In 1998, Nikkie debuted in the Dutch soap-series 'Onderweg Naar Morgen' (On the Way to Tomorrow). From 2000 forward, she had a recurring role in "Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden" (Good Times, Bad Times); Holland's most famous soap-series.
She's appeared in numerous Dutch tv-programs, such as Dancing With The Stars (season 3, 2007), Holland's Best Fashion Designer (2010), and RTL Boulevard (2014). She is also a 'dragon' in the Dutch rendition of "The Dragon's Den" (2020)
On September 15th 2020, Nikkie was announced as the only main judge on Drag Race Holland, next to the show's host, Fred van Leer. She functions as the show's Michelle Visage. Plessen did not return for the second season.
- "Maya the Bee goes Beyoncé."
- "Bla bla bla, chocoladevla."
- "Waar koopt een koe zijn kleding? Bij de Boooeeetiek!"
- Nikkie has her own clothing company (and store): NIKKIE.
- Nikkie is very good friends with Fred van Leer.
- Nikkie is an ambassador or Dance4life, a Dutch charity organasation that works towards a world without AIDS.
- Nikkie is married and has two kids.
- Nikkie did not return for the second season of Drag Race Holland. Instead, her place at the judges panel was given to Marieke Samallo.
- Season 2 contestant Vivaldi impersonated Nikkie on Snatch Game and won the challenge alongside Keta Minaj.
Drag Race Holland 1 Looks
|Runners-Up||2nd: Janey Jacké • 3rd & 4th: Ma'Ma Queen (Miss Congeniality) & Miss Abby OMG|
|Other Queens||5th: ChelseaBoy • 6th: Sederginne • 7th: Madame Madness • 8th: Megan Schoonbrood • 9th: Patty Pam-Pam • 10th: Roem|
|Judges||Fred van Leer • Nikkie Plessen|
|Pit Crew||Matthijs Schreurs • Puru Schout|