Peppermint is a drag performer from New York City, New York. She was one of the 14 queens who competed on the ninth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Peppermint was runner-up to winner Sasha Velour, placing 2nd overall.
Drag Name Origin
Back in her college years, her crush's favourite candy was peppermint. To get his attention, she named herself after the sweet. It has remained the same ever since.
She previously performed using the last name "Gummybear".
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 9|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times Placed High||3 (Eps. 3, 5, 9)|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 8)|
|Times Placed Low||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 6, 11)|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 14|
Episode One: "Oh. My. Gaga!"- For the main challenge, the girls had to compete in a charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent pageant, serving up a hometown look and a Lady Gaga look. For the hometown look, she did a Statue Of Liberty outfit, which represented New York City. For the Gaga look, she chose Gaga's David Bowie outfit. She was critiqued for not having very much detail.
Episode Four: "Good Morning Bitches!" - The girls were split into teams and had to do a morning show with Naya Rivera. Peppermint was chosen by Trinity Taylor to be on her team. Trinity and Peppermint were doing a segment together, opening the show. Peppermint stumbled on her words a lot whilst they were both playing on an idea that Peppermint had slept with Trinity's husband, which was called dark from the judges' panel, and needed to be more "light-hearted". She was read on the runway for a bad outfit, and placed in the bottom three, but did not have to lipsync. In her episode recap on her YouTube channel, she admitted throwing away the outfit she wore for the runway as soon as she got home.
Episode Five: "Reality Stars: The Musical" - Peppermint was cast as Britney Spears in "Kardashian: The Musical", and was initially worried about how she'd pull a Britney impersonation off. Peppermint was praised for her humorous performance, and placed high in the challenge, but did not win.Episode Six: "Snatch Game" - Peppermint chose to do Real Housewives of Atlanta star Nene Leakes for Snatch Game, and was confident about her impersonation, due to her successful Britney Spears the week before. Unfortunately, Peppermint became nervous and froze during Snatch Game, and did not deliver the impersonation she thought she could. In the workroom, Peppermint came out to the rest of the contestants as transgender, with them all supporting her and having her back. On the runway, Peppermint chose to do the look from Madonna's "Material Girl" video, which was repeated by Shea Coulee. She was criticized for wearing pink 3 weeks in a row and for her look being weaker than Shea's. Her runway and performance landed her in the bottom two against Cynthia Lee Fontaine, but her lip-sync skills and 90's inspired dance moves managed to keep her in the competition.Episode Eight: "RuPaul Roast" - Peppermint started off talking about how her and Farrah Moan had not won a challenge yet, and that she needed to win one. The challenge was to roast Michelle Visage. In the roast, Peppermint did very well, making the audience and the entire panel of judges laugh. She was praised for being the funniest despite a roast being out of her comfort zone and won her first and only challenge.
Finale: In the interview section, Peppermint talked about being the "lip-sync assassin" of the season and balancing being a drag queen and a trans woman. She received a message from actress and trans activist Laverne Cox. In the lip-sync tournament, Trinity Taylor chose to compete against Peppermint, and Peppermint selected the lip-sync song, which turned out to be "Stronger" by Britney Spears. With a costume and wig change towards the end of the song, Peppermint won the lip-sync, advancing her to the Top 2. She then competed against Sasha Velour for the crown to "It's Not Right But It's OK" by Whitney Houston. Despite an intense and energetic performance, Sasha Velour eventually won the lip-sync and the crown, leaving Peppermint as runner-up.
- Peppermint is the first queen to enter the Werk Room on Season 9.
- Peppermint is transgender. Although other previous contestants have come out as trans during or after filming, Peppermint is the first queen to enter as an openly trans woman.
- Peppermint, along with Aja, Alexis Michelle, and Sasha Velour, was interviewed for getoutmag and had to serve a Broadway-themed look, her doing Kinky Boots. 
- When Peppermint got her callback for the show, she thought that the caller was her one of her friends, and immediately said: "What's up bitch, keep telling me!".
- Peppermint, along with Aja, Alexis Michelle, and Sasha Velour, released a song on April 21 2017 called "C.L.A.T."
- She is the fourth queen ever to make it to the final with just one challenge win (the first two queens being Nina Flowers and Rebecca Glasscock in Season 1, and the third being Naomi Smalls in Season 8)
- Peppermint is one of the first top 4 to enter the finale all together (along with Shea Coulee, Trinity Taylor, and Sasha Velour).
- Peppermint is the second queen to place as 1st Runner-Up with only 1 challenge win, the first being Nina Flowers.
- Peppermint is the only transgender queen so far to make it to the top 4, ultimately placing as the runner-up.
- Peppermint appeared in an episode of America's Next Top Model in Cycle 14 as a drag queen version of Tyra Banks.
- Peppermint landed the role of "Pythia" in the Broadway musical "Head Over Heels".
- Peppermint starred in Trinity The Tuck's music video for 'I Call Shade' as "Principal Pep".
- Peppermint is the Drag-Aunt of All Stars 4 winner Monet X Change. This also makes Peppermint the Great-Aunt of Miz Cracker and Drag Aunt of Bob The Drag Queen.
- She appeared in Kahanna Montrese's music video for "Scores".
- "Oh my gosh... Heeey!" (Season 9 entrance quote)
- "I got it going on."
- "I. Can. Not. Be-lieve. What. They. Are-asking-us-to-do"
- "Not since Destiny's Child has there been a Michelle so famous for riding somebody else's coattails!"
- "I think the biggest challenge for Trinity is going to be keeping everybody in line. Cause she's got some big personalities... Let's just- She's got Eureka on the team."
- "My black ass is playing Britney Mothafuckin' Spears!"
- "Now you look like a bitch, playing a bitch, in the last scene."
- "Here comes all of Aja's tongue, IN! MY! MOUTH!"
- "We might have to get married after this."
- "She's gonna have to pry this from my cold, dead, manicured hands."
- "Michelle says no to everything. 'Michelle, do you like my dress?' 'No.' 'You like my makeup?' 'No.' Girl where were you when they asked if you wanted to write that book? It's a great book... said no one ever." (During the Roast of Michelle Visage)
- "Happy 90th birthday, Michelle!" (During the Roast of Michelle Visage)
- “Sugary sweet confection, bad for your teeth, spicy, red-hot chocolatey, I’m minty fresh, but it ain’t for free! Legendary queen from NYC, sassy, never shady. Classy, but I can still take it to the street, so you know you better never try to come for me! Season nine, out the gate, finish line, no time to wait. Ten queens down, only three to go, and I’m laying bitches out like dominoes. Sasha reads books, Shea turns look, Trinity crazy but off the hook! But the number one queen is P-E-P-P-E-R, bitch, you know the rest.” (verse in Category Is)
- "It's fashion," *burps* (on The Pit Stop)
- “Did you see that Article from Instinct Magazine?”
- “No no, not that!” (After Bob mentioned RuPaul hiring workers to frack on her ranch)
GallerySeason 9 Looks
- Peppermint's Official Website
- Peppermint's Facebook
- Peppermint's Instagram
- Peppermint's Twitter
- Peppermint on Apple Music
- Peppermint on Wikipedia
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd & 4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara (Departed) • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|