Laila McQueen got her stage name at age 17. "Laila" has a few meanings (mostly "night" in Arabic, and "holy" in some Sami languages), and was given from a friend of hers, who thought that it would be a pretty name for a stripper. "McQueen" comes from the fashion designer, Alexander McQueen.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 1, 2)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 2|
In Episode 1, "Keeping it 100", Laila did poorly in the photoshoot mini challenge with the past winners and her photo was deemed the worst of the group. She was described as looking like the "Hamburglar" for her walk and awkwardness in the photoshoot. For her throw-back runway she was assigned the "Rupocalypse Now!" design challenge from Season 4. Michelle Visage critiqued her bottom half of the look to be "basic" (however her look was well received by fans) and her photo secured her a spot in the bottom 2. She lip-synced against Naysha Lopez to "Applause" by Lady Gaga and her sexual and fiery performance earned her a 2nd chance in the competition. In Episode 2, "Bitch Perfect", she was chosen for the team "Lady Bitches". She under performed in the main stage challenge and the judges again critiqued her for not standing out and being too shy. After an underwhelming performance to "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor against Dax ExclamationPoint, she was sent home along with Dax in the 2nd ever double elimination in the show's herstory.
"Alright ladies, let's turn up the juice and see what shakes loose!"
- "Hey, bitch!"
- "This isn't the last you'll see of Laila McQueen." (Season 8 Exit Quote)
"You're all the biggest pack of freaks and I'm so "happy" to call you "family". But actually, I love you all & can't wait for the future with you! PS. 1 less MADONNA xoxo Laila!"
- Tyler has the same birthday as Bob The Drag Queen.
- Tyler's height is 5'6" (1,67 m).
- Tyler graduated from the New Hampshire Institute of Art in 2015. He does paintings with oil or watercolor, screen printing, digital art, printmaking, boot and jacket art, collages, and more.
- He has an anxiety disorder called "Misophonia" which means negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions can be triggered by specific sounds. He also fears turkeys and sharks.
- She did her first official drag gig the day after she turned 18.
- She met RuPaul before Season 8.
- Before being on the show she used to hand-make all of her merchandise.
- Her biggest inspirations are Marilyn Manson, Freddie Mercury, Candy Darling, Divine, Keith Haring, Andy Warhol, and the character "Beetlejuice".
- Her favorite songs to perform are "Tainted Love" by Marilyn Manson and "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.
- Her favorite drag queens are Raja, Detox, Jackie Beat, Katya, Fena Barbitall, Aquaria, Didi Maquiaveli, Rubber Child, Divine, and the queens of her season.
- Dax ExclamationPoint and her were both a part of the second-ever double elimination on the show;
- Laila was also the first contestant to win a Lip-Sync for your Life and be part of a double elimination as well.
- Laila would have done either Betsy Johnson, Courtney Love, or Theresa Caputo for the Snatch Game.
Season 8 Looks
- (2016) ''RuPaul's Drag Race", on Season 8
- (2016) ''Untucked", on Season 8
- (2016) ''Transformations"
- (2019) ''RuPaul's Drag Race out of the Closet"
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg