Season 1 of Queen Of Drags, featuring 10 talented drag queens from Germany, Austria and Switzerland, aired from November 14 to December 19, 2019. Ten queens competed for the title of "Queen of Drags Germany". The title also came with a cover photo for Cosmopolitan Germany, a trip to Gay Pride in New York, being featured in a Mac Cosmetics Germany campaign and a cash prize of €100,000. Much like House of Drag, Camp WannaKiki, La Más Draga, and The Boulet Brothers' Dragula, Queens of Drags is not part of the official RDR franchise.
In a podcast with Bambi Mercury as a guest, she mentioned that they thought it would be Drag Race and then suddenly, after the cast met for the first time, they were told that they didn’t get the rights for Drag Race and therefore would have a different format.
Ten drag queens moved to a luxurious villa, lived together for several weeks, and were given a new task by Heidi Klum, Bill Kaulitz, and Conchita Wurst each week, from implementing the weekly motto perfectly to performing the best on stage and delighting the studio audience in Los Angeles.  After every performance, the three main judges and the guest judge will each assign points. The queen with the most points earns the title of "Queen of the Week", while the queen with the least points has to leave the competition.
In a live event, the show was announced on June 27th, 2019 by ProSieben, a German TV channel; that a kind of Drag Race TV format will start to premiere in winter of the same year. The ten queens were cast privately as ProSieben itself asked some local queens to compete. On the live event Heidi Klum, German Supermodel, Bill Kaulitz, German singer of the band Tokio Hotel, and Conchita Wurst, Austrian drag queen, singer and Eurovision Song Contest Winner, were announced and confirmed as the judging panel.
- 1 About the Show
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Videos
- 7 References
- 8 Navigation
About the Show
|Rank||Contestant||Photo||Real Name||Age||City||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6|
|6th||Katy Bähm||Burak Bildik||26||Berlin||29||WIN
|Jan Sabater Viñals||26||München||ELIM
- █ The contestant won Queen of Drags.
- █ The contestants were the 1st and 2nd runner-ups.
- █ The contestant received the highest score that week, and earned the title of Queen of the Week.
- █ Two contestants received the highest score that week, and both earned the title of Queen of the Week.
- █ The contestant had to partake in the daytime challenge because they had one of the 4 worst scores the week prior, was saved, and then won the title of Queen of the Week after the weekly live performances.
- █ The contestant didn't have to partake in the daytime challenge because they had one of the 4 best scores the week prior.
- █ The contestant had to partake in the daytime challenge because they had one of the 4 worst scores the week prior, but was saved from elimination.
- █ The contestant received the lowest score that week, and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant had to partake in the daytime challenge because they had one of the 4 worst scores the week prior, and was eliminated before the weekly live performances.
- █ The contestant had to partake in the daytime challenge because they had one of the 4 worst scores the week prior, was saved, but was eliminated after the weekly live performances.
- █ Two contestants were eliminated before the Top Three.
- █ The contestant did not participate in this episode, but was present during the final episode.
|Series #||Episode #||Episode Title||Air Date|
|1||1||The Art of Drag||November 14, 2019|
|2||2||Future Universe||November 21, 2019|
|3||3||Fairytale||November 28, 2019|
|4||4||Divas & Icons||December 05, 2019|
|5||5||Horror & Halloween||December 12, 2019|
|6||6||The Grand Finale||December 19, 2019|
Episode 1: "The Art of Drag"
Airdate: November 14, 2019
Synopsis: The ten queens move into the villa and get to know the judges. They prepare for the first live show in front of an audience, the three main judges and the guest judge Olivia Jones. The objective of that live show is to display their personal drag style.
- Guest Judge: Olivia Jones
- Show theme: Show your personal drag style.
- Queen of the Week: Yoncé Banks
- Eliminated: Janisha Jones
|Queen||Song(s)||Type of Performance|
|Aria Addams||"This Is Me" by Keala Settle and "TOY" by Netta||Lip Sync|
|Yoncé Banks||"El Anillo" by Jennifer Lopez|
|Samantha Gold||"Für mich soll's rote Rosen regnen" by Hildegard Knef||Live Singing|
|Hayden Kryze||"Black Madonna" by Lady Leshurr ft. Mr Eazi||Lip Sync|
|Janisha Jones||"Disturbia" by Rihanna|
|Candy Crash||"Bedtime Stories" by Madonna|
|Catherrine Leclery||"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor|
|Vava Vilde||"E.T." by Katy Perry|
|Katy Bähm||"Instruction" by Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don|
|Bambi Mercury||"Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen|
Episode 2: "Future Universe"
Airdate: November 21, 2019
Synopsis: Conchita visits the remaining 9 queens in their villa to announce this week's theme: "Future Universe". They have two hours to turn garbage into an outfit which they will present on the runway after their lip-sync performances in front of the judges and a live audience. Both of these performances are meant to fit this week's futuristic/science-fiction theme.
- Guest Judge: Amanda Lepore
- Show theme: Future Universe (and present a look created with unconventional materials)
- Runway song: "Boys" by Lizzo
- Queen of the Week: Katy Bähm
- Eliminated: Samantha Gold
Performances (Lip Syncs)
|Catherrine Leclery||"The Final Countdown" by Europe|
|Katy Bähm||"Walking On Air" by Katy Perry|
|Hayden Kryze||"Reaction" by Jewelz & Sparks and Sick Individuals|
|Aria Addams||"I Am Not a Robot" by Marina & The Diamonds, "UFO" by Vigiland
and "Space-Taxi" by Stefan Raab feat. the Cast of Traumschiff Surprise
|Samantha Gold||"Move In The Right Direction" by Gossip|
|Bambi Mercury||"Supernova" by Within Temptation|
|Candy Crash||"We Appreciate Power" by Grimes feat. HANA|
|Vava Vilde||"Faceshopping" by Sophie|
|Yoncé Banks||"Titanium" by David Guetta feat. Sia|
Episode 3: "Fairytale"
Airdate: November 28, 2019
Synopsis: The remaining 8 queens are visited by the mailman in their villa who sends this week's theme: "Fairytale". The four lowest queens from the week prior have to act in a parody of the fairytale "Little Red Riding Hood", while the top four queens will act as judges alongside Heidi, Bill and Conchita who will eliminate the weakest link. Afterwards, the remaining 7 queens will present their lip-sync performances to this week's theme in front of the judges and a live audience.
- Guest Judge: Leona Lewis
- Show theme: Fairytale
- Play: "Rot-Dragchen und der böse Wolf" starring Catherrine Leclery (as the grandmother), Candy Crash (as the Big Bad Wolf), Hayden Kryze (as "Rot-Dragchen") and Vava Vilde (as the hunter/narrator)
- First Eliminated: Hayden Kryze
- Queen of the Week: Catherrine Leclery
- Second Eliminated: Candy Crash
Performances (Lip Syncs)
|Candy Crash||"Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish|
|Vava Vilde||"Flawless" and "Haunted" by Beyoncé|
|Yoncé Banks||"What You Waiting For?" by Gwen Stefani|
|Catherrine Leclery||"Das Farbenspiel des Winds" from Pocahontas|
|Katy Bähm||"When You Believe" by Whitney Houston feat. Mariah Carey|
|Aria Addams||"Fever (Balduin Remix)" by Varrick Frost feat. Lawrence Lea|
|Bambi Mercury||"Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" by Eurythmics|
Episode 4: "Divas & Icons"
Airdate: December 05, 2019
Synopsis: The remaining 6 queens are yet again visited by the mailman with this week's motto: "Divas and Icons". The queens are separated into two groups (according to their placements from the week prior) and have to choreograph a group number as well as individual solo numbers to perform after their lip-sync performances to this week's theme in front of the judges and a live audience.
- Guest Judge: Pabllo Vittar
- Show theme: Divas & Icons
- Queen of the Week: Yoncé Banks
- Eliminated: Katy Bähm
|Queen||Diva/Icon||Song(s)||Type of Performance|
|Katy Bähm||Ariana Grande||"Focus" & "Break Free"||Lip Sync|
|Yoncé Banks||Beyoncé||"Crazy in Love"|
|Bambi Mercury||Klaus Nomi||"Total Eclipse"|
|Vava Vilde||Madonna||"American Life"|
|Catherrine Leclery||Whitney Houston||"I'm Every Woman"|
|Aria Addams||Lady Gaga||"The Edge of Glory"||Live Singing & Piano|
Group Number: Battle of the Divas
|Battle of the Divas||Group A||Group B|
|Group Song||"Independent Women" by Destiny's Child||"Wannabe" by The Spice Girls|
|Solo Songs||Bambi||"Your Disco Needs You" by Kylie Minogue||Aria||"Atemlos" by Helene Fischer|
|Yoncé||"...Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears||Vava||"Dirrty" by Christina Aguilera|
|Catherrine||"Believe" by Cher||Katy||"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani|
Episode 5: "Horror & Halloween
Airdate: December 12, 2019
Synopsis: The remaining 5 queens are visited by the mailman with this week's motto: "Horror and Halloween". In addition to their regular horror performance, the queens have to perform a dance number with a dance partner to songs chosen by the judges. Both performances take place in front of the judges and a live audience.
- Guest Judge: La Toya Jackson
- Show theme: Horror & Halloween
- Queens of the Week: Vava Vilde and Yoncé Banks
- Eliminated: Bambi Mercury and Catherrine Leclery
Performances (Lip Syncs)
|Queen||Songs for Horror Performances||Songs for Dance Performances|
|Bambi Mercury||"Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen||"Toxic" by Britney Spears|
|Yoncé Banks||"I Fink U Freeky" by Die Antwoord||"Sweet Dreams" by Marilyn Manson|
|Vava Vilde||"Engel" by Rammstein||"Murder on the Dancefloor" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor|
|Aria Addams||"The Spook Returns (Mix)" by KSHMR||"Sweet But Psycho" by Ava Max|
|Catherrine Leclery||"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday||"The Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show|
Top Three of Season 1
|Queens||Times as "Queen of the Week"||Total of Points|
|Aria Addams||0||77 Points|
|Vava Vilde||1 (Ep. 5)||77 Points|
|Yoncé Banks||3 (Eps. 1, 4, 5)||125 Points|
Episode 6: "The Grand Finale"
Airdate: December 19, 2019
Synopsis: The final 3 queens are visited by their fellow queens with the final motto: "Candyland". In addition to their regular performance, the finalists need to perform with the already eliminated queens in small groups and as one large group to songs chosen by the judges. Their three performances take place in front of the judges and a live audience.
- Guest Judge: Laganja Estranja
- Show theme: Candyland
- Top Three: Aria Addams, Vava Vilde and Yoncé Banks
- Winner of Queen of Drags - Season 1: Yoncé Banks
- Runner-Ups: Vava Vilde (3rd) and Aria Addams (2nd)
Group Numbers (Lip Syncs)
|Queen||Songs for Group Numbers||Returning Queens|
|Aria Addams||"Milkshake" by Kelis||Bambi Mercury and Samantha Gold|
|Vava Vilde||"California Gurls" by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg||Hayden Kryze and Janisha Jones|
|Yoncé Banks||"Lady Marmalade" by
Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink
|Candy Crash, Catherrine Leclery and Katy Bähm|
|Final Group Number||"Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé||Everyone|
Performances (Lip Syncs)
|Vava Vilde||"Underneath" by Adam Lambert|
|Yoncé Banks||"Standing on the Sun" by Beyoncé ft. Mr. Vegas|
|Aria Addams||"Candyman" by Christina Aguilera|
- The season's theme song is "Electrico Romantico (Bob Sinclar & Rayven & Valexx Disco Mix)" by Bob Sinclar feat. Robbie Williams.
Episode 1 - 6
(The videos explain, traduce from German, sum up and rank every queen from each episode of season 1)
Heidi Klum • Bill Kaulitz • Conchita Wurst