Her career began when she auditioned for and won a place in Seduction, an R&B and dance vocal trio assembled by Robert Clivilles and David Cole and that signed with A&M Records in 1990. The group had several pop and dance hits, including "Two to Make It Right". After the group's breakup, Visage collaborated with freestyle dance act TKA as a guest vocalist on the song "Crash (Have Some Fun)".
In 1992, she provided lead vocals to another dance act assembled by Clivilles & Cole, The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. song "Its Gonna Be a Lovely Day", a cover version of the Bill Withers song "Lovely Day", was included on the soundtrack to The Bodyguard and became a #1 dance single that year, peaking at #34 on the Billboard Hot 100 early the next year.
In 1996 Visage became the co-host of RuPaul's VH1 talk shows The RuPaul Show. She also co-hosted RuPaul on WKTU's morning show from 1996–2002. She has also hosted such television programming as VH1's red carpet coverage of the 1998 Grammys and, in 2002, Grease's 25th-anniversary re-release party.
Visage was co-host of The Jamz Session on Hot 92 Jamz (KHHT) in Los Angeles from 2002–2005. In 2005, she returned to New York City where she served as co-host of The Morning Mix on (WNEW-FM) until December 2006. During the latter part of 2006, she was also heard on Sirius Satellite Radio's The Beat 36 but left Sirius. On March 12, 2007, she became a co-host of the morning show on SUNNY 104.3 in West Palm Beach, Florida. On January 10, 2011, she joined 93.9 MIA in Miamias the host of the new MIA Morning Show on 93.9 MIA in Miami; she left Miami and WMIA in December 2011 and moved back to Los Angeles. On January 24, 2011, Visage debuted as the second permanent judge on the Logo TV's reality-television series RuPaul's Drag Race, where she replaced former judge Merle Ginsberg, after assassinating her with her tits. She was also on Celebrity Big Brother 15 and came 5th. She is now a judge on Ireland's Got Talent. In 2019, she was a contestant on the UK dance contest Strictly Come Dancing.
- "Bitch, you're here!"
- "Stop relying on that body!"
- "THEEESE are breasts!" - Michelle critiquing Alexis Mateo's costume in Season 3
- "I push up my boobs for Jesus."
- "And you get some boobs, and YOU get some boobs, AND YOU GET SOME BOOBS!!!"
- "My tits so high, they choking me."
- "Label Whore." -To Willam
- "I'm so fucking proud of you I could shit." -To Shangela
- "I'm not as old as you wanted to make me, bitch." -To Sharon Needles
- "I hate the Oprah Winfrey Network."
- "Square up, cunty." - To Jinkx Monsoon
- "Is that a prosthetic nose?"
- "Did you forget who you are? You're a boy wearin' a dress, bitch!" (From Johnny McGovern's "Hey Qween!")
- "*Finger wag* No." - To Kandy Ho, in Season 7, for having a contour that looked like a beard
- "No, no you talk like this! This is how you talk!" -To Laganja Estranja, in Season 6, for being fake and inauthentic during the comedy challenge
- "*While banging gavel* Order in the court! ORDER IN THE COURT!"
- "Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, or something like the truth, so help you Jon Bon Jovi?" -During Jersey Justice
- "Obviously Jewish."
- "This is my court bitch."
- "Watch your fucking language, you kiss your mother with that fucking mouth?" -To Monét X Change during Jersey Justice
- "Miss Vanjie..."
- "Don't worry Ru, I'll always be your breast Judy."
- "She's performing a solo act."
- Official Website
- Michelle Visage by Wiki Birthdays
- Michelle Visage's Twitter
- Michelle Visage's Instagram
- Michelle Visage's Facebook
- Michelle Visage on Spotify
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|