|RuPaul's Drag Race|
The ninth season of RuPaul's Drag Race began airing on March 24, 2017. Fourteen queens are competing for the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar" and a cash prize of $100,000. The cast members were revealed on February 2, 2017. The premiere date was announced on the official Drag Race Twitter account on March 1, 2017. This season is the first to not air on Logo, as it has been moved to VH1.
Also in 2018, contestant Eureka returned to compete on Season 10, after leaving Season 9 due to medical reasons. She ended up as runner-up, making her the first returning queen to make it to the finale.
In December 2018, Trinity the Tuck, Farrah Moan, and Valentina returned to compete on All Stars 4. Farrah placed 9th, and Valentina placed 7th. Trinity went on to win the season alongside Season 10 contestant and Miss Congeniality, Monét X Change.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 Episode 1: "Oh. My. Gaga!"
- 2.2 Episode 2: "She Done Already Done Brought It On"
- 2.3 Episode 3: "Draggily Ever After"
- 2.4 Episode 4: "Good Morning Bitches"
- 2.5 Episode 5: "Reality Stars: The Musical"
- 2.6 Episode 6: "Snatch Game"
- 2.7 Episode 7: "9021-HO"
- 2.8 Episode 8: "RuPaul Roast"
- 2.9 Episode 9: "Your Pilot's on Fire"
- 2.10 Episode 10: "Makeovers: Crew Better Work"
- 2.11 Episode 11: "Gayest Ball Ever"
- 2.12 Episode 12: "Category Is"
- 2.13 Episode 13: "Reunited"
- 2.14 Episode 14: "Grand Finale"
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Videos
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Navigation
(Biographical information stated from during time of contest)
|Rank||Contestant||Photo||Real Name||Age||Current City||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7||Ep. 8||Ep. 9||Ep.10||Ep.11||Ep. 12||Ep. 13||Ep. 14|
|Rusical||Snatch Game||Roast||Make Over||Ball||Reunion||Grand Finale|
|Sasha Velour||Alexander Steinberg||29||Brooklyn,
|3rd/4th||Shea Couleé||Jaren Kyei Merrell||27||Chicago,
|Trinity Taylor||Ryan Taylor||31||Orlando,
|5th||Alexis Michelle||Alex Michaels||33||New York,
|6th||Nina Bo'Nina Brown||Pierre Leverne Dease||34||Atlanta,
|Valentina||James Leyva||25||Echo Park,
|8th||Farrah Moan||Cameron Clayton||23||Las Vegas,
|10th||Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Carlos Hernandez||35||Austin,
|Eureka||David Huggard||25||Johnson City,
|12th||Charlie Hides||Charlie Hides||52||London,
|13th||Kimora Blac||Von Nguyen||28||Las Vegas,
|14th||Jaymes Mansfield||James Wirth||26||Milwaukee,
- █ The contestant won RuPaul's Drag Race.
- █ The contestant lost the third lip-sync round.
- █ The contestant lost the second lip-sync round.
- █ The contestant lost the first lip-sync round.
- █ The contestant competed in a four person final lip-sync against all remaining contestants, but no one had got eliminated, thus moved on to the Grand Finale.
- █ The contestant won the maxi challenge along with another contestant.
- █ The contestant won the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the best but did not win the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was a member of a winning team but did not win the maxi challenge.
- █ The contestant was one of the worst but did not place in the bottom two.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two but neither one was eliminated.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two and won the lip-sync for your life.
- █ The contestant placed in the bottom two, lost the lip-sync for your life and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant did not place in the bottom two but departed due to medical reasons.
- █ The contestant entered the competition.
- █ The contestant was voted Ms. Congeniality by viewers and Fan Favorite by fellow contestants.
- █ The contestant appeared on the "Reunion" episode and was still in the running.
- █ The contestant appeared as a guest, but was out of the running.
- █ The contestant did not participate in the episode.
|Series #||Episode Title||Title #||Airdate|
|119||1||Oh. My. Gaga!||March 24, 2017|
|120||2||She Done Already Done Brought It On||March 31, 2017|
|121||3||Draggily Ever After||April 7, 2017|
|122||4||Good Morning Bitches!||April 14, 2017|
|123||5||Reality Stars: The Musical||April 21, 2017|
|124||6||Snatch Game||April 28, 2017|
|125||7||9021-HO||May 5, 2017|
|126||8||RuPaul Roast||May 12, 2017|
|127||9||Your Pilot's On Fire||May 19, 2017|
|128||10||Makeovers: Crew Better Work||May 26, 2017|
|129||11||Gayest Ball Ever||June 2, 2017|
|130||12||Category Is||June 9, 2017|
|131||13||Reunited||June 16, 2017|
|132||14||Grand Finale||June 23, 2017|
Episode 1: "Oh. My. Gaga!"
Airdate: March 24, 2017
Synopsis : Lady Gaga drops by to meet the 13 new queens competing to become America's Next Drag Superstar. Their first test is to compete in the Miss Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent pageant.
Summary : The first episode featured 13 drag queens enter the werk room of RuPaul's Drag Race, where they are met by RuPaul and American singer-songwriter Lady Gaga, with the latter having posed as a contestant. For the maxi-challenge, each queen were to prepare two runway looks on the main stage in front of RuPaul, Lady Gaga, and co-judges Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, and Ross Mathews: one based on their hometown, and the other being adaptions of their favorite Lady Gaga outfits, for the Miss Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent pageant. During the judges' critiques, Eureka, Nina Bo'Nina Brown, and Sasha Velour were chosen as the top three queens in the pageant, with Nina Bo'Nina Brown winning the title. Before the episode finished, RuPaul abruptly announced a 14th queen entering the competition.
- Guest Judge: Lady Gaga
- Maxi Challenge: Compete in a pageant of two categories, "Hometown Look," and their "Favorite Gaga look."
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Nina Bo'Nina Brown
- Maxi Challenge Prize: 1 week getaway to The Grand Resort and Spa at Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- Eliminated: N/A
|12||Nina Bo'nina Brown|
Episode 2: "She Done Already Done Brought It On"
Airdate: March 31, 2017
Synopsis : Lisa Kudrow from Friends stops by, and the queens are challenged to perform in an epic cheer battle. With guest judges The B-52s.
Summary : Carrying on from episode one, RuPaul announced a 14th queen entering the competition, which turned out to be season 8 contestant Cynthia Lee Fontaine, who previously placed 10th and was the Miss Congeniality of her season. For the maxi challenge, each queen competed in a cheer-leading battle between two teams, with Fontaine and Nina Bo'Nina Brown serving as team captains; subsequently, the runway theme on the main stage was "White Party Realness". During the judges' critiques, Shea Couleé, Trinity Taylor and Valentina were deemed the best for their performances and runway looks, with the latter contestant winning the challenge. Charlie Hides, Kimora Blac, and Jaymes Mansfield were criticized for their performances, though Hides was the only contestant out of the three to be commended for her runway look. Hides was declared safe from the bottom two, whist Kimora and Jaymes lip-synced against each other to The B-52's "Love Shack"; Kimora won the lip-sync, while Jaymes sashays away.
- Guest Judges: The B-52s
- Special Guest: Lisa Kudrow
- Maxi Challenge: Perform in a cheer battle
- Runway Theme: White Party
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Valentina
- Maxi Challenge Prize: Custom wig wardrobe from Rock Star Wigs
- Bottom Two: Jaymes Mansfield and Kimora Blac
- Lip-Sync Song: "Love Shack" by The B-52's
- Returned: Cynthia Lee Fontaine
- Eliminated: Jaymes Mansfield
- Farewell Message: "You Live to Love me more each Day. JM. PS JK I LOVE you all."
|RuPaul's Glamazons||B-52 Bombers|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown
Episode 3: "Draggily Ever After"
Airdate: April 7th, 2017
Synopsis : The queens must create fairytale drag princesses, and transform themselves into sassy sidekicks. With guest judges Todrick Hall and Cheyenne Jackson.
Summary : In episode 3, the remaining 13 contestants were asked by RuPaul to create an original fairytale princess look, for the runway, with a sidekick character to portray on the main stage, in front of the panel of judges. During the judges' critiques, Peppermint, Trinity Taylor and Valentina were praised for their runway looks and sassy sidekick creations, with Trinity Taylor winning the challenge. However, Farrah Moan, Aja, and Kimora Blac were criticized for their performances and looks. Out of the three, Farrah was declared safe, while Aja and Kimora lip-synced against each other to Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero"; Aja won the lip-sync, whilst Kimora sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Cheyenne Jackson and Todrick Hall
- Maxi Challenge: Create a fantasy fairytale princess and a sassy sidekick.
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Trinity Taylor
- Maxi Challenge Prize: $2,000 gift card from Casper, a mattress manufacturer.
- Bottom Two: Kimora Blac and Aja
- Lip-Sync Song: "Holding Out For A Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
- Eliminated: Kimora Blac
- Farewell Message: "Hey ladies, I ♡ you all! Sisters 4 ever! ♡ kimmy"
Episode 4: "Good Morning Bitches"
Airdate: April 14th, 2017
Synopsis: The queens join the cutthroat Morning Talk Show wars. Naya Rivera (Glee) and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman guest judge.
Summary: In episode 4, the 12 remaining drag queens were asked by RuPaul to act in two live morning talk shows, titled Good Morning Bitches and Not On Today; the contestants also had to interview with American singer and actress Naya Rivera, who served as the weeks, co-special judge. Alongside this, the runway theme of the week was Naughty Nighties. During the judges' critiques, team Good Morning Bitches—which included Aja, Alexis Michelle, Farrah Moan, Valentina, and subsequent winners Shea Couleé and Sasha Velour—were all deemed safe, while the Not On Today team were up for elimination. Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Eureka, and Nina Bo'Nina Brown were all commended for their performances, despite Fontaine being criticized for her runway look. However, Charlie Hides, Peppermint and Trinity Taylor were all criticized for their performances. Peppermint received the worst reviews for her runway out of the three but was noted by the judges as the better performer. She was ultimately declared safe, while Charlie Hides and Trinity Taylor lip-synced to Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go"; Trinity won the lip-sync, while Charlie sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & Naya Rivera
- Maxi Challenge: Star in morning talk shows.
- Maxi Challenge Winners: Shea Couleé and Sasha Velour
- Maxi Challenge Prize: $1,000 and a one-year supply of burgers from Hamburger Mary's.
- Runway Theme: Naughty Nighties
- Bottom Two: Trinity Taylor and Charlie Hides
- Lip-Sync Song: "I Wanna Go" by Britney Spears
- Eliminated: Charlie Hides
- Farewell Message: "LADIES, I'VE ENJOYED GETTING TO KNOW EACH + EVERYONE OF YOU! SLAY IT FOR TRANMA! XO CHARLIE"
|Role||Not on Today||Good Morning Bitches|
|Anchors||Trinity Taylor||Alexis Michelle|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Valentina|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown||Sasha Velour|
Who Should Go Home Tonight?
|Trinity Taylor||Charlie Hides|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Peppermint|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown||Trinity Taylor|
Episode 5: "Reality Stars: The Musical"
Airdate: April 21, 2017
Synopsis : Todrick Hall directs the queens in Broadway's newest mega-sensation, the Kardashian musical. Singer Meghan Trainor guest judges.
Summary : In episode 5, the remaining 11 drag queens featured in the season's first mini-challenge to pose in a sexy selfie with the pit crew of RuPaul's Drag Race; Alexis Michelle won the challenge, and was given the authority to choose roles for the maxi-challenge of Kardashian: The Musical. Alongside this, the runway theme of the week was Faux Fur Realness. During the judges' critiques, Aja, Eureka, Sasha Velour, Trinity Taylor and Valentina were declared safe. Alexis Michelle, Peppermint and Shea Couleé received high critiques for their performances with the latter winning the maxi challenge, and Michelle had negative commentary about Alexis' runway look. Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Farrah Moan, and Nina Bo'Nina Brown were all criticized for their performances. Nina Bo'nina Brown was declared safe from the bottom two, while Cynthia Lee Fontaine and Farrah Moan lip-synced against each other to Meghan Trainor's "Woman Up". After their lip-sync, RuPaul excused herself and came back with the decision to send Eureka home for her to heal the injury she acquired during the cheer dance challenge; as a result, Cynthia and Farrah were both declared safe to slay another day.
- Guest Judges: Meghan Trainor
- Special Guest: Todrick Hall
- Mini-Challenge: Pose in a sexy selfie with the pit crew
- Mini-Challenge Winner : Alexis Michelle
- Mini-Challenge Prize: $1000 from FierceQueen.com
- Maxi Challenge: Perform in Kardashian: The Musical
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Shea Couleé
- Maxi Challenge Prize: A cruise for two with free airfare from AllOutVacations
- Runway Theme: Faux Fur Realness
- Bottom Two: Cynthia Lee Fontaine and Farrah Moan
- Lip-Sync Song: "Woman Up" by Meghan Trainor
- Departed: Eureka O'Hara (due to injury)
- Farewell Message: "Well sluts! Biggie is out but this is NOT the last of Me!! I need all of :) you to ALWAYS #beyourselftofreeyourself ♡ Eureka!! :P"
|Sasha Velour||Lindsay Lohan|
|Trinity Taylor||Paris Hilton|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Kim Kardashian|
|Alexis Michelle||Kris Jenner|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown||Khloé Kardashian|
|Farrah Moan||Kylie Jenner|
|Shea Couleé||Blac Chyna|
Episode 6: "Snatch Game"
Airdate: April 28, 2017
Synopsis: The Queens impersonate celebrities in a TV game show. Candis Cayne and Denis O'Hare guest judge.
Summary: In episode 6, the 10 remaining drag queens were asked by RuPaul to impersonate any character or celebrity for the series' on-going challenge, the Snatch Game; subsequently, the runway theme was Night of 1000 Madonna's, which was repeated for Season 9 due to the criticism it attracted for its first appearance on season 8. During the judges' critiques, Aja, Shea Couleé, Trinity Taylor and Valentina were both declared safe. Alexis Michelle, Nina Bo'Nina Brown, and Sasha Velour were praised for their performances and runway looks, though Brown was criticized for having the same theme-based outfit as Trinity Taylor's. Alexis Michelle won the maxi challenge and both Nina and Sasha were declared safe. Moreover, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Farrah Moan, and Peppermint received negative critiques for their performances, while Moan was the only contestant out of the three to have received positive remarks about her runway outfit. Farrah was declared safe from the bottom two, while Cynthia Lee Fontaine and Peppermint lip-synced against each other to Madonna's "Music"; Peppermint won the lip-sync, and Cynthia Lee Fontaine sashays away. Cynthia finished in 10th place making her the only contestant to compete in two seasons in a non-all star season and be placed in the same position after being eliminated.
- Guest Judges: Candis Cayne and Denis O'Hare
- Maxi Challenge: Snatch Game
- Runway Theme: Night of 1,000 Madonnas: The Shequel
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Alexis Michelle
- Maxi Challenge Prize: $2,000 prize package from Sparkle
- Bottom Two: Cynthia Lee Fontaine and Peppermint
- Lip-Sync Song: "Music" by Madonna
- Eliminated: Cynthia Lee Fontaine
- Farewell Message: "Don't stop believe in you!!! Love you. CUCU xoxo"
Snatch Game Characters
|Sasha Velour||Marlene Dietrich|
|Trinity Taylor||Amanda Lepore|
|Cynthia Lee Fontaine||Sofia Vergara|
|Alexis Michelle||Liza Minnelli|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown||Jasmine Masters|
|Farrah Moan||Gigi Gorgeous|
|Shea Couleé||Naomi Campbell|
Episode 7: "9021-HO"
Airdate: May 5th 2017
Synopsis : The queen's act in a classic '90s high-school drama directed by original "Beverly Hills 90210" stars Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth.
Summary : In episode 7, the 9 remaining drag queens were asked by RuPaul to act in a 90210 parody spin-off, titled 9021-Ho; as a result of contestant Peppermint falling in the bottom two the previous week, RuPaul had given her the authority to choose the roles towards the show. The runway theme of the week was Big Hair Everywhere. During the critiques, Alexis Michelle, Farrah Moan and Peppermint were declared safe. Shea Couleé, Trinity Taylor and Valentina received positive remarks for their performances and runway looks, with Trinity Taylor eventually winning the challenge. However, Aja, Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Sasha Velour were all criticized for their performances yet praised for their runway. Sasha Velour was declared safe from the bottom two, while Aja and Nina Bo'Nina Brown lip-synced against each other to CeCe Peniston's "Finally"; Nina Bo'Nina Brown won the lip-sync, and Aja sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Jennie Garth & Tori Spelling
- Maxi Challenge: Act in the classic 90's high-school drama, 9021-HO
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Trinity Taylor
- Maxi Challenge Prize: $2,000 gift card from Fabric Planet
- Runway Theme: Big Hair Everywhere
- Bottom Two: Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Aja
- Lip-Sync Song: "Finally" by CeCe Peniston
- Eliminated: Aja
- Farewell Message: "Love u guys, please don't be too messy without me! XOXO AJA ♡ PS. Ur all gay :)"
|Queen||Character||90210 Character Parodied||90210 Actor|
|Peppermint||Brandi Shmaltz||Brandon Walsh||Jason Priestly|
|Sasha Velour||Lunch Lady Kat||N/A||N/A|
|Trinity Taylor||Nelly's Mom||Jackie Taylor||Ann Gillespie|
|Alexis Michelle||Mirror Monna Dartin||N/A||N/A|
|Nina Bo'nina Brown||Blenda Shmaltz||Brenda Walsh||Shannen Doherty|
|Aja||Bethani Glamber Gliessen||Valerie Malone||Tiffani-Amber Thiesson|
|Valentina||Monna Dartin||Donna Martin||Tori Spelling|
|Farrah Moan||Nelly||Kelly Taylor||Jennie Garth|
|Shea Couleé||Grandrea Zuckerwoman||Andrea Zuckerman||Gabrielle Carters|
Episode 8: "RuPaul Roast"
Airdate: May 12th 2017
Synopsis : The queens perform a comedy roast on Michelle Visage in front of a live audience. Singer Tamar Braxton and Fortune Feimster (The Mindy Project) guest judge.
Summary : In episode 8, the 8 remaining queens were asked by RuPaul to read each other for the season's second mini-challenge, often referred to as "Reading is Fundamental"; Valentina won the challenge, and was given the task to assign the line-up for the comedy roast of co-judge Michelle Visage. During the judge's critiques, Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Valentina were declared safe. Peppermint, Sasha Velour, and Shea Couleé were praised for their performances, with Peppermint winning the challenge. However, Alexis Michelle, Farrah Moan, and Trinity Taylor were all deemed the worst during the comedy roast, although Taylor received positive remarks for her runway look. Trinity Taylor was ultimately declared safe, while Alexis and Farrah lip-synced against each other to Dolly Parton's "Baby I'm Burning"; Alexis Michelle won the lip-sync, and Farrah Moan sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Tamar Braxton & Fortune Feimster
- Mini-Challenge: Reading is Fundamental
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Valentina
- Mini-Challenge Prize : Decide the order of Roast and Trip for Two to Saguaro in Palm Springs for 4 days.
- Maxi Challenge: Perform a comedy roast of Michelle Visage
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Peppermint
- Maxi Challenge Prize: Five-year partnership with Squarespace
- Bottom Two: Alexis Michelle and Farrah Moan
- Lip-Sync Song: "Baby I'm Burnin'" by Dolly Parton
- Eliminated: Farrah Moan
- Farewell Message: "Hey ladies! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH. YOU ARE ALL superstars and it's so special to finally have a REAL family. Good luck! DON'T FUCK IT UP ♡ , Farrah Moan"
|7th||Nina Bo'nina Brown|
Episode 9: "Your Pilot's on Fire"
Airdate: May 19th 2017
Synopsis : The queens create, write, and star in their TV pilots. Noah Galvin (The Real O'Neals) and QVC queen Lisa Robertson guest judge.
Summary : In episode 9, the 7 remaining queens were asked by RuPaul to form two groups of two, and a group of three, to write, produce and co-star in their own TV show pilot; the teams were: Sasha Velour and Shea Couleé as team one, Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Valentina as team two, and Alexis Michelle, Peppermint and Trinity Taylor as team three. Subsequently, the runway theme for the main stage was Club Kid Couture. During the judge's critiques, Sasha Velour and Shea Couleé won the challenge for their runway looks and performances, becoming the first duo to win more than one challenge in the same season. Elsewhere, Peppermint and Trinity Taylor received positive reviews for their runway looks and performances, whilst team member Alexis Michelle attracted contrasting results. Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Valentina received mixed but ultimately bad reviews for their pilots and runway look.
Alexis Michelle was declared safe from the bottom two, while Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Valentina lip-synced against each other to Ariana Grande's "Greedy". However, the lip-sync was stopped midway by RuPaul because Valentina had a mask (which was part of her runway look) covering her mouth, effectively hiding her lips during the performance; she subsequently removed it per request by RuPaul. Later, it became clear that Valentina did not know the words to the song, which automatically led to her demise as she sashays away and made Nina Bo'Nina Brown the winner of the lip-sync.
|Teets & Asky||Sasha Velour||Natasha Asky|
|Shea Couleé||Teets McGee|
|Nina & Tina||Nina Bo'nina Brown||Nina|
|Mary, Mother of Gay||Alexis Michelle||Freda Phelps|
|Trinity Taylor||Sister Mary Koont|
- Guest Judges: Noah Galvin and Lisa Robertson
- Maxi Challenge: Create, write, and co-star in a TV pilot
- Maxi Challenge Winners: Shea Couleé and Sasha Velour
- Maxi Challenge Prize: $1,000 for The Spa on Rodeo and a supply of hair care products by Aquage.
- Runway Theme: Club Kid Couture
- Bottom Two: Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Valentina
- Lip-Sync Song: "Greedy" by Ariana Grande
- Eliminated: Valentina
- Farewell Message: "LADIES I LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF MY HEART! IF EVER YOU NEED ME, I'M YOURS. CON AMOR, VALENTINA"
Episode 10: "Makeovers: Crew Better Work"
Airdate: May 26th 2017
Summary : In episode 10, the 6 remaining queens were asked by RuPaul to give make-overs of themselves, and an assigned crew members of RuPaul's Drag Race production team. During the judge's critiques, Trinity Taylor won the challenge alongside her partner, with Sasha Velour receiving high critiques. Peppermint was declared safe, while Alexis Michelle, Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Shea Couleé were criticized for their make-over looks. Alexis Michelle was declared safe from the bottom two, while Nina Bo'Nina Brown and Shea Couleé lip-synced against each other to Demi Lovato's "Cool for the Summer"; Shea Couleé won the lip-sync, and Nina Bo'Nina Brown sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Kesha and Zaldy.
- Maxi Challenge: Makeover crew members and perform a lip-sync of "Click Clack(Make that Money)" by RuPaul.
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Trinity Taylor
- Maxi Challenge Prize: 2 custom gowns made by David Meister while their drag sister won a $2,000 gift certificate to Klein Epstein Parker custom suits.
- Bottom Two: Shea Couleé and Nina Bo'Nina Brown
- Lip-Sync Song: "Cool for the Summer" by Demi Lovato.
- Eliminated: Nina Bo'Nina Brown
- Farewell Message: "Debbie Downer is gone. SUE ME! Shae Coulee hope you struggle cleaning this LOL. Love you all ♡ "
|Queen||Crew Member||Drag Sister|
|Trinity Taylor||Rizzo||Glittafa Dayze|
|Sasha Velour||Duncan||Dunatella Velour|
|Alexis Michelle||Brady||Rye Anne Stardust|
|Nina Bo'Nina Brown||Aaron||Ariana Bo'Nina Brown|
|Shea Couleé||Josh||Bae Couleé|
Episode 11: "Gayest Ball Ever"
Airdate: June 2nd 2017
Summary : In episode 11, the 5 remaining queens were asked by RuPaul to create puppets resembling one of the remaining queens, and impersonate them in the season's third mini-challenge; Sasha Velour won the challenge and was given the task to choreograph a special dance routine, resembling the elements of the LGBT community. Additionally, the contestants were asked by RuPaul to feature two runway looks and create an eleganza looks with a theme and materials provided to them; the first influenced by the traditional LGBT rainbow flag, the second incorporating unicorn aesthetics, and the final being a homage to American male group The Village People. During the judging, Shea Couleé and Sasha Velour received positive critiques. Shea Couleé was criticized for her rainbow look not matching the category, but was ultimately declared the winner of the challenge as Sasha Velour's looks were considered too high fashion and less drag. Alexis Michelle was criticized for all three looks, while Peppermint and Trinity Taylor received mixed reviews. Trinity Taylor was declared safe from the bottom two, while Alexis and Peppermint lip-synced against each other to The Village People's "Macho Man"; Peppermint won the lip-sync, and Alexis Michelle sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Andie MacDowell (Groundhog Day) and Joan Smalls
- Mini-Challenge: Everybody Loves Puppets
- Mini-Challenge Winner: Sasha Velour
- Mini-Challenge Reward : Choreograph a rhythmic gymnastics performance.
- Maxi Challenge: The queens must participate in the Gayest Ball Ever and feature three different outfits based off these three categories: Rainbow-She-Betta-Do, Sexy Unicorn and Village People Eleganza Extravaganza.
- Maxi Challenge Winner: Shea Couleé
- Maxi Challenge Prize: 2 VIP tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity: an Erotic Thrill Ride!, including air fare and deluxe Las Vegas accommodations.
- Bottom Two: Alexis Michelle and Peppermint
- Lip-Sync Song: "Macho Man" by The Village People
- Eliminated: Alexis Michelle
- Farewell Message: "Wishes come true, not free. You're my sisters always. -miss Dickpig continental, 2016 :P"
|Queen||Village People Role|
|Trinity Taylor||Police Officer|
|Shea Couleé||Construction Worker|
|Alexis Michelle||Native American|
Episode 12: "Category Is"
Airdate: June 9th 2017
Summary: In episode 12, the remaining four remaining queens were asked by RuPaul to write, produce and choreograph an original verse for the remix of his song "Category Is"; Additionally, each queen were asked to guest star on RuPaul's podcast "What's The Tee? with Michelle Visage." During the judging, each contestant received positive critiques about their runway looks—which was their best drag style—and for their longevity in the competition. All remaining queens were asked to lip-sync to RuPaul's single "U Wear It Well"; for the first time on the show, no contestants were eliminated on the final challenge, and all four advanced into the grand finale.
- Maxi Challenge: Write and perform a rap on RuPaul's new single "Category Is" and guest star on RuPaul's podcast with Michelle Visage.
- Lip-Sync Song: "U Wear It Well" by RuPaul
- Top 4: Peppermint, Shea Couleé, Sasha Velour, and Trinity Taylor
Top Four of Season 9
|Queens||Challenge Wins||Up for Elimination|
(Eps. 6, 11)
(Eps. 4, 9)
(Eps. 4, 5, 9, 11)
(Eps. 3, 7, 10)
Episode 13: "Reunited"
Airdate: June 16th 2017
Summary : In a reunion episode, the contestants reminisce over the season. Miss Congeniality was announced; previous Season 8 Miss Congeniality and Season 9 contestants Cynthia Lee Fontaine announced that fellow Season 9 contestant Valentina won the title of "Miss Congeniality," which sparked criticism amongst all other queens leading them to change the title as "Fan Favorite." At the end of the episode, RuPaul announced that the final four contestants would have to lip-sync in groups of two to see who advances to winning America's Next Drag Superstar.
- Discussions : Charlie's lip-sync, Valentina's fans attacking queens and her elimination, Shea and Nina, Nina making fun of Kimora, Aja, and Valentina during Untucked, Toot or Boot outfits, crowning Miss Congeniality/Fan Favorite, Never Before Seen Footage, Valentina ignoring Farrah, Valentina not being congenial, Finale twist.
- Queens Returned: All
- Miss Congeniality (Named Fan Favorite by the queens):Valentina
Episode 14: "Grand Finale"
Airdate: June 23rd 2017
- Finale Theme: Britney and Whitney
- Lip-sync Pairings:
- Peppermint vs. Trinity Taylor;
- Shea Couleé vs. Sasha Velour
- Lip-Sync Songs:
- "Stronger" by Britney Spears (Peppermint vs. Trinity Taylor)
- "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston (Shea Couleé vs. Sasha Velour)
- Lip-sync Finalists:
- "It's Not Right, but It's Okay (Thunderpuss Mix)" by Whitney Houston (Peppermint vs. Sasha Velour).
- Winner of Season 9: Sasha Velour
- Runner-Up: Peppermint
- Third/Fourth Place: Trinity Taylor and Shea Couleé
Lip Sync for the Crown Bracket
|"Stronger"/"So Emotional"||"It's Not Right, but It's Okay (Thunderpuss Mix)"|
Votes from Miss Congeniality Online Voting
The Pit Stop Recap Show
- Season 9 is the first season...
- ... to have 3 crowned winners (Sasha Velour, Trinity The Tuck on All Stars 4 and Shea Couleé on All Stars 5).
- ... to be entirely aired on VH1.
- ... in which no contestant was eliminated in the first episode.
- ... to air on Fridays.
- ... to use Instagram stories for advertisement.
- ... to show cartoon cut-out edits with the main stage as background.
- ... to not show the main stage in a whole episode (prior to Rucaps, reunions and finales).
- ... to have a queen go home due to an injury.
- ... to have RuPaul stops a lip-sync midway.
- ... to have the same two contestants win two different dual-win Maxi Challenges (Sasha Velour and Shea Couleé).
- ... where RuPaul wears her promo dress in an episode.
- ... where all of the queens without a Maxi Challenge win get eliminated before the ones who won one.
- ... to have a Reunion episode separate from the finale episode, instead of calling the finale "RuPaul's Drag Race: Reunited".
- ... to have four contestants compete in the finale.
- ... where the winner of the season won fewer Maxi Challenges than another contestant.
- ... where a queen who won four Maxi Challenges didn't end up winning the season.
- ... where only the running contestants are shown speaking in the finale.
- ... to not have a finalist music video to one of RuPaul's songs.
- ... where RuPaul has Raven as her makeup artist for the show.
- Season 9 is the second season...
- Interestingly, the top 4 queens were assigned the four non-Kardashian roles in Kardashian: The Musical.
- Season 9 has the fewest mini-challenges of any season, with only 3.
- This season has the oldest average age of any non-All Stars season, with an average age of 30.4.
- The lip-sync assassin of Season 9 is Peppermint, who sent home Cynthia Lee Fontaine, Alexis Michelle, and Trinity Taylor.
- Season 9 is the first season ...
|2nd: Peppermint • 3rd & 4th: Shea Couleé & Trinity Taylor|
|5th: Alexis Michelle • 6th: Nina Bo'nina Brown • 7th: Valentina (Miss Congeniality) • 8th: Farrah Moan • 9th: Aja • 10th: Cynthia Lee Fontaine • 11th: Eureka O'Hara (Departed) • 12th: Charlie Hides • 13th: Kimora Blac • 14th: Jaymes Mansfield|
|RuPaul • Michelle Visage • Carson Kressley • Ross Mathews|
|Jason Carter • Miles Davis Moody • Bryce Eilenberg|