Vandalism, bullying, insults, trash talking, and inappropriate edits will NOT be tolerated. Pages on this site are designated for constructive and factual contributions. Please reserve all personal opinions for the comments section and keep things constructive.
Raven is the drag name of David Petruschin, a professional drag queen, makeup artist, performer, and comedian from Riverside, California. He competed in the second season of RuPaul's Drag Race, placing runner-up. He later went on to compete in All Stars 1, paired with Jujubee, but controversially came in second place again.
Raven was known on the show for his wit, his fashion sense, his fierce runway walks and his performances, including his lip-sync.
- 1 Drag Origin
- 2 RuPaul's Drag Race
- 3 Memorable Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Videos
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards and Nominations
- 9 Social Media
- 10 Navigation
He used to be a gogo boy and went by the name of Phoenix because he likes winged creatures.
When he started doing drag in 2002, he was deciding whether to be Raven or Phoenix. His friends suggested Raven is more unique and androgynous. He also didn't want a female name where people would call him when he is out of drag in the public.
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 2||All Stars 1|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||2 (Eps. 7, 8)||0|
|Mini Challenges Won:||3 (Eps. 1, 4, 5)||2 (Eps. 2, 5)|
|Times placed High:||3 (Eps. 5, 6, 9)||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 2, 3)||3 (Eps. 3, 4, 5)|
|Times placed Low:||0||1 (Ep. 2)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0||0|
|Episode Eliminated||Episode 11||Episode 6|
Raven was close to snatching the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar", but lost it to Tyra Sanchez.
The final challenge was to put together a music video for RuPaul's "Jealous of My Boogie" and to show off their final runway outfits for the season.
Raven was positively critiqued for having consistency throughout the whole competition, including his fashion sense and was told he has "superstar" quality.
During the final lip-sync, Tyra gave an over-the-top performance, outshined Raven's act and Raven lost the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar", leaving Raven to be the runner-up.
- "My name is David. In drag, when I've got on tits and tights, I go by Raven."
- "I don't carry a purse, I stick it all in my tits."
- "I like to be that mysterious, dark, ice queen. I think I have a look that people might be a little intimidated by."
- "Am I a 10? A perfect 10!"
- "Nicole got picked last because this is a sexy contest and she's not sexy."
- "To be in a room full of men, I can't fucking wait!"
- "I realized it didn't rain, but it was enough to buy a nice dinner at The Sizzler or something."
- "I think I can sell ice to an Eskimo, but, not dressed as a fucking chicken."
- "YES! Thank you Jesus!" (when saved from elimination after the previous two times in a row in the bottom)
- "Nicole's gone, praise the lord."
- "First of all, I ain't making out with nobody here, second of all I am NOT making out with you!" (referring to Nicole Paige Brooks)
- "She had no country, she don't own no country, she's as big as a country." (referring to Mystique)
- "I'm not getting married. 'Cause I'm a bitter bitch."
- "I'll have it hanging out for you then." (offering to show off her butt to Terri Nunn)
- "Everyone thinks you're pretty? I do think you're pretty, I think you have a beautiful face... for radio." (reading Tatianna)
- "Her interview was shit, her look was shit, her book cover was shit, her trying to launch and sell the book to the judges was shit, she's shit." (about Tatianna)
- "I wouldn't wear it, but for you, it's cute."
- "I'm a man in a dress."
- "She looks like a 99¢ store mess." (referring to Tatianna)
- "I'm a psychological woman."
- "I was giving Michelle Pfeiffer bitch. When I was looking at myself in that mirror, I was like "I look fucking good"."
- "If I were to win RuPaul’s Drag Race, it will help to show people that drag’s cool. Cause it’s fucking cool. Drag is cool."
- "Keep your eyes on the stars… You will never be one!" (lipstick message after her elimination in the Finale)
- "Nicole cannot bring sexy back."
- "I was able to spread my cooch and air it out!"
- ''Can we get someone over please? She can't breathe, literally. (talking about Tyra Sanchez after RuPaul announced that she won)
All Stars 1
- "This bitch is kinda bitter!" (about Chad Michaels)
- "Mimi Mother-fucking Imfurst walks up in this bitch. Why?"
- "Jujubee is here! And she's looking hot in some red hair!"
- "At this point, I couldn't give a shit because I'm trying to win!"
- "I got a sassy attitude, wit, humor, I am an all star!"
- "Well guess what Mimi? We did."
- "You, Mimi Imfurst. Mimi Imfurst was number third in the voting? I could not believe it."
- "Of the shit that I've seen, you don't have that many." (referring to Mimi's fans)
- "Out of 50 motherfucking bitches that have been here, how did you manage that?" (referring to Mimi's casting on All Stars 1)
- "They're both killing it, gonna be a tough one to call. I am glad I am not RuPaul." (referring to Latrice Royale and Tammie Brown's lipsync)
- "I'm giving them the essence of Raven... SEX." (during her lipsync against Team Yarlexis)
- "Yara Sofia, you give us diarrhea!" (reading Yara)
- "I do not wanna have to lipsync against Juju, but I'm gonna fight for my spot to stay in this competition." (before her lipsync against Jujubee)
- David is of Russian descent. Contrary to popular belief, he is not Jewish.
- He was raised Mormon, and is still an official member, but is inactive and has openly displayed disinterest in the faith.
- David came out as gay to his mother on Mother's Day.
- David has two dogs named Blu and Binki.
- David was inspired by his mom to do makeup, as he always watched his mom do her makeup.
- Before gaining a full drag career, David worked for MAC cosmetics and as a freelance makeup artist.
- David's favorite number is number 2. It can be speculated that Raven likes the number 2 for multiple reasons; he started drag in 2002, he was on Season 2 and ended up runner-up and was again runner-up on All Stars.
- David does not wear underwear.
- Raven was nominated for a "Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Makeup for a Multi-Camera Series or Special (Non-Prosthetic)" for RuPaul's Makeup in Season 10.
- Raven won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Contemporary Makeup for a Variety, Nofiction or Reality Program (Non-Prosthetic) for RuPaul's Makeup In Season 12.
- Raven is the second RuGirl to win an Emmy, after Delta Work.
- David, for Raven, owns over 32 sets of contact lenses with different colors and styles.
- Raven's inspirations include Madonna, Courtney Love, Debbie Herry & Terri Nunn.
- It can take up to 3 hours to transform from David to Raven.
- Vanity Fair listed Raven as the drag queen of the 2000s.
- She is best friends with Drag Race contestant Jujubee. This is evidently shown through their relationship throughout All Stars 1, where they combined to become team Rujubee. They also cried for each other in such an emotional lipsync that RuPaul saved them both from elimination.
- Throughout her seasons on the show, Raven has lipsynced a total of six times.
- Raven was Mathu Andersen's first and only choice to take on his legacy.
- Raven's first-ever international tour was a U.K. tour in spring 2017, with Jujubee.
- Raven was the first contestant to win her first challenge after placing in the bottom 2 twice. She would be followed by Coco Montrese in Season 5 and Heidi N Closet in Season 12.
- Of the three, she is the only one to win multiple challenges and to not win her first challenge in the episode immediately after her second bottom 2 placement.
- Raven is the only Drag Race Alumni that RuPaul follows on Instagram.
- Raven is known for wearing more nude colours when getting in drag, specifically beige. A commenter on YouTube once pointed this out, describing Raven as a “nightmare in beige”.
- Raven appeared on "Celebrity Family Feud" as part of a team with RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, and Latrice Royale.
- Raven is the third queen, following Alyssa Edwards, and Katya, to make two appearances on What's The Tee?
- Raven is the first Drag Race queen to appear as a guest on Snatch Game twice, on All Stars 2 and Season 13.
There have been many rumors going around that Raven has had several plastic surgery procedures not only to her face, but on her body as well.
He has confirmed that he has only had injections of collagen in his lips and once below his eyes in his cheeks, as he felt that throughout his life he never had lips, and he just wanted to get some more.
It is also noted that David might’ve gotten piercings on his face as well, due to the noticable studs underneath Raven’s lips during the entirity of Season 2.
During an interview, David stated that he would not change his appearance permanently in any way to improve the look of Raven. Any past or future procedures would be for David as David.
Season 2 Looks
All Stars 1 Looks
UK Season 1 Looks
Celebrity Drag Race 1 Looks
Season 13 Looks
UK Season 2 Looks
|2007||America's Next Top Model||Cameo|
|2010||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 2||Placed 2nd|
|2010||Drag Race: Untucked!|
|2010-2012||RuPaul's Drag U||12 episodes|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 4||Episode: "RuPocalypse Now!" (Zombie)|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 1||Placed 2nd|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Untucked!|
|2013||Drag My Dinner Party||Special|
|2013||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 5||Episode: "Lip Synch Extravaganza Eleganza" (Archive footage)|
Episode: "Reunited!" (Audience)
|2013-2015||Transformations||Episode: "Raven" (2013)|
Episode: "Raven" (2015)
|2014||Hey Qween!||Episode: "Raven"|
|2014||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 6||Episode: "Countdown to the Crown"|
|2015||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 7||Episode: "Countdown to the Crown"|
|2016||Hot T||Two episodes|
|2016||RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 2||Episode: "All Stars Snatch Game"|
|2016||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 8||Episode: "Keeping It 100" (Special guest)|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 10||Episode: "10s Across the Board"|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 11||Episode: "Whatcha Unpackin?" (Special guest)|
|2019||RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Season 1||Episode: "Posh On A Penny" (Special guest)|
|2020||RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12||Episode: "You Don't Know Me" and "Choices 2020" (Special guest)|
|2021||RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Season 2||Episode: "I Need A Hero" (Special guest)|
|2021||RuPaul's Drag Race Season 13||Episode: "Snatch Game" (Special guest)|
|2012||The Soup||Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham|
|2014||Berlin: Animal||Love Slave|
|2010||"Jealous of My Boogie"||RuPaul||Cameo|
|2011||"Diamond Crowned Queen"||Raja||Cameo|
|2012||"Feed Me Diamonds"||MNDR|
Awards and Nominations
|2017||WOWie Awards||Best Lips AKA The Pucker Up Award||Winner|
|2018||Hollywood Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Awards||Best Contemporary Makeup - Television and New Media Series||Nominated|
|2018||Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards||Outstanding Make-up for a Multi-Camera Series or Special (Non-Prosthetic)||Nominated|
2nd: Raven • 3rd: Jujubee
4th: Tatianna • 5th: Pandora Boxx (Miss Congeniality) • 6th: Jessica Wild • 7th: Sahara Davenport • 8th: Morgan McMichaels • 9th: Sonique • 10th: Mystique Summers Madison • 11th: Nicole Paige Brooks • 12th: Shangela Laquifa Wadley
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales