Monét X Change is the stage name of Kevin Bertin. As a member of the legendary "House of Davenport". Monét competed on the tenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she came in 6th place and was voted Miss Congeniality. She was known on the show for her beauty, comedy, charisma, lip-syncs, sponges, and more sponges.
Later, Monét returned to compete on All Stars 4 and won along with Trinity The Tuck in the first-ever double-win. This win also makes her the first-ever Miss Congeniality to win a season of All-Stars.
Entrance Quotes & Exit Quotes
Entrance: "Oh, don't mind me. I'm just here to sweep up the competition girl."
Exit: "Cha-ching mother fucker cha-ching"
Mirror: "Long Live the Sponge!!! MXC"
Entrance: "Guess who's black in the house, bitch! Yass!''
Winner's Speech: "This is further proof that long live the sponge, Michelle!"
In her Season 10 Meet the Queens interview, Monét explains that the idea for her drag name came to her when she spotted a currency exchange booth across the street while eating chicken wings. Her first name is a substitution of the word "money" with the name "Monét" (stylized with an accent over the E), while her last name "X Change" is played on the word "exchange."
Her first drag name was revealed by Bob The Drag Queen to be Ferocia Coutura on the Sibling Rivalry podcast.
Monét is a member of the House of Davenport. She is the drag daughter of Honey Davenport. Although she has performed as "Monét X Change Davenport" in the past, her current drag name no longer contains the Davenport name.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 10||All Stars 4|
|Ranking:|| 6th |
|Mini-Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 1, 3)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||0||3 (Eps. 2, 5, 8)|
|Times in Bottom:||3 (Eps. 4, 5, 10)||2 (Eps. 4, 9)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 10||N/A|
Monét is one of the 14 queens to compete on the tenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She won the first mini-challenge of the season and made a dress out of sponges for the "Drag on a dime" challenge. She was declared safe, despite criticism from her fellow queens.
In episode 4, she was in the bottom two along with Dusty Ray Bottoms. She won the lipsync and sent Dusty home.
She was also in the bottom two with Mayhem Miller in episode 5 and won that lipsync as well.
After being in the bottom two twice, Monét performed very well and got great critiques for four weeks straight until episode 10, where she got eliminated.
She finished in sixth place and was voted Miss Congeniality by her fellow queens. This was the first time in Drag Race herstory that the Miss Congeniality title was decided on by the queens themselves.
- "I'm Monét X Change and you better get your currency in check, bitch."
- "Monet X Change done fucked up drag, girl."
- "Girl, how you up here doing a money gown, and you look like a money clown?" (about Kalorie.)
- "The Irish jig girl, you gotta jig it."
- "You could be white Beyoncé, Weyoncé!" (to Blair St. Clair)
- "And that's shade!" (to Miz Cracker during the Reading is Fundamental challenge in Season 10 Episode 7 Snatch Game.)
- "RuPaul, do you know why the cage bird sings?... Because Mariah Carey lost the key." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- If these hoes try to come for me, I surely will cut thee. I will not hesitate to put thou in a ditch, because Maya Angelou ain't no punk bitch." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- "Like dust, still I rise." (as Maya Angelou in the Snatch Game)
- "Oh Lord, she comin' back up again!, I'm..."
- "Soak it up, bitches!" (After being crowned Miss Congeniality.)
- "It's you, Valentina!" (to Valentina upon her entrance into All-Stars 4)
- “Have you ever seen Lady Bunny out of drag? Category is: Ben Franklin fucked the Michelin Man.”
- "When we were on tour Lady Bunny said that she wanted a little Mexican. Poor Valentina didn't stand a chance!"
- "Gag, bitch."
- "Jesus." (When asked by Monique regarding painting in a certain direction)
- "Bitch, I'm a petty bitch from Brooklyn, I hold onto grudges."
- Monét spent her childhood in Saint Lucia, making Monét the second queen from the Caribbean to compete, the first being Vivacious from Jamaica.
- Monét studied opera at Westminster Choir College.
- Her favorite cake is red velvet cake.
- Monét shares the same first legal name as fellow Season 10 contestant Monique Heart.
- Her drag mother is Honey Davenport, a contestant on the eleventh season. Early in her career, she performed as Monét X Change Davenport.
- Monét's favorite cartoon is Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- She is the drag sister of Season 8 Winner Bob The Drag Queen, which means fellow Season 10 contestant Miz Cracker is her drag niece.
- She is very good friends with Season 9 Runner-Up Peppermint.
- While Season 10 was airing, Monét held a bi-weekly YouTube series called "Readdit", where she answers fan questions from Reddit.
- The sponge dress she wore in the first episode of Season 10 has become a meme in the Drag Race community. It has even been recreated by Season 10 contestant Yuhua Hamasaki.
- She is the first queen to ever walk backstage during a lip-sync.
- She is also the second queen to break a lightbulb onstage during a lip-sync, the first being Robbie Turner.
- Monét often got critiqued by Ru and Michelle for wearing small "pussycat" wigs. However, the episodes she wore a bigger wig to please the judges, was in the Bottom 2. This is similar to Milk and Max on their seasons, who got critiqued for certain aspects of their style and got eliminated the episode they started listening to the judges' critiques.
- The only time when Monet used a big wig and was not placed in the bottom was in episode 7.
- She has made a music video called "Soak it Up" featuring Bob the Drag Queen and Monique Heart. It was on the trending page of YouTube.
- Monét is the second youngest queen to win Miss Congeniality, the youngest being Valentina.
- She is the first Miss Congeniality of African descent.
- Although many believe it to be Latrice Royale she is actually of Pacific Islander descent.
- She is the first queen to win the title of Miss Congeniality as voted by her fellow contestants rather than the viewers (the second being Nina West)
- She is also the first Miss Congeniality to placed 6th (the second is again Nina West)
- She is the third queen to be elected Miss Congeniality without winning a Maxi Challenge in her season (the other two being Pandora Boxx and Cynthia Lee Fontaine)
- She is the second Miss Congeniality to win both a Maxi Challenge and a Lip Sync for your Legacy in an All-Stars season, the first being BenDeLaCreme.
- She is also the second Miss Congeniality to make it to the finale in an All-Stars season, the first being Katya.
- She lip-synced alongside Victoria Parker during the Season 10 finale.
- She is considered one of her season's Lip Sync Assassins, having sent home both Dusty Ray Bottoms and Mayhem Miller.
- Monét is the third queen to appear on the tv show 'WWYD?', following after Carmen Carrera and Mimi Imfurst.
- Monét was called for All-Stars 4 while Season 10 was still airing.
- Monét is the third queen to win three Maxi Challenges in an All-Stars season without winning a Maxi Challenge in their first season (after Shannel and Shangela and followed by Monique Heart)
- Monét (alongside Dax ExclamationPoint, The Vixen, and Shea Couleé) inspired the Marvel Comics drag queen superhero Shade.
- Monét, along with Manila Luzon, is one of the first two queens to receive immunity following a win since season 5.
- Monét appeared in a Pepsi commercial with Cardi B for the Super Bowl.
- Monét X Change is...
- the first Miss Congeniality to win a season.
- the second All-Stars winner to not make it to the finale of her original season, following Trixie Mattel.
- the second American series winner to place in the bottom more than once on her winning season, the first being Trixie Mattel.
- The first African American queen to win an All-Stars season and to be in the Drag Race Hall of Fame
- Monét X Change and Trinity the Tuck are the first two contestants to share the winner title.
- Monét is the second international queen to win a RuPaul's Drag Race season; the first being Bebe Zahara Benet. However, since Bebe won her original season and not All-Stars, Monét holds the distinction of being the only international queen in the Drag Race Hall Of Fame.
- Monét is also the only international queen to be crowned Miss Congeniality.
- Monét's drag mother is Season 11 contestant Honey Davenport and her drag aunt is Season 9 first runner-up Peppermint.
- Monét is the first queen to have been both a winner (All-Stars 4) and eliminated (Season 10) on the makeover challenge, followed by Manila Luzon.
- Monét X Change, Chad Michaels & Bianca Del Rio are the only winners to win the makeover challenge.
- Monét is the second Miss Congeniality to ever win the makeover challenge, the first being Katya in All-Stars 2.
- After the finale episode aired, WOW Presents posted a picture on their Instagram of Monét being the sole winner of All-Stars 4. It was taken down seconds later.
- Monét is the 2nd queen to win and be in the same drag family as a previous winner (after Aquaria)
- Coincidently both queens also come from Season 10.
- She is also the second season winner to have her drag mother compete in the season after her win, following Violet Chachki and her mother Dax Exclamation Point(coincidentally both dax and honey were also both early outs on their seasons).
- Monét's birthday is a common misconception; March 23 is actually the day she started doing drag and her real birthday is February 19, 1990.
- Monét is the first All-Stars winner that is known to have their lipstick pulled by another queen when in the bottom.
All Stars 4
|2nd/3rd: Eureka & Kameron Michaels • 4th: Asia O'Hara|
|5th: Miz Cracker • 6th: Monét X Change (Miss Congeniality) • 7th: The Vixen • 8th: Monique Heart • 9th: Blair St. Clair • 10th: Mayhem Miller • 11th: Dusty Ray Bottoms • 12th: Yuhua Hamasaki • 13th: Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams • 14th: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Bryce Eilenberg|
|Monét X Change & Trinity The Tuck|
|3rd/4th: Monique Heart & Naomi Smalls|
|5th: Latrice Royale • 6th: Manila Luzon • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Gia Gunn • 9th: Farrah Moan • 10th: Jasmine Masters|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|