Mayhem Miller is the stage name of Dequan Johnson, a drag performer from Riverside, California. Mayhem competed on the tenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race where she was the fifth queen to be eliminated, placing 10th.
On May 8, 2020, it was announced that she would be competing in All Stars 5. She was the fourth queen to be eliminated, meaning that she placed 7th.
Drag Name Origin
Her first name "Mayhem" is a reference to Tommy Lee's "MAYHEM" tattoo across his stomach. She adopted the name after watching Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson's sex tape.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10||All Stars 5|
|Ranking:||10th Place||7th Place|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Times Placed High||1 (Ep. 2)||1 (Ep. 3)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 1)||0|
|Times Placed Low||0||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 3, 5)||2 (Eps. 1, 4)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 5||Episode 4|
On Season 10, Mayhem won the very first challenge, the design challenge. She had an outfit made with gloves, and it was deemed highly creative. She was safe for the second challenge, where Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams was eliminated. On the third episode, she placed in the bottom two alongside Yuhua Hamasaki, but won the lip-sync and sent her home. She was safe for the fourth episode, the ball. On Episode 5, she placed in the bottom two, this time with Monét X Change. Mayhem lost the lip-sync and was eliminated.
All Stars 5
The first challenge was the Variety Show. Mayhem chose to do live singing. She started off well, but was critiqued for having poor diction in her voice and not taking the act far enough. She placed in the bottom two with Derrick Barry, while India Ferrah won the challenge. India lost the lip-sync against Yvie Oddly, and it came down to a vote. Jujubee was the only one who voted to eliminate Mayhem, therefore Mayhem was safe and Derrick Barry became the first eliminated.
On the second episode, Mayhem was picked to be on Blair St. Clair's team, along with Miz Cracker. With the challenge being to write lyrics and perform to them in "I'm in Love!", Mayhem chose her verse to be about Mr. Rogers. On the runway, she wore a Kim Kardashian-inspired gown. Mayhem was safe, while Shea Couleé won the challenge, the lip-sync, and sent home Ongina.
AJ and the Queen Appearances
Season 10"Guess who finally decided to crash the party?"
"Ho-ho-ho! May-May brought the mistletoe!"
All Stars 5
"I didn't come to crash the party, I came to end it."
- "Party!" (a phrase popularized by Adore Delano was actually coined by Mayhem)
- "I need a bitch to fucking move out the way so I can get my money."
- "It has taken me WAY too long to get here, and I need these bitches behind me to know - you ain't gon' get rid of me that easy." (in the LSFYL against Yuhua Hamasaki)
- "No, because I wanted to be a team player. (talking to Michelle Visage on stage during critiques)
- "Thank you for believing in me and seeing something special, even when I didn't think I had anything left in me." (to RuPaul after elimination)
- "You are all beautiful. Don't you let nobody ever tell you different." (exit line)
All Stars 5
- "I'm Mayhem 'The Drama' Miller."
- "I started off strong, I won the first challenge and then it kinda went like this..." (curves her arm downward).
- "Well, look at you, papi!" (to Ricky Martin during the Reading Challenge)
- "Keep me bitch."
- "Oh you wanna talk? Let’s talk!"
- ''It smells like what? Success.''
- "I am the queen! Queen of the party!" (exit quote)
"I ❤️ to PARTY xoxo May"
All Stars 5
"I am the QUEEN!"
- She is a prominent figure in the West Hollywood drag scene.
- Her drag sisters are Raven and Morgan McMichaels, and she and Raven started drag the very same day - May 10th, 2002. She also belongs in the same drag family as Detox, Delta Work, and Vicky Vox (of DWV fame, and Detox's daughter).
- Mayhem and her drag sister, Morgan McMichaels, have very similar Drag Race Track records. They both won the first challenge in their respective seasons, lip-synced twice during their seasons, both went home on their second time lip-syncing, and both of them were the fifth to go home.
- Mayhem helped Adore Delano when she started out as a drag queen.
- Her drag daughters are Rhea Litre (shared with Season 3's winner Raja), and Cheyenne Pepper, otherwise known as Eugene Lee Yang of the Try Guys.
- Mayhem is the oldest contestant of Season 10.
- Mayhem had auditioned for Drag Race since Season 2 but was rejected every year until Season 10.
- Mayhem has the lowest position of any queen that won the first challenge (10th place). She is tied with Madame LaQueer and Scarlet Envy for the lowest placing queen to win any main challenge.
- Mayhem is also the seventh queen to win the first challenge of her season and not make it to top 3, after Morgan McMichaels of Season 2, Manila Luzon and Latrice Royale in All Stars 1, BenDeLaCreme of Season 6 and All Stars 3, Roxxxy Andrews and Tatianna in All Stars 2, Nina Bo'Nina Brown of Season 9 and Aja of All Stars 3.
- Mayhem is the second queen to win a Drag on a Dime challenge, after Nina Flowers of Season 1.
- Mayhem loved the bacon the show served for breakfast.
- Mayhem lip-synced alongside Shannel during the Season 10 finale.
- Mayhem made an appearance as a background-dancer for NeNe Leakes during her lip-sync performance of "Supermodel" (By RuPaul) on Spike's "Lip-Sync Battle".
- Mayhem played a character named "Blanquisha" in the movie "Cherry Pop;" the movie also featured Bob the Drag Queen, Detox, Tempest DuJour and Latrice Royale.
- Mayhem has been credited as a creative consultant for RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race (under her legal name: Dequan Johnson).
- She is the fourth queen to eliminate themselves in an All Stars season after: Adore Delano on All Stars 2, BenDeLaCreme on All Stars 3, and Ongina in All Stars 5.
Season 10 Looks
All Stars 5 Looks
|2nd & 3rd: Eureka O'Hara & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|
|Blair St. Clair • Jujubee • Miz Cracker • Shea Couleé • 5th: Alexis Mateo • 6th: India Ferrah • 7th: Mayhem Miller • 8th: Mariah Paris Balenciaga • 9th: Ongina • 10th: Derrick Barry|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|