"Mercedes" comes from the Mercedes Benz she owned around the time she started her career. "Iman" comes from her same named sister. "Diamond" comes from her drag mother, Prada Diamond (which makes her part of the "Haus of Diamond").
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 11|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Ep. 2, 4)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 4|
This self-proclaimed African princess moved from Kenya to the USA when she was 11, but Mercedes only was born 10 years later at the world famous Gay 90s club in downtown Minneapolis. All about a gorgeous body, Diamond owns any stage she sets foot on, dazzling the crowd with her graceful presence and the expensive bling she's named after. Being the first Muslim Queen on the show, Mercedes hopes to be a voice for others who are too scared to speak for themselves.
Mercedes does it all. She does pageants, loves to entertain and is always having a good time. Her style is expensive, like her name, as well as sexy. Since she is only 5'3 she doesn't like to wear a lot of clothes and tends to show off her legs. Inspired by 90's Nickelodeon and Bratz dolls, Mercedes' drag is colorful, outgoing and energized.
- "Opulence! You, earn, everything!"
- "Opulence! You, own, everything!"
- "You know where I'm from we didn't have Rachel Maddow but we did have a goat."
- "I am ready to show the world, Muslim is not a terrorist."
- "Ululululululululululululululay!" (Exit quote)
- "Lemme get my translushent powder"
- "Opulence! You earn everyth- you own everything! laughs" -At the Reunion of Season 11
- Mercedes Iman Diamond moved to USA from Kenya in 1998, when she was 11.
- Diamond was on the no-flight list for a large portion of her life, due to her name sounding Muslim. Because of this, she had to go to court and legally change her name.
- She experienced a stroke which paralyzed half of her body.
- She won a few pageant titles, including "Miss Gay 90s", "Miss City of the Lakes", "Miss Queen of Hearts" and "Miss South Dakota Gay United States 2015."
- She's the 1st Muslim "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant.
- She's the 1st contestant originally from Kenya and, overall, the 3rd to come originally from Africa, after Bebe Zahara Benet and The Princess.
- She's one of 3 Season 11 contestants to feature a brand in her name, the other 2 being A'keria Chanel Davenport and Ariel Versace.
- Her favorite past-contestant is Shangela.
- She was paired with Delta Work for Episode 1's mini challenge, a photoshoot.
Season 11 Looks
|2nd: Brooke Lynn Hytes • 3rd/4th: A'keria Chanel Davenport & Silky Nutmeg Ganache|
|5th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo • 6th: Nina West (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: Shuga Cain • 8th: Plastique Tiara • 9th: Ra'Jah O'Hara • 10th: Scarlet Envy • 11th: Ariel Versace • 12th: Mercedes Iman Diamond • 13th: Honey Davenport • 14th: Kahanna Montrese • 15th: Soju|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|