Robbie Turner is the stage name of Jeremy Baird, an American drag performer from Seattle, Washington. She is one of 12 contestants to compete on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Noted for her razor-sharp wit, Robbie's style is described by RuPaul as "classic sass," and by fellow contestants as "smart." She was affectionately referred to as "Robbie Turnter" by Ru and the judges and became a sort of 'big sister' character to other queens during the season. Robbie has developed a devoted following.
Robbie was notable as one of the most frequent "talking heads" during the season — featuring in regular, witty commentaries.
"Good morning! I didn't realize this was happening today."
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed||Season 8|
|Maxi Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Mini Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Times in Bottom:||2 (Eps. 3, 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Episode 6|
- Some of Robbie's inspirations for drag include Norma Shearer, Judy Garland, and Dolly Parton.
- She believes her drag is unique because she wears "actual vintage" and has "a strong sense of history."
- Robbie was a competitive skater and is the first and only queen to ever lip-sync in roller skates. She is also the first queen to break a main stage light bulb while doing so.
- She is the first queen from Seattle to participate in the Snatch Game and not win.
- Robbie won her first and only challenge on her birthday.
- Robbie, Naomi Smalls, and Derrick Barry are the only three contestants in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race to place in the bottom two, survive the lip-sync, and then win the main challenge in the following episode.
- Behind-the-scenes rumors leaked that she was a production-team favorite.
- In April 2018, Robbie stated she was in an Uber car crash that killed the driver. Many fans questioned the story being real, then Robbie stated it was just a dream, with the fanbase still being skeptical.
- Before Jinkx Monsoon left to compete and ultimately win Season 5 Robbie encouraged her to use "Water Off A Duck's Back" as a mantra in times of stress.
- Towards the end of January 2021, the profile picture of Robbie Turner's Instagram Account was changed which made many fans excited that she may start to be online more on social media however the actual reason why the account's profile picture changed is currently unknown.
- "Well, you should move." (to Sharon Needles during the mini-challenge photoshoot with past winners.)
- "Too real."
- "Good morning."
- "Am I the first girl that has ever broken a light on the runway? I'm gonna say yes."
- "I have a (Debbie Harry) poster that was above my bed and my parents really thought that I was straight for a minute."
- "I'm gonna tell you a story about flats. No."
- "I'm nailing it. Connect with my audience, make them laugh, make them want more...and then don't give it to them." (During her lip-sync against Derrick Barry)
Season 8 Looks
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg