Ross William Mathews (born September 24, 1979) is an American television personality widely known as an intern and a correspondent for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, where he was known as "Ross the Intern".
Mathews has subsequently appeared on Celebrity Fit Club, The Insider and regularly as a weekly panelist on Chelsea Lately. He is currently working on the show Live from E! Ross was the runner up on Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US).
He has served as a regular judge on RuPaul's Drag Race since Season 7 and RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars since Season 3, as he was hired with Carson Kressley to feature on rotation every other episode. Mathews has also acted as a guest judge on Season 4 and All Stars Seasons 1 and 2.
Mathews began as an intern behind the scenes on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. From December 2001, he covered movie premieres, the Academy Awards, two different Winter Olympics Games and other events.
He appeared on the fifth season of VH1's reality television show, Celebrity Fit Club. During the show, which premiered in April 2007, Mathews lost more than 40 lbs. and helped his team win the grand prize.
Mathews appeared as a celebrity mob member on seven episodes of NBC's prime time game show 1 vs. 100 in early 2008 with his winnings going to an animal adoption charity. Since 2011, Mathews has appeared a recurring guest role on the NBC daytime drama Days of Our Lives as Chris.
In 2009, Mathews was a contributing correspondent on The Insider and hosted a web show with The Insider called Inside Dish With Ross Mathews, where he took his viewers behind the scenes, as an "outsider" in Hollywood. "Inside Dish" became the official online web-shows for CBS's Big Brother and The Amazing Race. Also in 2009, Mathews co-hosted GSN's Big Saturday Night, a weekly three-hour live game show. His other 2009 appearances included The Howard Stern Show and the 2009 Game Show Awards with Diane Mizota.
In 2010, Mathews joined the E! Network's red carpet team, filling in for Ryan Seacrest as co-host with Giuliana Rancic for E! Live From the Red Carpet coverage of the 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards, the 2010 Emmy Awards, the 2011 Golden Globe Awards and the 2011 Academy Awards.
In January 2011, Mathews starred in a pilot that he produced and co-wrote with fellow Chelsea Lately roundtable regular Heather McDonald. Titled Love or Hate, the pilot was made for the E! Network and was executive produced by Chelsea Handler and her company Borderline Amazing Productions.By September 2011, Mathews had formally moved on from The Tonight Show, returning for guest appearances, including for the "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" skit on December 14, 2011.
Mathews is openly gay. Since 2008, he had been in a relationship with stylist Salvador Camarena. In 2013, the couple appeared in an episode of House Hunters while shopping for a home in Palm Springs. He was also on an episode of "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry" which aired on 2/14/16. Unfortunatley, the couple broke up in 2018.
Ross officially got married to Dr. Wellinthon García on May 7 2022, in Mexico.
Presence as regular judge on RuPaul's Drag Race
- █ The Maxi Challenge involved mainly comedy (improv, stand-up, roast).
- █ The Maxi Challenge involved mainly performing (lip syncing, singing, dancing).
- █ The Maxi Challenge involved mainly fashion.
- █ The Maxi Challenge involved mainly acting or hosting.
- █ The judge was a guest.
- Ross is the first person to be a guest on Snatch Game, a guest judge, and a permanent judge, followed by Jefferey Bowyer-Chapman of Canada's Drag Race.
- Ross appeared the most times in Season 11 compared to the rest of his time as a guest judge due to Carson Kressley only appearing in 2 episodes.
- Mathews appeared in the fourth episode of the Bravo series Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis, in which Lewis redesigned his and his boyfriend's garage.
- On May 7, 2013, Mathews released the book Man Up! Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence.
- Matthews has a podcast called "Straight Talk with Ross Mathews" that records at Podcast one Studios. Matthews podcast debuted November 6, 2014.
- Mathews was the host of Hello Ross, an interactive talk show on E! from September 6, 2013 until May 16, 2014.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|