Max Malanaphy, known simply as Max during her time on RuPaul's Drag Race, is a drag performer from OZ. Best known for being a contestant on Season 7 of RuPaul's Drag Race, coming in at 8th originally but then moved to 9th due to Trixie Mattel re-entering the competition. Max was born in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and was 22 years old during Season 7.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 7|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 3)|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 3)|
|Times Placed High||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 3, 5)|
|Times Placed Low||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 7|
"Well! It's about time."
Drag Name Origin
Max came from her real name Max Malanaphy instead of a drag name because nothing felt right and he felt that he need the authenticity. She goes by only the first name because she felt that Malanaphy is a silly drag name.
- "Positive energies... Positive energies...!"
- "It's a Drag competition; if you're not optimistic and having fun then you're not doing it right!"
- "Here's some Shakespeare shit."
- "I'm Max; a starlet on the rise."
- "I feel very uncomfortable right now"
- "That energy can't be in this situation"
- (singing) "C'mon everybody and get the fuck out of my way! Boom, boom, boom, boom"
- (singing) "This chair has my name on it, this chair has my name on it. I am gonna come and sit."
- (singing with Violet) "Boop boop" "And I'm 'bout to punch somebody in the face" "And they re-arranged the furniture and I don't know where to go" "Let me get my drink"
- "They're all very sexual."
- "$5,000.00? Girl, if you had not told me that I would have guessed you got that off like the clearance rack at Cache." (referring to Ginger Minj's runway gown in Untucked in Episode 5.)
- "You're so much more than a joke about your personality."
- Max is the youngest queen that competed in season 7, being 22 years old at the time of competing. She is only 11 days younger than season 7 winner, Violet Chachki.
- Max is the lowest placing contestant to win two Maxi-Challenges, in 9th place. Next in line are Shangela in Season 3 and Nina West in Season 11, who both won two Maxi-Challenges and ultimately placed 6th.
- Max, and fellow Season 7 contestant and winner Violet Chachki, were the first queens to impersonate a former Drag Race contestant on the Snatch Game. Max portrayed Season 4 winner Sharon Needles.
- Max and Trixie Mattel were in the University of Milwaukee theater department, and were in the show No, No, Nanette together.
- Max likes to snowboard.
- Max has kept several different kinds of pets, including snakes, rabbits, and reptiles.
- Max has an iguana named Smaegs
- Max is a fan of Miranda Sings and was originally going to portray her in the Snatch Game.
- Max used to be able to speak some Spanish but has mostly forgotten it.
- There is a running joke of Max having a fake British accent, but it’s more of elocution like the Old Hollywood movie stars were trained to use.
- Max is very open to doing All-Stars. Despite being highly requested by the fanbase to compete on All-Stars, she supposedly did not get the call for any All-Stars season after Season 7.
- Max was reportedly "done dirty" by the producers during her season. In the Snatch Game episode on the runway, Max had a moment when she needed to adjust her corset because it was too tight, and while she was sitting on the ground doing so, the episode shows a clip of her bursting into song seemingly unprovoked. However, despite us not seeing or hearing anyone prompt Max, according to her in an interview, it was not that awkward of a moment when it happened. She said, "It's not exactly what happened."
Season 7 Looks
4th: Kennedy Davenport • 5th: Katya (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Trixie Mattel • 7th: Miss Fame • 8th: Jaidynn Diore Fierce • 9th: Max • 10th: Kandy Ho • 11th: Mrs. Kasha Davis • 12th: Jasmine Masters • 13th: Sasha Belle • 14th: Tempest DuJour
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg