Formally known as "Beatta Bitchass" and "Lady Guinavere", Nina decided to choose another name due to the fact that people couldn't spell these ones correctly. "Nina" comes from the fact that she was attracted to this name, saying that it kept appearing in her dreams. Her middle name was chosen by someone at a club, who randomly said "C'mon, Nina Bo'nina!". She didn't specify where "Brown" comes from.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 9|
|Times as Team Captain:||1 (ep. 2)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (ep. 1)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||3 (ep. 7, 9, 10)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 10|
Episode One: "Oh. My. Gaga!"- For the first challenge, the queens had to showcase a hometown look and a Lady Gaga inspired look. Nina's hometown look was a Georgia peach complete with a paper headpiece, and her Gaga look was the lace Alexander McQueen bodysuit that was worn at the 2009 VMA's. Both of Nina's looks received praise from the judges and even from Lady Gaga herself. Later, she was named the winner of the challenge. Nina has still not gotten her prize for winning the C.U.N.T. pageant.
Episode Five: "Reality Stars The Musical" - The main challenge was to perform in a Kim Kardashian Musical. Alexis had won the mini-challenge, and got to chose the characters for each queen. Nina really wanted the role of Blac Chyna, but it was given to Shea. Alexis gave Nina the role of Khloé Kardashian which Nina thought was shady and rude. As rehearsal went on, Nina showed herself to be really mad and pouty about not being Blac Chyna still, and the other queens got annoyed by her ignorance. Nina was put in the bottom three because of that, but luckily didn't lip-sync for her life.
Episode Six: "Snatch Game" - The maxi challenge was Snatch Game. Nina decided to do Jasmine Masters, a contestant of Season 7. Nina performed well as Jasmine in the Snatch Game but was read on her runway look as Trinity Taylor wore the same look and the judges said that her look was more tailored to her body than Nina's. Nina was one of the top three that week.
Episode Seven: "9021-Ho" - The challenge was to act in a 90's teen drama. Nina struggled with pronouncing her lines and struggled with taking direction. This landed Nina in the bottom against Aja, ultimately winning the lip-sync and being told to stay.
Episode Nine: "Your Pilot's On Fire" - Nina ended up paired with Valentina for the challenge, which was to star in and create TV pilots. Their pilot was awkward and messy, which ended with Nina and Valentina in the bottom two. RuPaul stopped the lip-sync when Valentina attempted to perform while wearing a mask covering her mouth. When the lip-sync restarted, Nina's energetic performance outshined Valentina, who had not learned the song. Nina stayed and Valentina was eliminated.
Episode Ten: "Makeovers: Crew Better Work" - After the previous lip-sync, Nina revealed she felt no sense of victory and felt down that Valentina had been eliminated and she sent her home. The other queens grew tired of her constantly being down and ignored her. Nina was paired with crew member Aaron for the makeover, and they bonded over their love of art. Nina struggled with sewing two garments, and decided not to sew it herself. Nina named Aaron as Ariana Bo'Nina Brown and they did a bunny theme. Nina's runway look and pair lip-sync landed her in the bottom two against Shea. Unable to avoid elimination after her third time in the bottom two, she was eliminated.
"♪I'm Nina, Bo'nina, Banana, Fofana, Osama, Bin Laden Brown! Boom boom boom boom!♪"
- "Sue me!"
- "Somebody has to be the messy one."
- "She didn't rent it from the Netflix... she bought it."
- "Lady Gaga is really living for my foolishness."
- "I should've been Blac Chyna."
- "I don't see it for me, but okay."
- "My ankle was hurting, but it magically feels better." (joking about Eureka)
- "Can I just wallow in my depression?"
- "What's your name baby?" (to Fortune Feimster)
- "You are a whoooole lotta woman, aren't you?" (to Fortune Feimster)
- "I almost just want to stand on stage and point, and do a Charlie number."
- "Don't cuss me out."
- "Not..." (starting a sentence)
"Debbie Downer is gone. SUE ME! Shae Coulee hope you struggle cleaning this LOL. Love you all ♡"
- Before the show, Nina started getting popular for some viral videos and makeup transformations;
- On her YouTube channel, Bo'nina does (in a comical way) makeup tutotials, spoofs, reviews and gameplay;
- She doing Ruview (she called this rawview) of Rupaul's Drag Race Episode on her Youtube Channel.
- She was the makeup artist for some of Phi Phi O'Hara's looks for her "365 Days of Drag" project;
- Her catchphrase "Sue me!" was the inspiration for the music "Sue Me" by Björk;
- She has struggled with depression and anxiety since moving to Atlanta, Georgia;
- She shares the same first drag name as Nina Flowers and Nina West, as well as the same birthday as fellow Season 9 contestant, Charlie Hides;
- She auditioned for the "RuPauls Drag Race" since Season 5 and was on the shortlist for Season 8, but didn't make the final cast;
- She claimed to be the 1st contestant to walk backwards on the runway, but Trinity Taylor also did so in the 5th episode of Season 9;
- Her post-elimination makeup tutorial was accidentally uploaded to Logo's website before the episode aired;
- She's the 6th contestant to win the 1st challenge of her season and not make it to top 3, after Morgan McMichaels on Season 2, Manila Luzon and Latrice Royale in "All Stars 1", BenDeLaCreme on Season 6 and "All Stars 3", and Roxxxy Andrews in "All Stars 2", and has since been followed by Mayhem Miller on Season 10;
- She's the only Season 9 contestant to lip-sync for her life 3 times.
- She had more than 100'000 subscribers on her Youtube Channel.
Season 9 Looks
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd/4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|