|RuPaul's Drag Race|
This article contains spoilers and/or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time. Continue reading at your own discretion.
The fourth season of RuPaul's Drag Race began airing on January 30, 2012, with cast members announced November 13, 2011. The winner of season four headlined Logo's Drag Race Tour featuring Absolut Vodka, won a one-of-a-kind trip, a lifetime supply of NYX Cosmetics, a cash prize of $100,000, and the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar".
Like the last season, Santino Rice & Billy B (Billy Brasfield), celebrity makeup artist and star of the HGTV mini-series Hometown Renovation, shared the same seat at the judges table alternatively, Brasfield filling in for Rice when needed. Both judges appeared side-by-side in the audience during the "Reunited" episode.
The theme song playing during the runway every episode was "Glamazon" and the song played during the credits was "The Beginning", both from RuPaul's album Glamazon.
Chad Michaels and Latrice Royale would later return in RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race, competing to be crowned "Queen of All Queens" and be inducted into the "Drag Race Hall of Fame". Latrice placed 7th/8th along side Season 3 contestant Manila Luzon. Chad won the competition.
Phi Phi O'Hara competed on All Stars 2 where she placed 7th.
Latrice Royale competed on All Stars 4 where she placed 5th.
(Ages and names stated are during time of contest)
|Rank||Photo||Contestant||Real Name||Age||Hometown|| Ep.|
| Ep. 5 (Snatch|
| Ep. 10|
|Ep. 11 (Ball)||Ep. 12||Ep. 13 (Recap)||Ep. 14 (Reunion)|
|Sharon Needles||Aaron Coady||29||Pittsburgh, PA||WIN|| HIGH|
|Chad Michaels||Chad Michaels||40||San Diego, CA||SAFE|| WIN|
|TOP 3||N/A|| RUN|
|Phi Phi O'Hara||Jaremi Carey||25||Chicago, IL||SAFE|| HIGH|
|WIN||HIGH||TOP 3||N/A|| RUN|
|Latrice Royale||Timothy Wilcots||39||South Beach, FL||SAFE||HIGH||SAFE||WIN||SAFE||HIGH|| LOW|
|Kenya Michaels||Kenya Olivera||21||Dorado, PR||LOW||HIGH|| HIGH|
|6th||Dida Ritz||Xavier Hairston||25||Chicago, IL||SAFE||LOW||BTM2||SAFE||SAFE||LOW||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM||RTRN|
|Willam||Willam Belli||29||Los Angeles, CA||SAFE|| SAFE|
|8th||Jiggly Caliente||Bianca Castro||30||Queens, NY|| BTM2|
|9th||Milan||Dwayne Cooper||36||New York, NY||SAFE|| HIGH|
|10th||Madame LaQueer||Carlos Melendez||29||Carolina, PR||SAFE||WIN||LOW|| ELIM|
|11th||The Princess||Adam Biga||31||Chicago, IL||HIGH||BTM2||ELIM||RTRN|
|12th||Lashauwn Beyond||Jamall Jackson||21||Fort Lauderdale, FL||HIGH||ELIM||RTRN|
|13th||Alisa Summers||Alex Hernandez||23||Tampa, FL||ELIM||RTRN|
- █ The contestant won RuPaul's Drag Race
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant made it to the Top 3.
- █ The contestant was one of two winners of the main challenge.
- █ The contestant won the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant had immunity in this episode.
- █ The contestant was a member of a winning team, & was safe from elimination, but did not win the main challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two, but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two & was eliminated.
- █ The contestant was eliminated for the second time.
- █ The contestant was one of two winners of the main challenge but was disqualified for breaking show rules.
- █ After being eliminated, the contestant was voted Miss Congeniality by viewers on Episode 14.
- █ After being eliminated, the contestant returned and appeared on Episode 14 (The Reunion), but was out of the running.
- █ The contestant did not participate in this episode.
|Series #||Episode #||Title #||Airdate|
|38||1||RuPocalypse Now!||January 30, 2012|
|39||2||WTF!: Wrestling's Trashiest Fighters||February 6, 2012|
|40||3||Glamazons vs Champions||February 13, 2012|
|41||4||Queens Behind Bars||February 20, 2012|
|42||5||Snatch Game||February 27, 2012|
|43||6||Float Your Boat||March 5, 2012|
|44||7||Dragazines||March 12, 2012|
|45||8||Frenemies||March 19, 2012|
|46||9||Frock the Vote!||March 26, 2012|
|47||10||DILFs: Dads I'd Like To Frock||April 2, 2012|
|48||11||The Fabulous Bitch Ball||April 9, 2012|
|49||12||RuPaul Rewind||April 16, 2012|
|50||13||The Final Three||April 23, 2012|
|51||14||Reunited||April 30, 2012|
Episode 1 - RuPocalypse Now!
The first episode of season 4 was released prior to its January 30 air date to fans of the RuPaul's Drag Race Facebook page. The sneak peek video was released on January 27, but its content was cut short before the runway walk and judging. Thirteen new queens begin their quests for the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar," but first must survive drag zombies and the end of the world. After revealing their apocalyptic couture on the runway; Milan, Chad Michaels, Willam, Madame LaQueer, Phi Phi O'Hara, Latrice Royale, and DiDa Ritz were all called out as safe. RuPaul does stop them momentarily to request they impress her next week before they leave the stage. Sharon Needles, the Princess, and Lashauwn Beyond are praised for their looks. Lashauwn Beyond's timid personality hinders her from the win, but she is safe. The Princess' look failed to show true apocalyptic wear-and-tear, but otherwise was a hit, and is safe. Sharon Needles' flair for the macabre works to her advantage, and she wins the challenge; gaining a custom made dress and immunity from elimination next week. Kenya Michaels' outfit shows no resemblance to anything post-apocalyptic, yet her fierce runway walk and fiery persona saves her from the bottom two. Jiggly Caliente's messy attempt at a sewn outfit lands her in the bottom two alongside Alisa Summers, whose outfit focused far too much on her breastplate for the judges' tastes. After lip syncing, in which Jiggly Caliente gave a high-energy performance compared to Alisa Summers' more lackadaisical approach, RuPaul sends Alisa Summers home before declaring Jiggly Caliente as safe.
- Guest Judges: Cassandra Peterson (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) and Mike Ruiz
- Mini-Challenge: Photographer Mike Ruiz shoots
- The contestants for a "totally toxic" photo spread where they pose on a spinning platform while being sprayed with "hazardous waste".
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Jiggly Caliente
- Main Challenge: The queens design a post-apocalyptic couture outfit from items looted from drag queen zombies (AKA Queens from previous seasons).
- Main Challenge Winner: Sharon Needles
- Bottom Two: Alisa Summers & Jiggly Caliente
- Lip Sync Song: "Toxic" by Britney Spears
- Eliminated: Alisa Summers
- Farewell Message: "Keep it cute ladies! Shady sisters 4-ever! ♥ Alisa"
Episode 2 - WTF!: Wrestling's Trashiest Fighters
Women's wrestling challenge, an homage to G.L.O.W.. Further to the mini-challenge, the queens were separated into three teams headed by the mini-challenge winners, and were asked to create a wrestling storyline and to choreograph a match, to be performed in front of the judges and a live audience. In addition, the teams had to split into binomials: the nice girls, or the Faces, and the bad girls, or the Heels. The girls were also asked to walk the runway in their best "girly-girl" couture.
|Team Phi Phi||Team Willam||Team Chad|
|LA's Finest||The Bitter Betties||DWF'd||Thunder Booties||The Knockouts||Bitch Kickers|
|Phi Phi Fierce||Latrice the Beast||Willamita Hater||Pucker Up Princess||Milan the Model||Chaderella Chainsaw Michaels|
|Lashauwn the Blonde||Killer Kenya||DiDa Diddles||J-Train Jiggly||Sharon Shocker||Madame LaCrush|
Team Chad wins the challenge, with Chad Michaels and Madame LaQueer being declared the overall winners, for their portrayal of the "Bitch Kickers". They both win a set of wigs, yet with two sharing the win, no immunity is given this week. The remaining two teams receive varied amounts of criticism, with Phi Phi, Kenya, and Latrice getting the better of the critiques, and the judges noting their positive performances. Jiggly is called out by several of her competitors for lacking in the competition, however, the four of them are all called safe. It is then revealed DiDa, Willam, Lashauwn, and the Princess are the bottom four of the week. The judges thought that Willam's wrestling looked fake, but he is safe. DiDa's dress was not appreciated and Billy B. added that she got the "girl that sort of walks around the ring thing", but her wrestling was weak. Lackluster performances by Lashauwn, who seemed no to take the challenge seriously, and the Princess, who didn't step up and tried to act mean, land them in the bottom two. During the lip-sync elimination, Lashauwn commits several drag offenses during the routine, most noticeably kicking her heels off at the start of the song. Ultimately, these combined with a fairly pale lip-sync performance which sends her packing, with RuPaul telling the Princess to stay.
- Guest Judges: Rick Fox and John Salley
- Wrestling Trainers: "Hollywood's Own" Joey Ryan, Hector "El Chido" Canales and "King of Submissions" Ryan Taylor
- Mini-Challenge: Split into teams of four and create a "Badonkadonk" with padding in 30 minutes.
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Chad Michaels, Willam, and Phi Phi O'Hara
- Main Challenge: Create a wrestling storyline, with "backstage" clips and an entertaining match in the ring.
- Runway Theme: Girly Girl Couture
- Main Challenge Winners: Chad Michaels and Madame LaQueer
- Main Challenge Prize: A selection of wigs from Risqué Wigs
- Bottom Two: Lashauwn Beyond & The Princess
- Lip Sync Song: "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer
- Eliminated: Lashauwn Beyond
- Farewell Message: "Stay true 2 U + xoxo good luck! -Beyond!"
Episode 3 - Glamazons vs. Champions
The queens make commercials for RuPaul's albums Glamazon and Champion. The queens were separated into two teams, led by Phi Phi (Team Champion) and Kenya (Team Glamazon).
|Team Glamazon||Song||Team Champion||Song|
|Chad Michaels||"The Beginning"||DiDa Ritz||"Main Event"|
|Kenya Michaels||"Get Your Rebel On"||Jiggly Caliente||"LadyBoy"|
|Madame LaQueer||"Responsitrannity"||Latrice Royale||"Never Go Home Again"|
|Milan||"Superstar"||Phi Phi O'Hara||"Jealous of My Boogie"|
|The Princess||"If I Dream"||Sharon Needles||"Cover Girl"|
|Willam||"Click Clack (Make Dat Money)"|
During the recording, the Princess forgot her lines several times while DiDa tried to get out of her comfort zone but didn't look natural. In the meantime, Sharon Needles had a hard time connecting with the challenge, as she felt Phi Phi was pigeonholing her as a Goth queen. The girls were asked to walk the runway with their "Platinum and Gold" drag looks. Willam, Phi Phi O'Hara, Latrice Royale, Milan, and Jiggly Caliente were declared as safe. During the judges' critiques, Madame LaQueer's outfit was compared to "fungus" by Michelle Visage, who also thought that her infomercial was relying too much on Spanish. Chad Michaels received high appreciations for her look, but was encouraged to get out of her perfection. Kenya's energy and great look also had a good impression on the judges. Sharon Needles' look was praised and RuPaul declares her the winner of this week's challenge, earning her a set of custom jewellery. DiDa and the Princess were asked to lip sync for their lives in response to their fumbling, meek infomercial performances. DiDa's high-energy and connection to the song out-shined the Princess which led RuPaul to ask her to stay and the Princess to Sashay Away.
- Guest Judges: Amber Riley and Natalie Cole
- Mini-Challenge: Create hats with butterfly-shaped accessories for guest Piyah Martell, Internet diva and transgender teen born with Caudal Regression Syndrome.
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Phi Phi O'Hara, Kenya Michaels, and Jiggly Caliente
- Main Challenge: Produce and act in TV infomercials for RuPaul's Glamazon and Champion.
- Runway Theme: Platinum and Gold
- Main Challenge Winner: Sharon Needles
- Main Challenge Prize: A custom jewelry set from Fierce Drag Jewels
- Bottom Two: DiDa Ritz & The Princess
- Lip Sync Song: "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" by Natalie Cole
- Eliminated: The Princess
- Farewell Message: "This is (only) the begining ! Much Love - The Princess / I ♥ U DIDA RITZ!"
Episode 4 - Queens Behind Bars
At the beginning of the episode, the queens praise DiDa's high-energy lip-sync from the previous episode, which DiDa said came from anger towards the judges for judging her so harshly. They also discuss the fact that Sharon now has two wins in three episodes. Phi Phi says that she assumed Sharon would win the previous challenge, because she gave Sharon "a character that she could excel at," leading to tension between the two later in the episode. For the mini challenge, the queens are paired up to pose for memorable mug shots, for which they will do each other's makeup while handcuffed together. Willam and Madame LaQueer win the mini challenge for their creative idea of covering each other with blue paint and saying that they robbed a bank (so they would be covered with blue dye that is kept in the vaults). For winning, the two become team captains for the main challenge: act in a sitcom ("Hot in Tuckahoe") set in a jail. After appearing in their best red-carped attire, team Willam is declared the winning team, with Latrice's sassy, hilarious performance earning her the win of the main challenge. Team Madame receives largely negative reviews. DiDa's polish is once again admonished, but her performance in the challenge was highly praised, keeping her out of the bottom two. Sharon's attitude during the challenge gets her in trouble, but she is also safe. the judges felt that Kenya was miscast, resulting in an awkward performance. Even so, Kenya is safe. Madame's botched up job as team leader, as well as her sloppy performance lands her in the bottom two alongside Milan, whom the judges felt wasn't shining through for having an acting background. During the lip sync, Milan splits, death-drops, and rips her dress and wig off trying to do what DiDa did the previous week. Madame also tears off her wig but she only stands in one single place, not giving the performance the song required, so she Sashays Away.
|Team LaQueer||Team Willam|
|DiDa Ritz||Jiggly Caliente|
|Sharon Needles||Latrice Royale|
|Kenya Michaels||Phi Phi O'Hara|
- Guest Judges: Billy B., Nicole Sullivan and Max Mutchnick
- Mini-Challenge: In pairs, paint each other's face while handcuffed to one another and post for a mug shot photo shoot.
- Mini-Challenge Winners: Willam and Madame LaQueer
- Main Challenge: In two teams, star in two different episodes of a sitcom.
- Main Challenge Winner: Latrice Royale
- Main Challenge Prize: A cruise courtesy of Al & Chuck Travel
- Bottom Two: Madame LaQueer & Milan
- Lip Sync Song: "Trouble" by Pink
- Eliminated: Madame LaQueer
- Farewell Message: "Girls: Stay humble... People go up... You'll be on the way down! Kisses MLQ / Chad, Sharon, Milan, Dita = True Friends / Kenya : Botate Mami !"
Episode 5 - Snatch Game
For the mini-challenge, the contestants participate in a game called "Beat the Cock" (a pun on the game show Beat the Clock). Three contestants compete against one another in three preliminary rounds that lead up to a "cocktacular finale". The winner of the challenge is promised a call home. Each round features some form of innuendo, with chicken entendres and physical dexterity: "Cock-a-Doodle-Ru" (won by Phi Phi), "Pluck-a-Duck" (won by DiDa), and "Choke the Rooster" (won by Milan). The final round of Beat the Cock pits Phi Phi, DiDa, and Milan in "Lay an Egg," where each queen navigates a wig-head obstacle course while tucking raw eggs between their thighs. Phi Phi succeeds in winning Beat the Cock, though she gives her prize phone-call home to Chad Michaels (who would be celebrating an eight-year anniversary with his boyfriend if he weren't on the show). The main challenge is revealed to be this season's installment of "Snatch Game": a comedic game show in which the episodes' celebrity guest judges star as contestants and the queens impersonate female celebrities of their own choosing.
|DiDa Ritz||Wendy Williams|
|Latrice Royale||Aretha Franklin|
|Phi Phi O'Hara||Lady Gaga|
|Sharon Needles||Michelle Visage|
Jiggly, Phi Phi, and Kenya are openly critiqued by Latrice for their "unprofessional" behavior during the Snatch Game. She scolds them for interrupting RuPaul and the tone of their performances; described on Untucked! by Sharon as "nutty" and "way over the top" by Jiggly. On the runway, DiDa, Latrice, and Jiggly are declared safe. Chad Michaels is praised for his giraffe-print outfit and his impersonation of Cher, which is his claim to fame as a drag performer. Though Willam and Sharon also have exceptional performances, Chad is named the winner of the challenge. Phi Phi, Kenya, and Milan are singled out for their poor impersonations of the celebrities they were trying to imitate. Milan also receives criticism for wearing a tuxedo (a la Janelle Monae) as a man in a drag competition - Michelle Visage calls her a "drag king". Kenya's performance as Beyonce is also declared by RuPaul to be very uncomfortable to watch, as it was over the top and dramatic. Ultimately, Kenya and Milan are placed in the bottom two and both provide energetic renditions of the song, even death-dropping at the same time! Milan's homage to voguing makes him safe and sends Kenya home.
- Guest Judges: Loretta Devine and Ross Matthews
- Mini-Challenge: Compete in a game called "Beat the Cock"
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Phi Phi O'Hara
- Main Challenge: Celebrity impersonations on the Snatch Game
- Main Challenge Prize:' A custom gown from Marco Marco
- Runway Theme: Best Drag
- Main Challenge Winner: Chad Michaels
- Bottom Two: Kenya Michaels & Milan
- Lip Sync Song: "Vogue" by Madonna
- Eliminated: Kenya Michaels
- Farewell Message: "[...] I'll be waiting for you in my kindom / Phi Phi - I love you - sisters 4 ever"
Episode 6 - Float Your Boat
The queens design ship-shaped floats for a Pride Parade runway extravaganza. One color from the 8-stripe rainbow flag was randomly assigned to each contestant by Willam, who won the wet T-shirt contest mini-challenge.
|Phi Phi O'Hara||Violet/Purple|
Jiggly Caliente noticeably slowed the queens on their way to the runway, unready when most of the girls were finished. She also had troubles designing her boat. During the judges' critiques, Latrice's look was praised, especially her rhinestone makeup (called "artwork" by Michelle Visage), as her boat, emanting "chicness" through the eyes of Billy B., but was reprimanded for the boots that she wore too frequently. Chad Michaels' showgirl ensemble was not fashion-forward enough and once again she was critiqued for her wish to be perfect every time. Willam's look and boat were appreciated, while Milan was called vulgar and "dude in a dress". Jiggly Caliente disappointed the judges for her boat which left a sensation of unfinished work, and her cape which hid a swimsuit that the judges liked. DiDa's boat was not shining enough while her outfit was more pedestrian than "drag queen". Phi Phi received all around praise for her boat and her look, receiving a compliment from Billy B. that her makeup has improved dramatically. Willam won the challenge, while Sharon, Chad, Latrice, Phi Phi, and DiDa were declared safe, leaving Milan and Jiggly to lip sync for their lives. Both girls delivered high-energy performances. However, due to committing the drag felony of ripping her wig and outfit off, and also for landing in the bottom two three challenges in a row, Milan was told to Sashay Away, while Jiggly got to stay for another week.
- Guest Judges: Billy B., Kelly Osbourne, and Pauley Perrette
- Mini-Challenge: Gain the biggest crowd reaction in a wet T-shirt contest.
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Willam
- Main Challenge: Create and wear a parade float based on a color of the pride flag.
- Main Challenge Winner: Willam
- Bottom Two: Jiggly Caliente & Milan
- Lip Sync Song: "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- Eliminated: Milan
- Farewell Message: "Say love n show love / Colored girl, why yo base look like chalk? / Jiggly REPRESENT / Dwayne Milan"
Episode 7 - Dragazines
The contenders' challenge was to produce a magazine cover. The magazines were shared out among the queens by Latrice Royale, who won the mini-challenge.
|DiDa Ritz||Tastes Like Chicken||Food|
|Jiggly Caliente||Battle of the Bulge||Health & Fitness|
|Latrice Royale||What's the T?||Celebrity Gossip|
|Phi Phi O'Hara||Sashay Away||Travel|
|Sharon Needles||Kitty Cat||Cat Lovers|
|Willam||Sugar Walls||Home Decor|
DiDa Ritz seems to take her magazine too seriously, while Jiggly Caliente is pushed to do humor by the other contestants and RuPaul himself, but is afraid of not succeeding. During the photoshoot, with Jonathan Clay Harris, Phi Phi O'Hara wants to highlight her sexy side. Willam gets undressed and tries to be funny, putting lampshades over the Pit Crew members' heads. Sharon Needles is aiming to put humor on her cover, donning a Grey Gardens-inspired ensemble. Chad Michaels tried to do an old Hollywood fashion, while Latrice used the Pit Crew. During the judges' critiques on the runway, Chad Michaels' cover was considered to be out of fashion, and Michelle Visage thought that she didn't take enough risks on her runway look. DiDa Ritz's cover was moderately appreciated, and the judges emphasised that the proportions of her body weren't exploited correctly. Michelle Visage demanded to Sharon Needles to try real glamour, while her cover received positive critiques. Latrice Royale's gown and magazine cover were considered too heavy and lacklustre. Jiggly Caliente was criticized for not using humor. Phi Phi's dress was highly praised, considered by the judges as the best she had worn since the beginning of the competition, while her cover was considered fresh and funny. Willam's look was appreciated but her was challenged for his five o'clock shadow, and his diva behavior. Phi Phi is declared the winner of the challenge, earning a cruise. Sharon, DiDa, Chad, and Latrice are declared safe, leading to a lip sync between Willam and Jiggly. They both gave a good performance, however, this was Jiggly's third time in the bottom two, and Jiggly was asked to Sashay Away.
- Guest Judges: Regina King and Pam Tillis
- Mini-Challenge: "Reading is Fundamental"
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Latrice Royale
- Main Challenge: Create a magazine cover
- Main Challenge Winner: Phi Phi O'Hara
- Bottom Two: Jiggly Caliente & Willam
- Lip Sync Song: "Mi Vida Loca" by Pam Tillis
- Eliminated: Jiggly Caliente
- Farewell Message: "To my Bitchez / <3 y'all 2 Death! / C U @ da Reunion / Keep it Real / Luv the Dusty 'RPDR' Girls! <3 / Shady / I can get ****** now! / <3 Dida / Jiggly Caliente"
Episode 8 - Frenemies
The girls return to the work room and find that their mini challenge is not an actual challenge this time. Each girl is hooked up to a polygraph machine and given a lie detector test through a series of questions asked by RuPaul. After the questioning, RuPaul reveals the main challenge for the girls: a live performance duet and sing an original song "So Much Better Than You" between two queens who have the least in common with each other, AKA "frenemies". The duet partners in crime are Phi Phi and Sharon, Latrice and Willam, and DiDa and Chad.
During the judges' critiques, Latrice and Willam are praised for their cohesive and campy style, but are warned from overdoing physical humor. Chad and DiDa receive critiques for a lack of balance between DiDa's high energy and Chad's professional demeanor. Phi Phi and Sharon are praised for their individual looks, but are called out for losing their harmony during the song, and for being "too nice" during their performance and losing the "frenemy" feeling. Latrice and Willam are declared the winners of the challenge. Before RuPaul can declare the bottom two, Willam, who had been noticeably ill-looking and quiet during the challenge, ends up being sick off the side of the stage. After he recovers enough to continue, RuPaul declares Chad and DiDa safe, leaving Sharon and Phi Phi to lip sync for their lives. Both contestants deliver a high-energy performance. After the lip sync, RuPaul calls Willam forward to the stage, and reveals that Willam has been caught breaking the rules lined out in the contract for the show, leaving RuPaul no choice but to disqualify Willam and eliminate him from the competition, despite his win. Phi Phi and Sharon are then both declared safe in light of the shocking twist.
- Guest Judges: Lucian Piane, Pamela Anderson, and Jennifer Tilly
- Mini-Challenge: Polygraph test administered by RuPaul
- Mini-Challenge Winner: N/A
- Main Challenge: Live singing duet between the pairs of queens with the least in common.
- Main Challenge Winner: Latrice Royale & Willam
- Bottom Two: Phi Phi O'Hara & Sharon Needles
- Lip Sync Song: "It's Raining Men (The Sequel)" by Martha Wash and RuPaul
- Disqualified: Willam
- Farewell Message: "Hi, I showed my ass (a lot) so here's one for the road. Willam. (with a butt print on the mirror)"
Episode 9 - Frock the Vote!
The top five girls return to the work room, and RuPaul brings them their next mini challenge: create fashionable footwear out of clear platform heels using an Absolut cocktail as inspiration. Phi Phi wins the mini challenge, and RuPaul then presents them with their main challenge. The girls will be campaigning for the Drag Queen Presidency, and must put together a presentation for a round table political debate. For their runway, the queens needed to dress their best for the president's inaugural ball.
For the main challenge debate, Chad decided to take an unorthodox approach and portray an irreverent and unlikely candidate, sporting two pink afros and have no serious answers to questions. DiDa, visibly troubled with the challenge due to her aversion to politics, did not portray any specific character. Phi Phi channeled a naive country republican type character who would ramble and make off color remarks towards the other candidates (especially DiDa and Latrice). Sharon took the challenge seriously, dressing the part of a strong female business woman and answered the panel's questioning with sincerity and a touch of Sharon's distinct humor. Latrice personified a strong independent female candidate and had serious answers for most of her questions.
During the judges' critiques, Chad was praised by panel for her dedication to her character and her runway dress, which Santino commented that she was the only one who looked like she was attending an inauguration ball. Michelle, however, criticized her again for portraying a character and not herself. DiDa was read for stumbling through her answers, and also for never delivering a full package on the runway. Phi Phi's character received mixed reviews, some judges found her entertaining, but for the most part she was deemed as off-putting and offensive and relied too heavily on props. Sharon received all-round praise for her approach to the challenge as well as her "future drag gown" made from pantyhose. The judges felt Latrice started strong but missed many opportunities and didn't utilize her time well. She also made a few fashion mistakes that Michelle Visage felt that the top 5 queens should not be making.
After deliberation, Sharon was declared the winner of the challenge, while Chad and Phi Phi were safe, leaving DiDa and Latrice in the bottom two. Both queens delivered high energy performances during the lip sync, but it was Latrice's soul filled interpretation that won out, granting her another week in the competition, while DiDa Ritz Sashayed Away. Before the remaining queens could celebrate, RuPaul announced her latest twist in the competition: One of the eliminated queens will be returning to the competition next week.
- Guest Judges: Dan Savage and Jeffry Moran
- Mini-Challenge: Design an Absolut Vodka-inspired shoe.
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Phi Phi O'Hara
- Main Challenge: Participate in a Presidential debate as the 2012 Wig Party candidate
- Runway Theme: Inaugural Drag
- Main Challenge Winner: Sharon Needles
- Bottom Two: DiDa Ritz & Latrice Royale
- Lip Sync Song: "I've Got to Use My Imagination" by Gladys Knight
- Eliminated: DiDa Ritz
- Farewell Message: "Ms. Cheese loves you! Stay true 2 U girl / Chad, Needles, Latrice XXX P.S. Phi Phi: Thank u love u"
Episode 10 - DILFs: Dads I'd Like to Frock
At the start of the episode, the queens begin to wonder which queen would be the returning queen. It is revealed that Kenya has returned to the competition, and she wins the mini challenge, which was to drag out a stuffed teddy bear. For their main challenge, the queens are paired up with dads for a maternity runway/makeover and striptease.
|Chad Michaels||Lady Samantha|
|Kenya Michaels||Lil' Mama Michaels|
|Latrice Royale||Sharelle Royale|
|Phi Phi O'Hara||Gi Gi O'Hara|
|Sharon Needles||Robin Mansions|
On the runway, Chad and Phi Phi receive the most praise, but it is Phi Phi's personal connection with her DILF that leads her to becoming the winner. Kenya is told she is in the bottom two for her performance being too somber. Sharon is criticized for giving her DILF a face "only a mother could love", but she is declared safe. Latrice is placed in the bottom two for showing little resemblance to her "sister", as well as a lackluster striptease. Latrice gives a heartfelt and emotional performance while Kenya bounds, dances around the stage (and takes off her wig), causing Latrice to be declared safe and Kenya to be sent home for the second time.
- Guest Judges: Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Returned Queen: Kenya Michaels
- Mini-Challenge: Give a teddy bear a makeover
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Kenya Michaels
- Main Challenge: Turn a DILF into a pregnant drag diva
- Main Challenge Winner: Phi Phi O'Hara
- Bottom Two: Kenya Michaels & Latrice Royale
- Lip Sync Song: "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin
- Eliminated: Kenya Michaels
- Farewell Message: "Girl I say goodbye again! Thank your love. When I left this competition, I felt loved. I love you, and the winner is... I don't know. Kiss K.M."
Episode 11 - The Fabulous Bitch Ball
For the mini challenge, the queens made a puppet of their own peers and made a bitch fest. Chad won the challenge and as a reward, she was allowed to pair each queen with a dog to use as inspiration for the main challenge. (Chinese Crested dog for Chad, Bloodhound for Phi Phi, Poodle for Sharon, and Pomeranian for Latrice). Phi Phi was upset when she was matched with the most difficult dog to work with. RuPaul then asked the queens to additionally perform a production number as dogs.
- Daytime Dog Park- Display daytime looks
- Pooch in a Purse- Party girl realness
- Canine Couture Eleganza- Looks inspired by real life dogs.
On the main stage, Sharon received good critiques, particularly for her "Olsen Twin"-inspired party chic realness. Phi Phi also received good feedback despite having problems in the workroom. Chad did a fair job, but the judges felt that his challenge outcome wasn't at the level they'd seen from her all season, and Latrice was criticized for having unfinished hemlines, as well as producing only one good look, with Michelle Visage adding that Latrice's paled in comparison to the other queens. RuPaul asked the queens who each thought should go home; Chad and Sharon both chose Phi Phi while Latrice and Phi Phi chose Sharon, leading to an onstage argument between Phi Phi and Sharon. Sharon was declared the challenge winner, and despite the argument in front of the judges, Phi Phi was declared safe, leaving Chad and Latrice to lip sync for their lives, with Latrice sent home.
- Guest Judges: Rose McGowan and Wynonna Judd
- Mini-Challenge: Everybody Loves Puppets
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Chad Michaels
- Main Challenge: Design three outfits for the runway in the categories: Daytime Dog Park, Pooch in a Purse and Canine Couture, an outfit inspired by an actual dog.
- Main Challenge Winner: Sharon Needles
- Bottom Two: Latrice Royale & Chad Michaels
- Lip Sync Song: "No One Else on Earth" by Wynonna Judd
- Eliminated: Latrice Royale
- Farewell Message: "My divas, Remember who you are, and what you stand for / I love you and miss all. Stay fierce!! Latrice Royale"
Top Three of Season 4
|Queens||Challenge Wins||Up for Elimination|
(Eps. 2, 5)
(Eps. 7, 10)
(Eps. 1, 3, 9, 11)
Episode 12 - RuPaul Rewind
A look back on the highlights, low-lights, and previously unseen footage from the season as we race toward the climatic grand finale! RuPaul is joined by Shannel (Season 1), Pandora Boxx (Season 2), and Mariah (Season 3) as they look back over the top 10 fits of fashion from the season so far. This episode also included a few clips of queens who didn't make it on the season, such as Magnolia Crawford and Joslyn Fox of Season 6 and Mrs. Kasha Davis of Season 7.
Episode 13 - The Final Three
The queens compete in their final challenge: star in RuPaul's music video for "Glamazon". Candis Cayne helped them with choreography. Although Phi Phi knew all the steps, it was too "Cha Cha", Sharon was castigated for not getting the moves right. At the shooting of the music dance scene, Sharon struggled to get the choreography. After the shoot, past season winners Tyra Sanchez and Raja informed the girls that they have to have a Lunch Kiki with RuPaul and help them with the acting scene. Chad expresses her long time commitment to drag. Phi Phi shared her physically abused past. Sharon expresses her problem about her boyfriend Alaska if she wins the competition.
At the main stage, Chad impressed the judges with her Versace outfit and her performance in the music video. Sharon served the judges an octopus-inspired spooky look, but Michelle doubts that she can only give spook and not enough "look". Phi Phi impressed the judges with her pink panther inspired look.
In a twist, all three finalists had to perform the lip-sync song. Afterwards, RuPaul announced that the winner of the race will be revealed on "RuPaul's Drag Race: Reunited" the following week, after asking fans to share their opinions with her on Twitter and Facebook to help her decide on the winning queen.
- Special Guests: Candis Cayne and Mathu Andersen
- Main Challenge: Shoot the music video for RuPaul's "Glamazon" with a dramatic scene
- Lip Sync Song: "Glamazon" by RuPaul
Episode 14 - Reunited
For the first time, a live audience of fans, mainly from the Los Angeles area sit in as RuPaul and the contestants return for the annual reunion, where RuPaul reveals the winner of the season. The finale episode was taped at the El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood on Wednesday April 25, 2012, where three different outcomes were filmed in an attempt to keep the winner from being revealed before the episode aired, as had happened in previous seasons. We find out Latrice Royale is crowned "Miss Congeniality". We are also informed that the reason Willam was disqualified was that he was caught having conjugal visits with his husband, who had tracked Willam to the hotel where the contestants were sequestered during production. This is in breach of the clause barring contestants engaging in unauthorized outside contact.
- Miss Congeniality: Latrice Royale
- Runners Up: Chad Michaels & Phi Phi O'Hara
- Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race Season Four: Sharon Needles
- Episode 8 features the disqualification of Willam, making her the first, and currently only contestant in US history to be disqualified from the competition. Miss Gimhuay was disqualified on the second season of Drag Race Thailand for bringing in prohibited props.
- Episode 10 features the return of Kenya Michaels, who was eliminated in the same episode like Carmen Carrera in season 3, making her the second contestant in the show's history to be eliminated twice in the same season, on the episode they were brought back on.
- Episode 11 marks the first time a contestant has achieved 4 wins before the finals; Sharon Needles accomplished that feat.
- Episode 12 features highlights and lowlights of the past eleven episodes.
- The Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 was expected to be revealed in the finale, Episode 13, but in a twist, the winner was revealed during "RuPaul's Drag Race: Reunited," pending feedback on the official Facebook page and on Twitter, using #DragRace.
- Episode 14: "Reunited!" was the first time in series' history for the reunion episode to be filmed in a theater in front of a live audience.
- Season 4 is the second non All-stars season during which every contestant was put in the bottom two at least once, along with Season 3
- Chad Michaels, and Latrice Royale returned to the show for the first All Stars season, Phi Phi O'Hara returned for the second.
- The lip-sync assassins of Season 4 were Milan, Jiggly Caliente and Latrice Royale. Milan sent home Madame LaQueer and Kenya Michaels, Jiggly Caliente sent home Alisa Summers and Milan and Latrice Royale sent home Dida Ritz and Kenya Michaels.
4th: Latrice Royale (Miss Congeniality) • 5th: Kenya Michaels • 6th: Dida Ritz • 7th: Willam • 8th: Jiggly Caliente • 9th: Milan • 10th: Madame LaQueer • 11th: The Princess • 12th: Lashauwn Beyond • 13th: Alisa Summers
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales