Robbie Turner is the stage name of Jeremy Baird, an American drag performer from Seattle, Washington. She is one of 12 contestants to compete on the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Noted for her razor-sharp wit, Robbie's style is described by RuPaul as "classic sass," and by fellow contestants as "smart." She was affectionately referred to as "Robbie Turnter" by Ru and the judges and became a sort of 'big sister' character to other queens during the season. Robbie has developed a devoted following.
Baird was notable as one of the most frequent "talking heads" during the season - featuring in regular, witty between-scenes commentaries.
"Good morning! I didn't realize this was happening today."
RuPaul's Drag Race
|Season Competed:||Season 8|
|Mini-Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 1)|
|Times as Team Captain:||0|
|Main Challenges Won:||1 (Ep. 4)|
|Times in Bottom Two:||2 (Ep. 3, Ep. 6)|
|Episode Eliminated:||Ep. 6|
- Some of Robbie's inspirations for drag include Norma Shearer, Judy Garland, and Dolly Parton.
- She believes her drag is unique because she wears "actual vintage" and has "a strong sense of history".
- Robbie was a competitive skater, and is the first and only queen to ever lip-sync in roller skates. She is also the first queen to break a main stage light bulb while doing so.
- She is the first queen from Seattle to participate in the Snatch Game and not win.
- Robbie won her first and only challenge on her birthday.
- Robbie, Naomi Smalls and Derrick Barry are the only three contestants in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race to place in the bottom two, survive the lip-sync, and then win the main challenge in the following episode.
- Behind-the-scenes rumors leaked that she was a production-team favorite.
- In April 2018, Robbie stated she was in an Uber car crash that killed the driver. Many fans called the story being real into question, then Robbie stated it was just a dream, with the fanbase still being skeptical.
- "I'm gonna tell you a story about flats. No."
- "Too real."
- "Good morning."
- "Am I the first girl that has ever broken a light on the runway? I'm gonna say yes."
- "I have a (Debbie Harry) poster that was above my bed and my parents really thought that I was straight for a minute."
- "Last night on my way home my Uber was struck by a drunk driver. I closed my eyes briefly & it happened. I heard it, but hit my head & it was over. They ran tests at the hospital, but outside of my shoulder feeling jammed & my right eye hurting, I only have a bruise. Grateful that it wasn’t worse for me, but very sore and stiff today".
4th: Chi Chi DeVayne • 5th: Derrick Barry • 6th: Thorgy Thor • 7th: Robbie Turner • 8th: Acid Betty • 9th: Naysha Lopez • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine (Miss Congeniality) • 11th & 12th: Dax ExclamationPoint & Laila McQueen
Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found