Michelle Visage (born: Michelle Lynn Shupack) is an American singer, television host, radio DJ, author, and television personality. She is a regular judge on RuPaul's Drag Race (since Season 3), RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, RuPaul's Drag Race UK and RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under as well as the host of Whatcha Packin', a web series where she interviews the queen that has been eliminated that week in the competition. She was also a guest judge on Season 1 of Canada's Drag Race.
Her career began when she auditioned for and won a place in Seduction, an R&B and dance vocal trio assembled by Robert Clivilles and David Cole and that signed with A&M Records in 1990. The group had several pop and dance hits, including "Two to Make It Right". After the group's breakup, Visage collaborated with freestyle dance act TKA as a guest vocalist on the song "Crash (Have Some Fun)".
In 1992, she provided lead vocals to another dance act assembled by Clivilles & Cole, The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. song "Its Gonna Be a Lovely Day", a cover version of the Bill Withers song "Lovely Day", was included on the soundtrack to The Bodyguard and became a #1 dance single that year, peaking at #34 on the Billboard Hot 100 early the next year.
In 1996 Visage became the co-host of RuPaul's VH1 talk shows The RuPaul Show. She also co-hosted RuPaul on WKTU's morning show from 1996–2002. She has also hosted such television programming as VH1's red carpet coverage of the 1998 Grammys and, in 2002, Grease's 25th-anniversary re-release party.
Visage was co-host of The Jamz Session on Hot 92 Jamz (KHHT) in Los Angeles from 2002–2005. In 2005, she returned to New York City where she served as co-host of The Morning Mix on (WNEW-FM) until December 2006. During the latter part of 2006, she was also heard on Sirius Satellite Radio's The Beat 36 but left Sirius. On March 12, 2007, she became a co-host of the morning show on SUNNY 104.3 in West Palm Beach, Florida. On January 10, 2011, she joined 93.9 MIA in Miamias the host of the new MIA Morning Show on 93.9 MIA in Miami; she left Miami and WMIA in December 2011 and moved back to Los Angeles. On January 24, 2011, Visage debuted as the second permanent judge on the Logo TV's reality-television series RuPaul's Drag Race, where she replaced former judge Merle Ginsberg, as well as appearing alongside Ru on RuPaul's Drag Race UK as a regular judge. She was also on Celebrity Big Brother 15 and came fifth. She was a judge on Ireland's Got Talent for its two-season run from 2018 to 2019. In 2019, she was a contestant on the seventeenth season of UK dance contest Strictly Come Dancing, being paired with Giovanni Pernice and coming in seventh place.
- "Bitch, you're here!"
- "Stop relying on that body!"
- "THEEESE are breasts!" - Michelle critiquing Alexis Mateo's costume in Season 3
- "I push up my boobs for Jesus."
- "And you get some boobs, and YOU get some boobs, AND YOU GET SOME BOOBS!!!"
- "My tits so high, they choking me."
- "Label Whore." -To Willam
- "I'm so fucking proud of you I could shit." -To Shangela
- "I'm not as old as you wanted to make me, bitch." -To Sharon Needles about her Snatch Game performance as Michelle
- "I hate the Oprah Winfrey Network."
- "Square up, cunty." - To Jinkx Monsoon
- "Is that a prosthetic nose?"
- "Did you forget who you are? You're a boy wearin' a dress, bitch!" (From Johnny McGovern's "Hey Qween!")
- "*Finger wag* No." - To Kandy Ho, in Season 7, for having a contour that looked like a beard
- "No, no you talk like this! This is how you talk!" -To Laganja Estranja, in Season 6, for being fake and inauthentic during the comedy challenge
- "*While banging gavel* Order in the court! ORDER IN THE COURT!"
- "Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, or something like the truth, so help you Jon Bon Jovi?" -During Jersey Justice
- "Obviously Jewish."
- "This is my court bitch."
- "Watch your fucking language, you kiss your mother with that fucking mouth?" -To Monét X Change during Jersey Justice
- "Miss Vanjie..."
- "Don't worry Ru, I'll always be your breast Judy."
- "She's performing a solo act."
- "You've got prosthesis" - to The Vivienne, thinking she was wearing a fake nose
- ”Gurl, that’s a bubble butt!”
- "Fart humor, yeah?" (to Rock M. Sakura)
- “Baby Gott Mik!”(Referring to Gottmik’s “new single on iTunes”)
- Michelle is the longest-serving Drag Race judge other than Ru herself, having appeared on the panel for all US and UK seasons other than US seasons 1 and 2.
- Michelle is well-known on Drag Race for her dislike of the colour green, queens wearing the same hair colour throughout the competition (e.g. Max), queens wearing the same makeup throughout the competition and queens gluing materials to a corset in a design challenge (e.g. Aiden Zhane).
- Michelle has two daughters, Lillie and Lola, with her husband David Case, and they live in California.
- The only English-language Drag Race spin-off Michelle has not appeared on is Drag U.
- The only time Michelle has appeared on Drag Race without RuPaul was on Canada's Drag Race, when she guest hosted the Snow Ball.
- Michelle is the only Drag Race regular judge to have one of her songs lip-synced while she was on the panel, when Detox and Coco Montrese lip-synced to her former group Seduction's song "Two to Make It Right" during the makeover challenge on Season 5. Detox and Michelle lip-synced together during the performance, and she sent Coco home as a result of the lipsync.
- Michelle is the only regular Drag Race judge that hosts an ongoing web series - Whatcha Packin'. RuPaul previously presented the WOWPresents web series RuPaul Drives.
- In 2020 Michelle presented the BBC Three series How's Your Head, Hun? detailing her life in lockdown with her family as well as interviewing guests such as Jade Thirlwall.
- Michelle has said in the past that she would be open to hosting her own drag competition show for female performers.
- Ru actually asked Michelle to judge Drag Race for Season 1 but her employer at her radio station at the time refused to give her the time off, which she later put down to homophobia in an interview with Hey Qween, and Merle Ginsberg was given the role instead. When Merle left after Season 2 she was asked again and asked the executives at the broadcaster of the radio station, who agreed to let her have time off to film the show.
- Michelle co-hosts the podcast What's the Tee? with RuPaul, and they often record episodes during breaks in filming on Drag Race.
- Michelle was famous for her breast implants when she joined Drag Race but has since had them removed, citing her experience with Hashimoto's disease.
- Michelle's first book, The Diva Rules, was published in 2015.
- In 2019 and 2020 Michelle presented the series Michelle Visage's Fabulous Divas on BBC Radio 2, and in October 2020 guest hosted Rylan on Saturday for Rylan Clark-Neal.
- Michelle has appeared on a variety of reality and panel shows in the UK, including Strictly Come Dancing, Celebrity Big Brother, Glow Up, The X Factor, Celebrity Juice, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and The Only Way is Essex. She was also a judge on both seasons of Ireland's Got Talent.
- Nicole Falkner also known as LipstickNick is Michelle’s makeup artist for Rupaul’s Drag Race, Whatcha Packin and many more events. Although, it is unknown how long she has done her makeup. On the other hand, her hairstylist is Craig Marsden
- However during RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under, her makeup artist was MakeupwithLeyla
- Official Website
- Michelle Visage by Wiki Birthdays
- Michelle Visage's Twitter
- Michelle Visage's Instagram
- Michelle Visage's Facebook
- Michelle Visage on Spotify
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|