Bárbara Durango, Eva Blunt & Margaret Y Ya|
|Other Queens||5th: Lana • 6th: Debra Men (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Cordelia Durango|
|Judges||Letal • Johnny Carmona • Lorena Herrera • Yari Mejía|
|Models||Dadvian Esparza Rios (Veneno)|