Monét X Change is the stage name of Kevin Bertin. Monét competed on the tenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she came in 6th place and was voted Miss Congeniality. She was known on the show for her beauty, comedy, charisma, lip-syncs, and sponges.
Monét eventually returned the following season to compete on All Stars 4 and won alongside Trinity The Tuck in the series' first-ever double-win. This made her the first-ever Miss Congeniality to win a season of All-Stars.
Entrance Quotes & Exit Quotes
Entrance: "Oh, don't mind me. I'm just here to sweep up the competition girl."
Exit: "Cha-ching mother fucker cha-ching."
Mirror: "Long Live the Sponge!!! MXC"
Entrance: "Guess who's black in the house, bitch! Yass!"
Winner's Speech: "This is further proof that long live the sponge, Michelle!"
Secret Celebrity Drag Race
Entrance: "Looks like the exchange rate just went up."
In her Season 10 Meet the Queens interview, Monét explains that the idea for her drag name came to her when she spotted a currency exchange booth across the street while eating chicken wings. Her first name is a substitution of the word "money" with the name "Monét" (stylised with an accent over the E), while her last name "X Change" is played on the word "exchange."
Her first drag name was revealed by Bob The Drag Queen to be Ferocia Coutura on the Sibling Rivalry podcast.
Monét is a member of the House of Davenport. She is the drag daughter of Honey Davenport. Although she has performed as "Monét X Change Davenport" in the past, her current drag name no longer contains the Davenport name.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10||All Stars 4|
|Ranking:|| 6th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 1, 3)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|Times Placed High||5 (Eps. 2, 6, 7, 8, 9)||1 (Ep. 7)|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||3 (Eps. 2, 5, 8)|
|Times Placed Low||0||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 4, 5, 10)||2 (Eps. 4, 9)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 10||N/A|
Monét is one of the 14 queens to compete on the tenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She won the first mini-challenge of the season and made a dress out of sponges for the "Drag on a dime" challenge. She was declared safe, despite criticism from her fellow queens.
In Episode 4, she was in the bottom two along with Dusty Ray Bottoms. She won the lip-sync and sent Dusty home.
She was also in the bottom two with Mayhem Miller in Episode 5 and won that lip-sync as well.
After being in the bottom two twice, Monét performed very well and got great critiques for four weeks straight until Episode 10, where she got eliminated.
She finished in sixth place and was voted Miss Congeniality by her fellow queens. This was the first time in Drag Race herstory that the Miss Congeniality title was decided on by the queens themselves.
- "I'm Monét X Change and you better get your currency in check, bitch."
- "Monet X Change done fucked up drag, girl."
- "Girl, how you up here doing a money gown, and you look like a money clown?" (about Kalorie.)
- "The Irish jig girl, you gotta jig it."
- "You could be white Beyoncé, Weyoncé!" (to Blair St. Clair)
- "And that's shade!" (to Miz Cracker during the Reading is Fundamental challenge in Season 10 Episode 7 Snatch Game.)
- "RuPaul, do you know why the cage bird sings?... Because Mariah Carey lost the key." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- If these hoes try to come for me, I surely will cut thee. I will not hesitate to put thou in a ditch, because Maya Angelou ain't no punk bitch." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- "Like dust, still I rise." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- "Oh Lord, she comin' back up again!, I'm..."
- "Soak it up, bitches!" (After being crowned Miss Congeniality.)
- "Season 9 was just fine."
- "It's you, Valentina!" (to Valentina upon her entrance into All-Stars 4)
- “Have you ever seen Lady Bunny out of drag? Category is: Ben Franklin fucked the Michelin Man.”
- "When we were on tour Lady Bunny said that she wanted a little Mexican. Poor Valentina didn't stand a chance!"
- "Gag, bitch."
- "Jesus." (When asked by Monique regarding painting in a certain direction)
- "Bitch, I'm a petty bitch from Brooklyn, I hold onto grudges."
- “What’s the tea? You comin’ over tonight. So we can cuddle, chill, start a pillow fight. If you cancel again, I’ll call The Vixen. And she‘ll read that ass from 1 to 10. You’re tired, you’re fired, you’re expired. If you text me, you’re blocked, sire. For a fool-proof recipe to rise above, it’s real simple: self love.” (verse in Errybody Say Love)
- Kevin spent her childhood in Saint Lucia, making Monét the second queen from the Caribbean to compete, the first being Vivacious from Jamaica.
- Kevin studied opera at Westminster Choir College.
- Her favorite cake is red velvet cake.
- Monét's favorite cartoon is Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Kevin's birthday is a common misconception; March 23 is actually the day she started doing drag, while his real birthday is February 19, 1990.
- Monét shares the same first legal name as fellow contestant Monique Heart.
- Her drag mother is Honey Davenport, from Season 11; early in her career, she performed as Monét X Change Davenport.
- Her drag aunt and best friend is Peppermint.
- She is the drag sister of Bob The Drag Queen, which means fellow contestant Miz Cracker is her drag niece.
- The sponge dress she wore in the first episode of Season 10 has become a meme in the Drag Race community. It has even been recreated by her fellow contestant Yuhua Hamasaki.
- Monét often got critiqued by Ru and Michelle for wearing small "pussycat" wigs. However, the episodes she wore a bigger wig to please the judges, was in the bottom 2. The only time when Monet used a big wig and was not placed in the bottom was in Episode 7.
- She made a music video for her song "Soak it Up" featuring Bob The Drag Queen and Monique Heart. It was on the trending page of YouTube.
- She is considered one of her season's Lip Sync Assassins, having eliminated Dusty Ray Bottoms and Mayhem Miller.
- She lip synced alongside Victoria Parker during the Season 10 finale.
- During the time Season 10 aired, Monét...
- She is one of four queens from All Stars 4 to win at least three challenges, along with Manila Luzon, Monique Heart, and Trinity The Tuck.
- Monét with Dax, The Vixen, and Shea Couleé, inspired the Marvel Comics drag queen superhero Shade.
- Monét appeared in a Pepsi commercial with Cardi B for the Super Bowl.
- Monét revealed that Whitney Houston was her third choice for All Stars 4's Snatch Game, the first being NeNe Leakes.
- Monét X Change, Chad Michaels and Bianca Del Rio are the only winners to win the makeover challenge.
- After All Stars 4's finale episode aired, WOW Presents posted a picture on their Instagram of Monét being the sole winner of All Stars 4. It was taken down seconds later.
- Monet is the 34th queen to hit 1 million followers on Instagram.
- Monét X Change is the first...
- ...queen to ever walk backstage during a lip-sync.
- ...and only international queen to be crowned Miss Congeniality.
- ...to place 6th in her original season and win the title of Miss Congeniality as voted by her fellow contestants rather than the viewers, the second being Nina West.
- ...contestant along Manila Luzon to receive immunity by winning a challenge since Season 5.
- ...contestant along Trinity the Tuck to share the winner title.
- ...non-white passing queen to win an All-Stars season and to be in the Drag Race Hall of Fame.
- ...Miss Congeniality to win a season (All Stars 4).
- ...All Stars winner that is known to have their lipstick pulled by another queen when in the bottom.
- ...All Stars winner to have not won a challenge on her original season.
- ...contestant to beat Jujubee in a lip sync.
- Monét X Change is the second...
- ...queen to break a light bulb onstage during a lip-sync after Robbie Turner.
- ...youngest queen to win Miss Congeniality, after Valentina.
- ...Miss Congeniality of African descent after Latrice Royale.
- ...contestant along Monique Heart to be invited to All Stars while her season was still airing, after Aja.
- ...All Stars winner to not make it to the finale of her original season after Trixie Mattel.
- ...winner (from the American series) to place in the bottom more than once on her winning season after Trixie Mattel.
- ...international queen to win an RuPaul's Drag Race season after Bebe Zahara Benet, but the first to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- ...Miss Congeniality to win both a Maxi Challenge and a Lip Sync for your Legacy in an All Stars season after BenDeLaCreme.
- ...Miss Congeniality to win the makeover challenge and also make it to the finale in an All Stars season after Katya.
- ...to have been both a winner and eliminated on the makeover challenge in different seasons after Manila Luzon.
- ...to win and be in the same drag family as a previous winner; Bob The Drag Queen, after Aquaria with Sharon Needles.
- ...winner to have her drag mother compete in the following season after her win, after Dax Exclamationpoint with Violet Chachki.
- ...winner to have placed below "safe" on the first episode, after Chad Michaels.
- ...contestant to have lip-synced 8 times, after Trinity The Tuck (who has lip-synced a total of 9 times).
- Monét X Change is the third queen to...
- ...win Miss Congeniality without winning a Maxi Challenge in her season, after Pandora Boxx and Cynthia Lee Fontaine.
- ...win three Maxi Challenges in an All Stars season without winning any challenge in their first season, after Shannel and Shangela. She would be followed by Monique Heart, India Ferrah, and Jujubee.
- Monet is the only lipsync assassin to have more than 1 appearance on All Stars 5. She first appeared as a lipsync assassin in episode 3, and then later returned for the finale to give a message (Alongside Trinity the Tuck) to the top 3.
All Stars 4
- Monét's Site | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Monét x Change on YouTube | Apple Music | Wikipedia | Spotify
|2nd & 3rd: Eureka O'Hara & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|
|Monét X Change & Trinity The Tuck|
|3rd & 4th: Monique Heart & Naomi Smalls|
|5th: Latrice Royale • 6th: Manila Luzon • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Gia Gunn • 9th: Farrah Moan • 10th: Jasmine Masters|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|