During her debut season, Manila proved to be a force to be reckoned with. She showed a wide-set of different skills that solidified her status as a front-runner. Luzon took part in some of the show's most infamous moments; such as her well-known fashion statements, being apart of The Heathers clique and her lip-sync against Delta Work. These achievements proved her worthy of being a finalist for the crown, where she narrowly lost to good friend and Heather clique-mate Raja during the finale, where she came in second place.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Seasons Competed:||Season 3||All Stars 1||All Stars 4|
|Ranking:||2nd Place||7th/8th Place||6th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 4, 9, 10)||0||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 4)||0||0|
|Times Placed High||4 (Eps. 2, 7, 10, 11)||0||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Main Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 5, 12, 13)||1 (Ep. 1)||3 (Eps. 3, 4, 5)|
|Times Placed Low||1 (Ep. 9)||0||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 8)||2 (Ep. 2, 3)||1 (Ep. 8)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 15||Episode 3||Episode 8|
After her appearance on the show, Manila has remained very active within the LGBT community. She has been a strong activist in terms of AIDS support and research-She headlined the University of Philippines Alumni in Minnesota. In a television ad called "Red Ribbon Runway", she appeared in a designer gown that was later auctioned by Logo to fund AIDS research. Buzzfeed ranked her of the 27 Filipinos who make you proud to be Pinoy.
Manila has released eight chart-topping bestselling musical singles, "Hot Couture", "The Chop" (with Latrice Royale), "Best XXXccessory", "Lady Marmalade" (Cover with the Heathers), "Bring it" (with Jinkx Monsoon), "One Night in Bangkok", "Eternal Queen" and "Helen Keller" (with Cazwell).
She also has appeared as a professor on RuPaul's Drag U. She is one of the most successful and popular queens from all the seasons of the show.
She was named the No.6 most liked queen and the No.8 fastest rising queen on Drag Official. She has been verified as a celebrity on Facebook and Twitter. Manila was voted on to All Stars by fans. Even Dragopolis, the Drag Race themed game, has a section where you can actually be Manila and fight puppets. Her wit, talent and upbeat attitude are very popular with her fans (nicknamed "Fanilas").
Luzon was in a relationship with Season 2's Sahara Davenport for six years prior to his death. Davenport died at John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland on October 1, 2012, due to heart failure. The first episode of All Stars 1 was dedicated to Davenport and, during the episode, Luzon stated that she would do her best to carry on Davenport's legacy as well as thanking her friends, family, and fans for their support through the grieving. She then released the song "Eternal Queen" as a tribute to Davenport.
On November 16, after several years together, she proposed to her boyfriend, Michael Alvarez in the middle of a performance at LemonLab in Santiago, Chile. The couple wed at the Silver Bells Wedding Chapel, with an Elvis impersonator as the officiant on December 24, 2017.
- "Besides, Sahara didn't win — and I'm going to!"
- "What the hell is she thinking? You can't be lifting up drag queens."
- "Shangela might be jealous, but that's just because Shangela looked more like Rum Tum Tugger from Cats, then she did Tina Turner." (referring to Shangela's Snatch Game impersonation.)
- "Shangela stacked the cards to put people under the bus. I don't believe a word she's saying and she's not keeping it real." (in Untucked Season 3, Episode 8 "Ru Ha Ha".)
- "Don't compare yourself to us."
- "Without our fans, we're just like drag queens, boring drag queens."
- "Come on, she can't touch this."
- "Try something new - do it with an Indian guy!"
- "Oh, I'm so glad you covered up your face."
- "Is this bitch for real?!?"
- "Wait a minute! How do you not know what you're signing up for? You're already did this girl!" (to Mimi Imfurst during Untucked All Stars 1, Episode 1.)
- “Oh, Mimi’s doing the costume change. The big reveal. THE BIG REVEAL! Oh… that’s it?”
- "I don't understand! What's she's talking about?"
- "No, I'm 6 feet tall and Ongina is the literal size of a fricking Barbie doll and she doesn't have hair. And nobody could confuse me with Jujubee because I had her killed."
- "The thing I have, that you haven't seen on your show is that I'm Asian - and I am taller than 5'2!"
- "How dare you!"
- "She's always hallelooing" (About Shangela)
- "Latrila is back in da house!" (All Stars 4 Entrance quote)
- "You're an ass and your makeup is shit!" (to Monique Heart during the Reading is Fundamental challenge)
- "What's up, Doc?"
- "I swear. Shit." (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "Tiffani, with two Is, dotted with hearts." (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "I feel like a strippa!" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "I look like a dog!" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "They wouldn't even let me in the store because I wasn't a service animal!" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "I've waited 20 years to come back looking like this sexy, hot, bitch, and now I just look like a frickin' bitch!" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "Correction Ru, that's always will be a double all-star!"
- Manila is the first and only queen to win the first challenge (AS1), the Snatch Game (AS4), the Makeover (S3), and the Ball (S3) throughout her entire Drag Race run.
- She was the second queen to win all the 3 challenges that the fandom considers are the most important ones (The Snatch Game, Makeover and Ball) throughout her entire Drag Race run, with Chad Michaels being the first one.
- She stated in her "Feeling Fruity" episode, that she identified as bisexual, before realizing that she was gay.
- In All Stars 4, she even shared names of some of her high school ex-girlfriends, whom she dated prior to officially coming out; These were: Christine, Elizabeth, and Alaya.
- She had her first kiss with her high school girlfriend, who was a year older than her, due to Manila's romantic preference, at the time, being older women. She described the experience as "thrilling", but also admitted, that she would never kiss a girl again.
- Her black and blond streak hair was not always her look, as she used to switch between black wigs and blond wigs. Her signature hair was actually suggested by Sahara Davenport before she was casted for Season 3.
- She is lactose intolerant, as she stated on the behind the scenes on her music video for "Ice Cream".
- She has no drag mother. But she considers RuPaul, Ongina, and the early NYC-scene as her inspiration in doing drag.
- Manila is the first queen to have 3 challenges wins in a regular season and 3 challenge wins in an All Star season.
- Manila's combined 7 challenge wins ties her with BenDeLaCreme and Trinity The Tuck for most number of challenges won across multiple American seasons.
- She is the fifth queen to win 3 consecutive challenges, after Chad Michaels and Shannel (Team Shad) in All Stars 1, Alaska in All Stars 2, and BenDeLaCreme in All Stars 3.
- She was planning to wear a maxi pad dress for the Curves and Swerves: Padded for the Gods runway in All Stars 4 as a campy yet bold approach to the theme, but production told her not to wear it after she initially asked for permission. Her outfit on the show was her backup option. Ru also stated that the maxi pad dress was in "bad taste."
- She later posted a picture of her modeling the dress on her Instagram page. This became, at the time, the most-liked Instagram post by any queen who had ever competed on Drag Race, having received over 368,000 likes.
- Manila is the first queen to win a maxi challenge on three different seasons of Drag Race, and she has since been followed by Latrice Royale.
- Manila, along with Monét X Change, is one of the first two queens to receive immunity following a win since Season 5, as well as the first queen to receive immunity in two separate seasons.
- Manila, Detox, BenDeLaCreme and Miz Cracker are the only queens to get all three types of wins on an All Stars season: win both the challenge and the lipsync, win the challenge but lose the lipsync, and have a lip sync tie.
- She reached 1 million followers on Instagram on February 10, 2019, becoming the 18th queen in herstory to reach this milestone.
- She is also the first (and thus far, only) queen who competed on All Stars 1 that has at least 1 million Instagram followers.
- Manila is the second queen to have been both a winner (Season 3) and eliminated (All Stars 4) on the makeover challenge, after Monét X Change.
- Manila's Drag Niece (in-law) is Season 11's Honey Davenport.
- Manila was one of the RuPaul's Drag Race "Legends" brought back for the photoshoot mini-challenge on Episode 1 of Season 11. She was paired up with her Drag Niece-in-Law, Honey Davenport.
- She is the first drag queen host of the Pit Stop not to have won a season.
- Manila currently co-hosts a podcast with All Stars 1 team-mate Latrice Royale called "The Chop", executive produced by Alaska and Willam, on the ForeverDog and Moguls of Media networks. The show (inspired by Alaska and Willam's Race Chaser podcast) reviews each episode of Canada's Drag Race and Drag Race Holland with the two queens each giving their "top" and "chop" moments of each episode. Both Alaska and Willam have appeared as guests on the podcast.
House of Davenport
|Sahara Davenport †|
Lady Deja Davenport
Armani Nicole Davenport
Silkie O'Hara Monroe
|Jiggly Caliente||Honey Davenport||Chi Chi DeVayne †||A'keria C. Davenport|
Shaniya Ellis Narcisse
|Bob The Drag Queen||Monét X Change|
Sasha Pierce Davenport
Season 3 Looks
All Stars 1 Looks
All Stars 4 Looks
- Manila's Official Website
- Manila's Facebook
- Manila's Twitter
- Manila's Instagram
- Manila's YouTube Channel
- Manila on Wikipedia
- Manila on Spotify
2nd: Manila Luzon • 3rd: Alexis Mateo
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Carmen Carrera • 6th: Shangela • 7th: Delta Work • 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews • 9th: Mariah • 10th: India Ferrah • 11th: Mimi Imfurst • 12th: Phoenix • 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales
|Monét X Change & Trinity The Tuck|
|3rd & 4th: Monique Heart & Naomi Smalls|
|5th: Latrice Royale • 6th: Manila Luzon • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Gia Gunn • 9th: Farrah Moan • 10th: Jasmine Masters|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|