Rebecca Glasscock is the stage name of Javier Rivera, an American drag performer, and contestant of Season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Glasscock reached 3rd place in the first season.
During her time on the show, she was considered reserved and not well received by some of the contestants.
On episode 4, "Mac Viva-Glam Challenge", the queens were given 10 minutes to film a commercial for Mac Viva-Glam. During the commercial, the contestants explained who they were as queens and why they were beautiful, as well as informing viewers of Viva Glam's help for those living with HIV. Rebecca, upon thinking of a friend who had HIV, became emotional and walked off the set crying. After earlier conflicts with Glasscock, some contestants questioned her sincerity.
In her exit interview, Jade expressed that she was very angry and said, "Rebecca is the fakest bitch I've ever known".
Rebecca is considered the most undeserving queen to ever reach the top three. Many viewers say Rebecca should have lost her lip-sync to Jade and sent home in episode 4, and that if not for Shannel voting herself to leave the competition, Shannel would have been in the top 3, possibly changing the outcome of Season 1.
|Season Competed:||Season 1|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (ep.5)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (ep. 5)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (ep. 4,6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 8|
Drag Name Origin
Rebecca is her best friend’s name. She used to read out loud to practice her English while her drag mother Misty Eyez drives. She was reading a gay magazine's pen pal section and said this guy is perfect for Misty Eyez "6'4", blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular, tattoos, kind, considerate, compassionate you can write me at inmate number…" and his last name was Glasscock. They both thought that to be so amazing and decided to make it her drag name. She first went by the name Roxy Lame.
- Rebecca is of Puerto-Rican descent.
- Her drag mother is Misty Eyez.
- Rebecca is the first queen to place 3rd, as well as the first queen to be eliminated in the finale without lip-syncing.
- Rebecca is one of the four queens so far that have never lost a lip-sync (not counting winners), the other queens being Jujubee, Kameron Michaels, Naomi Smalls and Willam.
- Rebecca stopped doing drag for a while. Javier hinted about Rebecca's return on an Instagram post in May, 2018. Her appearance on the Season 10 live finale marked the return of Rebecca.
- Rebecca's appearance on season 10 set the record for the longest gap between appearing on seasons, with 9 years since being on season 1.
- Rebecca has made appearances in "Men In Black 3" and "Snow".
- Rebecca was the first queen to reach the top 3 while being low in the first episode.
- She lip-synced alongside Dusty Ray Bottoms during the Season 10 finale.
Season 1 Looks
|2009||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 1|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 1||Episode: Dynamic Drag Duos (Archive footage)|
|2018||RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 10||Episode: "Grand Finale"|
|2009||Men In Black 3||Transvestite at Happening|
2nd: Nina Flowers (Miss Congeniality) & 3rd: Rebecca Glasscock
Emanuel Palmer • Max "The Body" Philisaire