RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 6|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 1, 7)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Eps. 5, 8)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 8|
Laganja is known for her weed themed costumes when performing, although these weren't shown on the show due to the shows drug-free atmosphere, and for her fashion choices when out of drag as well.
As a member of the Haus Of Edwards, Laganja has mastered the signature tongue pop that her drag mother Alyssa is so well known for.
During the filming of the show, viewers learned of Jay's issues with his parents when a video message was shown in the Gold Bar of Jay's parents where they told him that they had researched drag and now supported him. In Late December 2013, a photo of Jay and his mother was uploaded to Laganja's Instagram with the caption "My Mom finally went #highheel shopping with me for the first time ever and bought me three pairs of hooker boots!! What an incredible way to end 2013, I am truly so lucky to have both my parents!"
In April 2014, Alyssa Edwards and Laganja traveled together to perform in London, Glasgow, and Aberdeen. Since then, Laganja has also toured Bolivia and more locations across the Americas. Laganja performs solo or with two friends that are known as "Barbie's Addictions", the trio are known as "GanjaBabes". The signature moves include death drops, high kicks, twirling, and splits. Laganja has also been featured on "Got Beat", performed by Kraack ft. Laganja Estranja, Cool J & Lisa Wicker, as well as releasing her own song on the Covergurlz album, where she covered RuPaul's "Jealous Of My Boogie". Laganja Estranja has also featured on "Gold Grillz BBQ" with Melanie Fontaine, with Barbie's Addictions accompanying her for the music video.
Laganja's talents include splits, twirling, and contortion. She is a trained dancer in ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip hop, jive, and foxtrot. She is also skilled in rapping, acting, modeling, make up, styling, cinematography, music editing, filming, choreography, musical theater, and nailography,
Laganja was the first queen of Season 6 to begin selling merchandise via her website. She has collaborated with X-TAR cosmetics to create her own line of eye shadows and with Littered Nation to create a line of 48K gold jewelry, called "Laganja is My Hero".
In March 2015, Laganja and her drag family members, Alyssa Edwards and Shangela Laquifa Wadley, began their House Of Edwards International Tour, traveling to Europe and Australia, as well as select North American dates. Laganja's song "LEGS" ft. Rye Dye popped March 2, the same date as the premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7, and is available on Amazon.
In 2016, Laganja developed #LaganjasDanceSchool, which is a class dedicated to hip-hop choreography, and gaining confidence. It has traveled internationally to cities such as Manchester, Nottingham, London, Newcastle, Dublin, Lima, Mexico City, and Amsterdam. The class is also held several times a month at The Basement Center of NoHo in North Hollywood.
Jackson grew up in Dallas, Texas before moving to California and receiving a Bachelor of Fine Arts in dance/choreography/ nailography at the California Institute of Fine Arts. Laganja Estranja came to be when Alyssa Edwards put Jay into drag as he looked up to and admired Alyssa. Jay was working for Justin (Alyssa) at his dance studio, #BeyondBelief, as a choreographer at the time, and had also worked for Justin's competitor, Davenport.
In December 2012, Laganja competed in her first contest at Micky's in West Hollywood, California, and won a monthly spot as an official performer in "Showgirls, the Rusical". Since then, she's been sweeping out the competition and has received numerous titles such as Drag Idol, Queen of Dallas, and 2055 Top Newcomer. Laganja is a returning performer at Micky's, Hamburger Mary's WeHo, The Abbey, Rage, 340 Nightclub, VIP Riverside, Toucan's Tiki Lounge, and Hamburger Mary's Westfield. Additionally, Laganja has also appeared as a contortionist alongside Christina Aguilera for the American Music Awards, as a "Glamazon" for photographer Austin Young, and as a featured actress in Nana Ganja's "L.A. Rising". She also has her own Dance classes in WeHo.
- "Oh y'all wanted a twist, 'ey? C'mon season 6, let's get sickeningggg!! YAAASS!"
- *Tongue pop*
- "Come on natch!"
- "Yas gawd!"
- "Now it is very dry y'all, it's almost kinda like your vagina."
- "I FEEL VERY ATTACKED!"
- "This is just too fucking much!"
- "Can y'all get my fucking nail that fell off, because I'm SUCH a disaster!"
- "Well I'm young and I'm hung and I clearly march to the sound of my own drum, so props to ya, mawma!"
- "HEY HEY HEY HEY! Put cha' lighters up, Ganja's in the house! AAAOOOOOWW!"
- "Because if it ain't green, HUH, I'm not interested, OKAAAAAY?!"
Season 6 Looks
- Laganja has competed on the 15th season of "So You Think You Can Dance" in June 2018. This makes Laganja the fourth queen to compete on another non-drag reality show. The first three were Courtney Act, Adore Delano and Alaska.
- Laganja is the second longest-lasting contestant to never place high or low during their run on the show, having either won the challenge, been safe or been in the bottom two for all seven episodes she was present. She is surpassed only by Bob the Drag Queen, who lasted all eight episodes.
- Laganja has stated that she will never return for All Stars, and has also made it very clear to World of Wonder. Her reason is that what she went through while competing on Season 6 was very intense. But she has said she would love to come back as a cameo, like Alyssa Edwards as a dance coach.
- Laganja was on the 13th Episode of Germany's next Top Model Season 13.
- Although Laganja has stated that she would never return for All Stars, she was invited to All Stars 4. She declined.
- Laganja has stated that there is a possibility that she will return for All Stars 6.
- Laganja's Site | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Laganja Estranja on YouTube | Apple Music | Wikipedia
4th: Darienne Lake • 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Ms. Congeniality) • 6th Joslyn Fox • 7th: Trinity K. Bonet • 8th: Laganja Estranja • 9th: Milk • 10th: Gia Gunn • 11th: April Carrión • 12th: Vivacious • 13th & 14th: Magnolia Crawford & Kelly Mantle
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood