|RuPaul's Drag Race|
This article contains spoilers and/or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time. Continue reading at your own discretion.
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars is an all-star spin-off of RuPaul's Drag Race. The first season premiered on the Logo network on October 22, 2012. Cast members were announced on August 6, 2012.
The show featured twelve returning contestants representing all four previous seasons for a chance to be inducted into the "Drag Race Hall of Fame". This series aired six hour-length episodes. Contestants were judged on their "Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent" and, since they competed in teams of two, also 'Synergy'. The winner of this season, Chad Michaels, received a supply of MAC cosmetics, a "one of a kind trip," and a cash prize of $100,000. The theme song playing during the runway every episode was "Responsitranity" (Matt Pop's Edit) originally from RuPaul's album Glamazon.
The first episode introduced several changes to the rules for the All Stars competition. Queens competed in teams of two, determined by the contestants themselves. Both members of the team would be eliminated. The bottom two teams chose one member to "lip sync for their lives". The non-lip syncing teammates had the option during the first minute of the performance to declare a "she-mergency", hit a panic button and "tag in" to complete the performance.
On October 19, 2012, Logo's Facebook page released to users who liked the page a 44 minute preview of episode one.
After 6 episodes of competition the final two teams, Shad and Rujubee, split up to compete solo in the final challenge. In the end Chad Michaels was declared the winner with Raven placing as runner-up.
In December 2018 Latrice Royale and Manila Luzon returned to compete on All Stars 4 . Latrice originally placed 7th, but won re-entry into the competion. Manila placed 6th, while Latrice ultimately placed 5th overall.
(Ages and names stated are during time of contest)
|Contestant||Real Name||Photo||Age||Original Season||Original Rank||All Stars Outcome|
|Chad Michaels||Chad Michaels||41||Season 4||Runner-Up||Winner|
|Raven||David Petruschin||33||Season 2||Runner-Up||Runner-up|
|Jujubee||Airline Inthyrath||28||Season 2||3rd Place||3rd/4th Place|
|Shannel||Bryan Watkins||33||Season 1||4th Place|
|Alexis Mateo||Alexis Mateo Pacheco||33||Season 3||3rd Place||5th/6th Place|
|Yara Sofia||Gabriel Burgos Ortiz||28||Season 3||4th Place|
|Manila Luzon||Karl Westerberg||31||Season 3||Runner-Up||7th/8th Place|
|Latrice Royale||Timothy Wilcots||39||Season 4||4th Place|
|Nina Flowers||Jorge Flores||38||Season 1||Runner-Up|
|Tammie Brown||Keith Glen Schubert||31||Season 1||8th Place|
|Pandora Boxx||Michael Steck||39||Season 2||5th Place|
|Mimi Imfurst||Braden Chapman||29||Season 3||11th Place|
|Rank||Team||Photo||Contestant||Original Season||Original Rank||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3|| Ep. 4|
|Ep. 5|| Ep. 6|
|Chad Michaels||Season 4||Runner-Up||BTM2||HIGH||WIN||WIN||WIN||WINNER|
|Raven||Season 2||Runner-Up||HIGH|| LOW|
|3rd/4th||Jujubee||Season 2||3rd||BTM2||BTM2|| ELIM|
|Alexis Mateo||Season 3||3rd||LOW||WIN|| LOW|
|Yara Sofia||Season 3||4th|
|Manila Luzon||Season 3||Runner-Up||WIN||BTM2||ELIM|
|Latrice Royale||Season 4||4th||BTM2||ELIM|
|Nina Flowers||Season 1||Runner-Up||SAFE||ELIM|
|Tammie Brown||Season 1||8th||ELIM|
|Pandora Boxx||Season 2||5th||ELIM|
|Mimi Imfurst||Season 3||11th||ELIM|
- █ The contestant won RuPaul's All-Stars Drag Race.
- █ The contestant was the runner-up.
- █ The contestant(s) was/were eliminated in third or fourth place (they did not compete in the final lip sync).
- █ The team won the maxi challenge.
- █ The team was one of the best but did not win the maxi challenge.
- █ The team was one of the worst, but did not place in the bottom two teams.
- █ The contestant's team was the bottom team, & both team members lip-synced against each other, but neither was eliminated.
- ████The contestant's team was in the bottom two teams.
- This queen chose:
|To lip-sync for their team, who was not eliminated.||Not to lip-sync for their team, who was not eliminated.|
|To lip-sync for their team, who was eliminated.||Not to lip-sync for their team, who was eliminated.|
|Series #||Episode #||Title||Airdate|
|52||1||It Takes Two||October 22, 2012|
|53||2||RuPaul's Gaff-In||October 29, 2012|
|54||3||Queens Behaving Badly||November 5, 2012|
|55||4||All-Star Girl Groups||November 12, 2012|
|56||5||Dynamic Drag Duos||November 19, 2012|
|57||6||The Grand Finale||November 26, 2012|
Episode 1, "It Takes Two"
Airdate: October 22, 2012
The twelve returning queens are surprised to learn they will be competing in teams of two and that both team members will be eliminated together. The first challenge is for the teammates to make each other up for a high fashion photo shoot. In the first picture, "Half-baked", the queens are to show themselves in the process of getting made up, with no wigs. For "Opposites Attract" the queens have to portray a concept that conveys opposites. Team Latrila wins the challenge, and Team Rujubee was announced as the second best. These two teams are dismissed from the stage while the remaining teams are critiqued. Team Yarlexis' Opposites Attract photo was criticized for lack of creativity, and their runway presentation was deemed "just cute". Team Mandora was criticized for lack of cooperation, as well as their runway looks. Team Brown Flowers received few critiques, with Santino noting Nina wasn't displaying the same type of power he saw she had back in season one, and Tammie Brown is once again praised for her campy performance in the photo shoot. Team Shad received very negative feedback on all parts of their performance, which Ru believes was caused by the fact they had worked together and known each other for so long. After deliberation, Team Shad and Team Mandora find themselves the bottom two teams. Mimi and Chad lip sync to Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract". Chad wins and he and Shannel stay. Pandora and Mimi are eliminated and must "sashay away".
- Guest Judges: Rachel Hunter & Ross Matthews
- Main Challenge: Create an "Opposites Attract" photoshoot and a "half-baked" photo
- Challenge Winners: Team Latrila (Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon)
- Bottom Two Teams: Team Shad (Shannel and Chad Michaels) & Team Mandora (Mimi Imfurst and Pandora Boxx)
- Lip Sync Song: "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul
- Lip Sync Contestants: Chad Michaels and Mimi Imfurst
- Eliminated: Team Mandora
Queen's Choices for Team
|Queen||Alexis Mateo||Chad Michaels||
|Latrice Royale||Manila Luzon||Mimi Imfurst||Nina Flowers||Pandora Boxx||Raven||Shannel||Tammie Brown||Yara Sofia|
Episode 2, "RuPaul's Gaff-In"
Airdate: October 29, 2012
The mini-challenge, "In Da Butt Ru", tests how well the teams know each other by asking them questions in the style of The Newlywed Game. The winning team received cream pies to the face as its "prize".
For the main challenge, teams had to write original comedy material for a "Laugh-In" style sketch show. For the show the queens delivered celebrity impersonations.
|Tammie Brown||Tammy Faye Messner|
|Nina Flowers||La Lupe|
|Team Latrila||Latrice Royale||Oprah Winfrey|
|Team Rujubee||Raven||Bea Arthur|
|Team Shad||Shannel||Lucille Ball|
|Chad Michaels||Bette Davis|
|Team Yarlexis||Yara Sofia||Charo|
Each team had to perform three segments, a cocktail party, a joke exchange with Ru and a joke wall. For the runway teams displayed their best 1960s fashions. Following the presentations, the teams received their critiques, most notably with one well-performing member, and one poor-performing member. Yara Sofia was strongly praised for her impersonation of Charo, which the judges believe was enough to hold the team up, as Alexis' Shakira impersonation fell flat. Latrice Royale is criticized for not delivering Oprah, while Manila Luzon is praised on her impersonation of Madonna, even though Michelle does give her some critiques regarding her makeup for the evening. Jujubee is praised for her impersonation of Fran Drescher, although Santino did not believe she looked like her, and Raven is critiqued on her poor impersonation of Bea Arthur. Shannel is told her Lucille Ball was not spot-on, but Chad's Bette Davis is highly liked, and therefore praised. Nina Flowers is critiqued for not giving La Lupe enough of a personality, although Busy Phillips does compliment her on her look for the evening, and Tammie Brown is criticized on letting her own personality take over Tammie Faye Messner. Team Brown Flowers received very few positive notes, with Santino saying their jokes were poor and the performance was even uncomfortable to watch. Team Yarlexis won the challenge, while Team Latrila and Team Brown Flowers fell into the bottom two. Latrice and Tammie lip synced to "There's No Business Like Show Business" from Annie Get Your Gun; Latrice prevailed and Team Latrila stayed while Team Brown Flowers sashayed away.
- Guest Judges: Busy Phillips & Vicki Lawrence
- Mini Challenge: In Da Butt Ru (Knowing each their own partners)
- Mini Challenge Winners: Team Rujubee (Raven & Jujubee)
- Main Challenge: RuPaul Gaff-In Variety Show Doing Celebrity Impersonations
- Main Challenge Winners: Team Yarlexis (Yara Sofia & Alexis Mateo)
- Bottom Two Teams: Team Latrila (Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon) & Team Brown Flowers (Tammie Brown & Nina Flowers)
- Lip Sync Song: "There's No Business Like Show Business" by Ethel Merman
- Lip Sync Contestants: Latrice Royale & Tammie Brown
- Eliminated: Team Brown Flowers
Untucked, Ep. 2 In the companion series Untucked, Chad Michaels received a supportive video message from his father, from whom he had been estranged for 25 years.
Episode 3, "Queens Behaving Badly"
Airdate: November 5, 2012
In the mini-challenge, the queens had to take a photographic self-portrait posed as a sexy macho male. Team Yarlexis won. For the main challenge each queen, under the direction of their partner via earpiece, had to go to Hollywood Boulevard and convince passers-by to participate in pranks, for example slapping the queen with a novelty foam hand or allowing the queen to spray whipped cream down the pedestrian's pants. Each prank was assigned a point value. On the runway the queens were to wear "girl gone bad" outfits. Team Shad was the only team who performed well, thus making them the winners of the challenge. Team Rujubee was critiqued for not being "in sync" with each other, as well as their runway performances not giving enough. Team Yarlexis is called out by their other competitors as the weakest team, and the ones that should go next. Manila Luzon once again receives praise for her performance in the challenge, as well as her runway look, but Latrice is criticized on all accounts of her look as well as her performance. Team Latrila and Team Rujubee are declared the bottom two, and Manila and Jujubee perform the lip-sync. Jujubee won the lip sync and Latrice and Manila had to sashay away.
- Guest Judges: Rachel Dratch & Janice Dickinson
- Mini Challenge: Queens With Guy Phones
- Mini Challenge Winners: Team Yarlexis (Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia)
- Main Challenge: The Queens had to act "naughty" on the streets of Hollywood and do pranks.
- Main Challenge Winners: Team Shad (Shannel and Chad Michaels)
- Bottom Two Teams: Team Latrila (Latrice Royale & Manila Luzon) & Team Rujubee (Jujubee & Raven)
- Lip Sync Song: "Nasty" by Janet Jackson
- Lip Sync Contestants: Jujubee & Manila Luzon
- Eliminated: Team Latrila
Untucked, Ep. 3 In the companion series Untucked, former contestant Tatianna served "Tea with Tati", in which she "read" (insulted) several of the remaining contestants.
Episode 4, "All-Star Girl Groups"
Airdate: November 12, 2012
In the mini challenge the girls had to dress up in cheer-leading costumes and "read" the other contestants in a cheer format. Team Yarlexis were the winners of this mini challenge. The main challenge is to perform as a girl group with daughters of famous celebrities, drag them up, and lip-sync to one of RuPaul's songs. Team Yarlexis selected Kelly Osbourne (daughter of Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon Osbourne), Team Shad chose Jillian Hervey (Vanessa L. Williams's daughter) while Team Rujubee opted for Kady Z (Pia Zadora's daughter). Team Yarlexis' song to perform is "Cover Girl", Team Shad's song to perform is "Glamazon", and Team Rujubee's song to perform is "Jealous of My Boogie".
|Team||Contestants||Celebrity's Daughter||Daughter Of||Group Name||RuPaul Song|
|Team Yarlexis||Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia||Kelly Osboune||Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne||Fanny Shosha||Cover Girl (Put The Bass In Your Walk)|
|Team Shad||Chad Michaels and Shannel||Jillian Hervey||Vanessa Williams||Savage Sisters||Glamazon|
|Team Rujubee||Raven & Jujubee||Kady Z||Pia Zadora||V3||Jealous of My Boogie|
After their group performances in front of a live audience, the groups received their critiques. Team Shad's look is praised, but they are criticized for making Jillian the center of attention during the performance. Team Yarlexis' look is praised for being a coordinating look, but they are criticized for being out of sync with the song. Team Rujubee receives the harsher of the critiques, with the critiques mainly focusing on the lack of "dragging up" on Kady, as well as performing moves Raven and Jujubee learned in the video shoot for "Jealous of My Boogie" at the end of season 2. Once again, Team Shad wins the challenge, while Team Rujubee lands in the bottom two, this time alongside Team Yarlexis. Raven and Alexis are the original performers of the lip-sync, but within a minute after the start of the performance, Yara hits the she-mergency button and tags Alexis to finish the lip-sync. Raven wins the lip-sync for Team Rujubee, and Team Yarlexis sashays away.
- Guest Judges: Mary Wilson & Rosie Perez
- Mini Challenges: Cheer-reading routine
- Mini Challenge Winners: Team Yarlexis (Alexis Mateo and Yara Sofia)
- Main Challenge: Form girl groups with a celebrity, and perform a RuPaul song in front of a live audience
- Main Challenge Winners: Team Shad (Shannel and Chad Michaels)
- Bottom Two Teams: Team Yarlexis (Alexis Mateo and Yara Sofia) and Team Rujubee (Raven and Jujubee)
- Lip Sync Song: "Don't Cha" by The Pussycat Dolls
- Lip Sync Contestants: Raven & Alexis Mateo / Yara Sofia
- Eliminated: Team Yarlexis
Episode 5, "Dynamic Drag Duos"
Airdate: November 19, 2012
In the mini challenge, the remaining pairs played a basketball mini-challenge: Fish instead of Horse. Team Rujubee won and got a chance to talk to their love ones. For the main challenge, the teams created a story about a Super Hero and a Super Villain. Chad and Jujubee play their teams' superheroes, while Raven and Shannel play the villains. Shannel's look is critiqued as being a little too reminding of an S&M store, while Chad's look as Fire Crotch is praised. The team's backstory, however, is told to be a little misleading. Raven's look is highly praised, but Jujubee's look is deemed flat, as well as their hero/villain backstory. The judges were torn between the remaining pairs, but Team Shad ultimately won for a third straight week in a row, and Team Rujubee lip synced for their lives for the third straight week as well. This time Raven and Jujubee must lip-sync against each other. After an emotional lip-sync, RuPaul elected to save both of the queens and advance them to the finale, the first time in Drag Race herstory to have a "final four" instead of a final three.
- Guest Judges: Wendi McClendon-Lovey & Elvira
- Mini Challenge: Basketball game of "FISH"
- Mini Challenge Winners: Team Rujubee (Raven and Jujubee)
- Main Challenge: Super Heroes vs Super Villains
- Main Challenge Winners: Team Shad (Shannel & Chad Michaels)
- Lip Sync Song: "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn
- Lip Sync Contestants: Team Rujubee (Raven and Jujubee)
- Eliminated: No Elimination
Top Four All Stars
|Queens||Challenge Wins||Up for Elimination|
(Eps. 3, 4, 5)
(Eps. 3, 4, 5)
(Eps. 3, 4, 5)
(Eps. 3, 4, 5)
Episode 6, "The Grand Finale"
Airdate: November 26, 2012
For their final challenge, the final queens have to go to different locations within minutes of each other and perform different shows, consisting of a group interview, followed by an appearance at Hamburger Mary's to accept an award in their honor, and finish up with a comedy routine in front of a live audience. The queens were taught by Cheri Oteri on their comedic side. The queens (now competing as individuals), were then divided into pairs to attend the events. Chad and Raven were teamed to leave with season one's Ongina in her car, while Jujubee and Shannel were teamed to leave with season three's Delta Work in her car. On the interview, Jujubee did not interact as much, while Shannel overshadowed all the girls by talking too much. The final four also handled well at their Hamburger Mary's appearances. Raven, Chad, and Jujubee's comedy performances are highly liked by the crowd, while Shannel's performance fell flat. On the main stage, the queens receive their final critiques. Raven is praised for her look, as well as her performance in the comedy routine. Santino critiqued her on her makeup at her Hamburger Mary's appearance, which looked a little shiny. She also received notes on her use of cursing at the interview. Jujubee's look was critiqued for not bringing enough to the finale. She is also critiqued on her interview, in which she let the other queens outshine her. Shannel's finale look is praised for reminding the judges she is a showgirl, but she is criticized on both her comedy performance which was found offensive, and over-talking during the interview. Chad's entire performance as well as her final runway look are praised. During the deliberations, the judges agree Jujubee is holding back, which could show she is not ready to take on the large title. Michelle talks highly about her like of Shannel due to the fact she is a showgirl. Raven is spoken highly of due to her star potential, which was a reminder of why she was the runner-up of season 2. The judges agree Chad came to All-Stars with a new energy since season 4, and it showed in all of the challenges, as well as her background history with drag. After deliberating for the last time this season, Ru eliminates Jujubee and Shannel, leaving Chad and Raven to lip-sync for the final time. Both did well, but it was Chad Michaels who was crowned as the winner of RuPaul's All-Star Drag Race and the first inductee into Drag Race Hall of Fame. Chad Michaels also became the only of the twelve contestants to place higher in All-Stars than in her season (assuming Shannel finished in 4th rather than 3rd based on the final critiques).
- Guest Judges: Beth Ditto & Cheri Oteri
- Main Challenge: Drag on a Time (group interview session, public appearances at Hamburger Mary's, and a stand-up comedy routine)
- Eliminated: Jujubee & Shannel
- Final Two: Chad Michaels & Raven
- Lip Sync Song: "Responsitrannity (Matt's Pop Edit)" by RuPaul
- Runner-Up: Raven
- Winner of RuPaul's All-Stars Drag Race: Chad Michaels
- This is the only season...
- To have teams.
- To have two queens eliminated together in more than one episode.
- To use the 'button' to stop a lip sync and replace the team member lip sync.
- To have someone in the Top 2 not win a single main challenge.
- This was the first season to not have a reunion episode; the second being All Stars 3 and the third being All Stars 4.
- The first episode was dedicated to Sahara Davenport from Season 2, who died 3 weeks earlier.
- This is the shortest season to date, with 6 episodes.
- The lip-sync assassin of All-Stars Season 1 was Team Rujubee. Raven eliminated Team Yarlexis (Yara Sofia and Alexis Mateo) and Jujubee eliminated Team Latrila (Latrice Royale and Manila Luzon). The team also had a double shantay in episode 5.
- This season featured the most Miss Congeniality winners, at 4. (Nina Flowers, Pandora Boxx, Yara Sofia and Latrice Royale)
- This season has the oldest average age of any season, with an average age of 33.5.
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 1
Team Shad: Chad Michaels & Shannel • Team Rujubee: Raven & Jujubee • Team Yarlexis (5th): Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia • Team Latrila (6th): Manila Luzon & Latrice Royale • Team Brown Flowers (7th): Nina Flowers & Tammie Brown • Team Mandora (8th): Pandora Boxx & Mimi Imfurst
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales