Naomi Smalls is the stage name of Davis Heppenstall, a drag queen, performer, model, and one of the Season 8 runner-ups of RuPaul's Drag Race (alongside Kim Chi), as well as one of the All Stars 4 runners-up (alongside Season 10 contestant Monique Heart).
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8||All Stars 4|
|Ranking:||2nd/3rd Place||3rd/4th Place|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (Ep. 3)||0|
|Times Placed High||3 (Eps. 4, 7, 8)||3 (Eps. 1, 2, 3)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 6)||1 (Ep. 8)|
|Times Placed Low||1 (Ep. 1)||0|
|Times in Bottom:||1 (Ep. 5)||3 (Eps. 5, 7, 9)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 10||Episode 10|
- "Check your lipstick before you come for me." (entrance quote)
- "Naomi is a tall glass of water, she has legs all the way up to her asshole."
- "I do not hate Derrick. I do not like his drag."
- "This thing is TOO! BIG! and that's not normally a complaint." (referring to her boat inspired by Season 4 Episode 6's challenge)
- "I'm trying to give you '90s supermodel walk... and this boat is covering half of it!"
- "It's about damn time a big girl won!" (unaired winner acceptance speech)
All Stars 4
- "You can't spell 'LEGENDARY' without... 'leg'!" (entrance quote)
- "Ru, thank you so much for bringing someone here that's going to make me look smart. What's up, Farrah Moan? *Farrah laughs* Farrah Moan is so dumb, she thought Valentina was her best friend." (during the Reading is Fundamental mini-challenge)
- "Poke the bear. Poke the little care bear." (to Gia Gunn, referring to Farrah Moan)
- "Hey sweets. Let me introduce you to my friend. Her name's fashion, her name's fashion."
- "And what do we do with fashion? Pose!"
- "How's LL Cool J?" (as Wendy Williams in Snatch Game of Love)
- "You have her old nose." (to Monét X Change, comparing her to NeNe Leakes)
- "Her name is PANINI!" (refering to her character's dog, during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "Do you know how many dresses at Wet Seal I could get with $5,000?" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "I've had it for 19 years, it's attached to my boyfriend Vinny's '87 Mustang!" (describing her salon during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "And when she came in smelling like a wet dog, I said 'okay, let's get to work!'" (during the "Jersey Justice" challenge)
- "Cherry pie!"
- "Club 96!" (whispered during the "Queen of Clubs" challenge)
- "I eliminated Manila because... I wanted to."
- "LIFE'S NOT FAIR."
- "Honestly, she could tell Latrice what I said about her and I'd be like: 'Yeah, that's exactly what I said'. I don't give a fuck. Honestly, I don't give a fuck."
- ”Legs: that’s what you know me for. And believe there’s more walkin’ through that door. I’m fierce, yes, I know that. And I’m hung like a mother-tuckin’ baseball bat. Struttin’ all night, gettin’ it all tight. What the hell is an appetite? Fashion, love, is what I crave. Bitch, I’m here, yes, I’m brave.” (verse in Errybody Say Love)
- Naomi Smalls is adopted and has 11 siblings.
- New York Magazine named Smalls one of the top 100 most powerful drag queens in America in June, 2019;
- She was cast on RuPaul's Drag Race after her 1ˢᵗ audition.
- At 21, she was the youngest Season 8 contestant, and the first 21-year old to be cast since Serena ChaCha in Season 5.
- Derrick Barry, Robbie Turner, and her are the only 3 Season 8 contestants to place in the Bottom 2, survive the lip sync, and then win the main challenge in the following episode.
- On Season 8 Episode 5's Untucked, she told Acid Betty that didn't know the lyrics to the lip sync song until her "Snatch Game" performance. She learned it right after because she knew she was going to be in the Bottom 2;
- Naomi is the second contestant to place as a runner-up in 2 separate seasons, after Raven.
- Naomi is the first (and thus far, only) contestant to win the makeover challenge twice.
- Naomi holds the record for the longest time (8 episodes) until a contestant wins their first main challenge on an All Stars season.
- Naomi was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race: Live in Las Vegas. Other contestants include Derrick Barry, India Ferrah and Kim Chi.
- She is the only All-Star contestant to be put in a Bottom 2, 3 & 4.
- Naomi is the first contestant to place HIGH in three consecutive episodes of an All Stars season, without winning a challenge.
- Naomi's relationship with her best friend Kim Chi is regarded as one of the most followed pairings in the entire Drag Race fandom.
- Naomi's decision to eliminate Manila Luzon in episode 8 of All Stars 4 has been regarded as one of the most shocking and controversial eliminations in the show's herstory.
- She later appeared in Manila's video for "Go Fish."
Season 8 Looks
All Stars 4 Looks
- "Pose". (2019)
- "Everybody Say Love!" by The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars, Season 4. (2018)
- "Super Queen" by RuPaul ft. The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars, Season 4. (2019)
Movies / Documentaries
- A Queen for the People, as herself. (2016)
- RuPaul's Drag Race, on Season 8 as contestant. (2016)
- Gay for Pay, as herself. (2016)
- RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars, on Season 4 as contestant. (2018-2019)
- Untucked, on Season 8 as contestant. (2016)
- Fashion Photo RuView, as herself. (2017)
- M.U.G., as herself. (2017-2018)
- Small's World, as herself. (2018)
- Sibling Rivalry, in Episode 10 as herself. (2018)
- Call Me Couleé, as herself. (2018)
- Runway Rewind, as herself. (2018)
- "The Realness" by RuPaul. (2016)
- "Pose". (2018)
- "Go Fish" by Manila Luzon. (2019)
2nd & 3rd: Kim Chi & Naomi Smalls
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
|Monét X Change & Trinity The Tuck|
|3rd & 4th: Monique Heart & Naomi Smalls|
|5th: Latrice Royale • 6th: Manila Luzon • 7th: Valentina • 8th: Gia Gunn • 9th: Farrah Moan • 10th: Jasmine Masters|
|Jason Carter • Bruno Carvalho • Bryce Eilenberg|